Two Hands FFS

Saturday 26th July 2008
Ulster Club Senior Hurling League Div 1 Playoffs
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
Cushendall    -   -   Dunloy    Loughgiel   S-Final         7pm

Should be good match with championship starting next week

maxpower

Dunloy 1-16 to Cushendall 1-13

Cushendall missing a few McNaughton & McManus, as were dunloy Ally, Molloy, Dick (came on in second half) & Quinn.

Competitive game but no real flow or pattern, alot, alot of frees.  Dunloy won because of a fortunate goal late in the game and will be anything but happy with the performance especially in the first half where we trailed by 5.

Cushendall doing as expected and stating to come good at the right time.  Given the draw maybe they feel they only need to really peak for a final (though the Johnies might have something to day about that), they will again be a serious team to contend with this year
What happens next????

RealSpiritof98

Cuchulainns V Randalstown is on Wed night in Sarsfields,

They beat us last year by 2 points so hoping to turn the tables on them.

Does big Magill still play for them, he certainly celebrated Armaghs ulster title in style ;)

johnneycool

Ballygalget vrs Dunloy final scheduled for Casement next week. I think it might be the wednesday or friday night.

I believe the ref in the Ballygalget vrs Glenariff had difficulty counting the score but got it sorted in the end..

Lecale2

Quote from: johnneycool on August 14, 2008, 11:35:09 AM
Ballygalget vrs Dunloy final scheduled for Casement next week.
A dress rehearsal for the Ulster Championship final?

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on August 14, 2008, 11:35:09 AM
Ballygalget vrs Dunloy final scheduled for Casement next week. I think it might be the wednesday or friday night.

I believe the ref in the Ballygalget vrs Glenariff had difficulty counting the score but got it sorted in the end..

Not sure that he did as i heard the other day it is going to be replayed.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Lecale2

Final result: Dunloy 4-22 Ballygalget 2-8. Any reports?

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 30, 2008, 09:58:42 AM
Final result: Dunloy 4-22 Ballygalget 2-8. Any reports?

everyone keeping their heads down in Galget land, a night to forget from all accounts

slow corner back

Quote from: milltown row on September 03, 2008, 01:04:58 PM
ulster hurling league shite, no other teams apart from antrim teams  would or should i say can play . A harsh reailty from the 6 county format.  :o
Should that not be nine counties milltown. As far as I remember Burt and Setanta did well in it last year. Not a lot coming from Cavan admittedly but some of the Monagan teams but in an effort.

milltown row

sorry slow corner back, gremlins have been at my account, will have to change password, i'm all for the Ulster league all 9 counties competing

Lecale2

I thought it was very early for you to be on the drink Milltown.

Rasmatazz:)

I had the same problem ,miltown hoe. Them gremlins are pain in the back side. What did you do pee them off  ???

theskull1

Never was a massive fan of the UHL, but I think on reflection that teams (ones with large panels anyway) can really benefit from the extra games that it provides. At least the final was played at a better time of the year than last year, but if two Antrim clubs had still to meet each other in the championship then it wouldn't have happened

What about the other counties? Whats your take?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lecale2

The Antrim leagues seem to be running fairly smoothly this year so clubs playing in Antrim have regular games. Outside of Antrim the rest of Ulster is disaster. In Down the footballers have played around 18 league games while the hurlers have played 9.  That's not near enough to keep lads interested so the Ulster league helps fill the gap.

Rasmatazz:)

When do u think the cops;(ruc)psni will take part in the ulster legue . Well it be soon or ever?
Any coments?