TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: JoG2 on June 29, 2016, 09:22:14 AM
The Disappearance on BBC4 / iPlayer. French thriller about a missing teenager. Decent show
Cant find the first few episodes of this show anywhere

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 07, 2016, 01:19:16 PM
Watched the first two episodes of Preacher, darkly comic and I'm impressed so far.
Definitely unlike anything I've ever watched before ,(never read the comics it's based on ) good though with some great performances

bennydorano

3rd series of Man Down started on Channel 4, very funny show imo.

mrdeeds

After finishing season one of Peaky Blinders. Brilliant. Well acted and great story line.

screenexile

Stranger Things on Netflix . . . A mix of The Goonies/X Files/Dazed and Confused.

4 Episodes in I'm completely hooked get on it!

BenDover

Ballers was back there at the weekend - 30mins just doesn't seem long enough

nrico2006

Been working my way through Entourage, nice wee 26 minutes episodes and onto season 4 now.  Class show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Ethan Tremblay

Entourage great show, Drama one of the funniest characters on tv, also watch Ari's best bits on YouTube, they are hard to beat.  Last few seasons not as great as the first few but very watchable all the same!

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

themac_23

Entourage is one of my favourite shows, the chemistry between the 4 just seems natural. Ari and Lloyd are a laugh too, just really funny the whole way through, agree that Drama is some laugh

nrico2006

Some of the scenes so far have been funny as hell, the one with Ari trying to sneak out with his PJs under his suit trying to get into the Playboy mansion, and the whole craic with Drama trying to get in to.  I was in stitches too in the episode where Drama wanted leg implants and he was staring at a fella's legs for a while and just came out with "Look at the tree trunks on him".  Hilarious. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

heffo

Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2016, 12:17:11 AM
Stranger Things on Netflix . . . A mix of The Goonies/X Files/Dazed and Confused.

Am four in too and loving it.

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2016, 12:17:11 AM

Thanks for the tip. Watched the first couple of episodes last night and really enjoyed them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bennydorano

Fleabags on BBC i player is very good, i'd say it has enough dirt to keep Laoislad happy too.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on July 30, 2016, 10:04:39 PM
Fleabags on BBC i player is very good, i'd say it has enough dirt to keep Laoislad happy too.
It must be bad.

Main Street

I've watched 2 episodes of Night Of https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the-night-of/s01/ and so far so good.
An eight-part drama series following a murder case in New York. I was a reluctant viewer at first but bit by bit I got into it  and then John Turturro sealed it.