TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Walking dead is a pile of shite really, but I keep watching it. Really enjoyed the new episode in season 7, it was bloody intense! Didn't see that coming!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: JimStynes on October 24, 2016, 09:54:26 PM
Walking dead is a pile of shite really, but I keep watching it. Really enjoyed the new episode in season 7, it was bloody intense! Didn't see that coming!

I find it very frustrating but keep going back but that episode was pretty gripping. Enjoyed it.
#newbridgeornowhere

leenie

I'm really enjoying westworld ..

The missing on BBC is excellent viewing too
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

laoislad

One of the best episodes yet. It was fairly intense alright!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lurganblue

Quote from: laoislad on October 25, 2016, 09:58:13 AM
One of the best episodes yet. It was fairly intense alright!

cracking episode. gruesome stuff at times. Negan is a great character to be added to the show, and so well played.

Hound

Watching a really good documentary series "Hitler: The Rise and Fall" on More4 at the moment. I'd imagine its on the 4Player for catch up.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: screenexile on October 21, 2016, 03:49:47 PM
Lads the 3rd episode of Black Mirrors new series is probably one of the best pieces of television I've seen maybe ever... Would be interesting to hear others views on it but I thought it was exceptional!!!

I have enjoyed all of the first 3 episodes of black mirror in the new series.
Looking forward to watching the rest of them.
Its unlike any other show out there at the minute
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Quote from: leenie on October 25, 2016, 12:06:21 AM

Me too. Thon Ed Harris is a bad egg.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 26, 2016, 01:41:23 PM

Im undecided about Westworld , its certainly interesting at the minute, but I get the feeling it could be one of those shows that ultimately goes nowhere
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 26, 2016, 02:00:15 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 26, 2016, 01:41:23 PM

Im undecided about Westworld , its certainly interesting at the minute, but I get the feeling it could be one of those shows that ultimately goes nowhere
Oh I totally agree. It'll probably have a good first season and go off the rails in subsequent seasons until it eventually gets canned.

laoislad

I'm unsure about Westworld myself. Enjoyed the first episode but finding myself getting a little bored with the last couple.
Will stick with it for now.
I started watching a new one lately called Timeless. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeless_(TV_series)
It's really not that great yet I keep watching it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lurganblue

The Fall has turned to a complete bag of sh*te

JoG2

Quote from: lurganblue on October 26, 2016, 03:30:36 PM
The Fall has turned to a complete bag of sh*te

Brutal.  The Missing season 2 has started well

leenie

Watched the first two episodes of the young pope, directed by oscar winning director Paolo Sorrentino and starring Jude Law and Diane Keaton.. it's dark, but I think it will be good, starts tonight at 9pm on sky Atlantic
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

bennydorano

Started watching the Exorcist series on SyFy, 2 episodes in and it's excellent so far, got a lot of potential like.