TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Finished "Anatomy of a scandal" last night on Netflix
Excellent show.  The twist halfway through really got me.

lurganblue

Thoroughly enjoyed The Diplomat on Netflix. Moves along at a decent pace.

Kin is fairly heating up.  I am enjoying this series much more than i enjoyed the first.

nrico2006

Quote from: lurganblue on May 03, 2023, 10:07:28 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed The Diplomat on Netflix. Moves along at a decent pace.

Kin is fairly heating up.  I am enjoying this series much more than i enjoyed the first.

Kin season 2 is better. The daughter Anna is the worst actress ever though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

LC

Citadel on Amazon Prime seems good so far.

screenexile

Started watching that sitcom Colin from Accounts on BBC iplayer. really enjoyable Aussie comedy and it's only half an hour so goes by quickly.

Well worth a watch!

gawa316

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on April 06, 2023, 03:36:35 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 05, 2023, 06:38:59 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 05, 2023, 03:45:49 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 25, 2023, 12:33:10 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 25, 2023, 12:19:48 AM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 24, 2023, 11:17:46 PM
Nearly 10 years late to the party but True Detective Season 1was one of the best series I have watched in along time Harrelson and McConaughey  were outstanding in it (doubt the Louisiana tourism board would have enjoyed it as much through)

It finished brilliant. If I remember right, first 5 or 6 episodes were slow enough though. The jumping back and forward through the years added alot to it too.
Yep it was a slow burn for the first  few episodes but so worth it ,  also had one of the most unnerving/creepy antagonist's in any series/film I have seen

Flip me how have I never heard about this? One episode to go on the first season...excellent show

The first series was excellent. Definitely up there. One episode Woody Harrelson was the luckiest man on the planet lol. The rest of the series were absolute rubbish considering the stars  and budget.

First season was some of the best tv there's ever been.  Two fantastic actors at the peak of their powers.  Second season I gave up on; it was just terrible.
Third season I also really liked.  Although it wasn't up to the standard of season 1, it was still really good.

Finished season 2 and meh...at times I was thinking okay this is getting good, at times I was thinking what the Feck is going on, at times I was thinking Vince Vaughn is brutal...still watched it to the end and then the last episode I was like 'you mother f#$kers' to the writers. Shite ending

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on May 03, 2023, 12:56:09 PM
Started watching that sitcom Colin from Accounts on BBC iplayer. really enjoyable Aussie comedy and it's only half an hour so goes by quickly.

Well worth a watch!

Really enjoyed it.

nrico2006

Love Harrelson and McConaghey. Apparently they could be brothers too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J70

Finished Beef (Ali Wong and Steven Yuen). Brilliant series.

Also watched one called Jury Duty that's available on the Freevee app in the states. Its a mockumentary about jurors in a trial, except everyone except one juror is an actor. James Marsden from Westworld is very good as a spoof version of himself on jury duty. Was surprised how enjoyable it was overall.

gallsman

Enjoyed Beef but it went completely batshit by the end.

lurganblue

Thought the last episode in particular really let it down.

J70

The violent ninth episode was brilliant.

Last one where they were tripping, wasn't sure during it, but by the time they wrapped it up I thought it was a good way to end it.

Captain Scarlet

Not sure if either have been mentioned but Serioes 2 of Sweet Tooth is on Netflix. It's about a disease wiping out mankind while hybrid animal-kids are blamed and hunted.

Such an odd show that could be so despressing but it is actually uplifted by the kids and the good guys. There is one little character called Bobby (an animatronic groundhog in a dungarees) and he has some hilarious moments. Just be warned it may seem like a kids show, but there is a fair bit of violence.

Also, Series 2 of The Curse on Channel 4 is something you will tear through. A bunch of dimwits rob a load of gold in East End London and are on the run now. The comedian Tom Davis wrote some of it and he plays a character called Big Mick Neville - gold dust! Again, you can see it on the C4 Player and you will fly through it.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Louther

Kin. Brilliant season. Brillant finish (rte spoiler aside  ::))

bennydorano

WTF were they thinking the bellends, such a spoiler. Kin S2 was superb, Francis Magee as Bren really brought it to another level. I was reading S3 is already filmed, I'd say they'll keep it for the Autumn.