TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Started watching Vice Principals, very good so far. And another one to check out is Survivor's Remorse, similar type show to Ballers.

BennyHarp

Quote from: laoislad on July 22, 2016, 10:10:48 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2016, 12:17:11 AM
Stranger Things on Netflix . . . A mix of The Goonies/X Files/Dazed and Confused.

4 Episodes in I'm completely hooked get on it!
Thanks for the tip. Watched the first couple of episodes last night and really enjoyed them.

+1. Four episodes in too. Good show!
That was never a square ball!!

Apparently so

JimStynes

Started watching the new hbo show - 'the night of'. Only on episode 2 but it is excellent so far. One of those shows were you can't wait to see the next episode.

It's great being a teacher and having all this time to watch these TV shows.  8)

Harold Disgracey

Anyone watching Wasted on e4? A sort of updated version of Spaced, very funny so far and it has Sean Bean playing Sean Bean in full Ned Stark garb as the imaginary spirit guide of one of the main characters.

Also I've just finished season 1 of Gomorrah, an absolutely brilliant show.

JimStynes

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on August 05, 2016, 11:31:36 AM
Anyone watching Wasted on e4? A sort of updated version of Spaced, very funny so far and it has Sean Bean playing Sean Bean in full Ned Stark garb as the imaginary spirit guide of one of the main characters.

Also I've just finished season 1 of Gomorrah, an absolutely brilliant show.

I keep going on about Gomorrah but it really is an unbelievable show. There are a few things in season 2 that will shock you!

Rma13

I absolutely love Gomorrah, it is right up there with The Wire for me as a show that should be watched. 

Is anyone watching Outcast?  I thought the 1st episode was brilliant, especially the opening scenes but as it has progressed I think it has lost it's way slightly as regards the plot.

blewuporstuffed

Anyone watching Billions?

I watched the first episode last night and it seems promising enough.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

Starting season 6 of Entourage, love Johnny Drama.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

Ari is still the best character though. Great show!

Finished the French series, 'The Disappearance' there. Another murder mystery with plenty of twists in it, couldn't stop watching it. I'm running out of things to watch lads. Any other suggestions.

laoislad

Have you watched 11.22.63 yet?
Or Stranger Things?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: JimStynes on August 10, 2016, 09:59:11 AM
Ari is still the best character though. Great show!

Finished the French series, 'The Disappearance' there. Another murder mystery with plenty of twists in it, couldn't stop watching it. I'm running out of things to watch lads. Any other suggestions.

The Night Of is shaping up really well. Stranger things is the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Last chance U on Netflix is very good also. Plenty of good stuff around if you have the time... actually aren't you a teacher?? Never mind you have plenty!!  :P :P

lurganblue

Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2016, 10:11:37 AM
Have you watched 11.22.63 yet?
Or Stranger Things?

Read the book about 2 months ago.  Concept was good buit i thought it was a little too drawn out.  Hoping the series will be more enjoyable.

JimStynes

I'll have a look at that 11.22.63. Looks like it has a decent cast anyway! Also might have a look at 'The Killing'. Thing it's from Denmark or somewhere.

I've watched Stranger Things and didn't like it. The acting, music etc was brilliant but it's just not my sort of show. The monsters and underworld thing is just too far fetched for me.

Night of is brilliant, can't wait to find out what happens. Finished Last Chance U yesterday, really enjoyed it. American Footballers seem like complete pricks. The black quarter back thought he was a superstar and he was hardly getting any game time!

One show I have always sort of wanted to watch is 'The West Wing'.

Rma13

Quote from: JimStynes on August 10, 2016, 10:33:14 AM
I'll have a look at that 11.22.63. Looks like it has a decent cast anyway! Also might have a look at 'The Killing'. Thing it's from Denmark or somewhere.

I've watched Stranger Things and didn't like it. The acting, music etc was brilliant but it's just not my sort of show. The monsters and underworld thing is just too far fetched for me.

Night of is brilliant, can't wait to find out what happens. Finished Last Chance U yesterday, really enjoyed it. American Footballers seem like complete pricks. The black quarter back thought he was a superstar and he was hardly getting any game time!

One show I have always sort of wanted to watch is 'The West Wing'.

I have watched both 11.22.63 & The Killing, wouldn't be overly enthused by either although I would say The Killing is the better of the two.  Have you already watched The Shield? I think it is definitely worth watching, also Containment is quite good although I am only at episode 5 with it.