TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: lurganblue on May 17, 2016, 03:40:59 PM
On a side note, I was in Tollymore forest park on Saturday past and out from the woods comes about 20 members of the nights watch dress accordingly. Was a strange sight.  Tour bus awaited them to go to another location...
Only one thing to do in a situation like that....

screenexile

Looking forward to the ending of Marcella tonight... excellent so far!

gallsman

Game of thrones building up nicely.  Some nice "scenery" towards the end of that episode.  Both GOT and the walking dead are the hardest to avoid spoilers of if you fall behind.  Social media etc is plastered with coverage.

True, but folks like Tony B who are watching the first season five years after it aired can't really complain if they come across any major spoilers. Like the ep where Bran grows wings to replace his broken legs.

Milltown Row2

Marcella was great... Been some shows that have had a great start but end up crap, this was great right to the end...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2016, 10:32:21 PM
Marcella was great... Been some shows that have had a great start but end up crap, this was great right to the end...

Enjoyed it as well . . .

**SPOILER ALERT**

What happened to the Taxi Driver's brother we have no clue what the f**k happened there!!!

leenie

Quote from: gallsman on May 17, 2016, 04:23:02 PM
Game of thrones building up nicely.  Some nice "scenery" towards the end of that episode.  Both GOT and the walking dead are the hardest to avoid spoilers of if you fall behind.  Social media etc is plastered with coverage.

True, but folks like Tony B who are watching the first season five years after it aired can't really complain if they come across any major spoilers. Like the ep where Bran grows wings to replace his broken legs.

;D
You know that place you can't stay to long .. I hope he does .. He annoys me

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on May 18, 2016, 01:53:28 PM

Enjoyed it as well . . .

**SPOILER ALERT**

What happened to the Taxi Driver's brother we have no clue what the f**k happened there!!!

Yeah! She could have him tied up somewhere!! Great show though... Best I've watched this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Watched the first episode of Marcella. Not fussed so far.

On the second episode of 'The Five'. Going well so far.

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2016, 09:19:48 PM

Enjoyed it as well . . .

**SPOILER ALERT**

Yeah! She could have him tied up somewhere!! Great show though... Best I've watched this year

Good but no Line of Duty!!!

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: screenexile on May 18, 2016, 10:55:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2016, 09:19:48 PM

Enjoyed it as well . . .

**SPOILER ALERT**

Good but no Line of Duty!!!
+1

Rois

Quote from: JimStynes on May 18, 2016, 09:23:14 PM

Watched the last two episodes of The Five on Monday - I did enjoy it, though it was slightly confusing in parts, lots of different storylines that eventually come together.
I've read some Harlan Coben books, was strange to have a UK-based programme as his stories are US-based but it worked well enough.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Rois on May 18, 2016, 11:56:30 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on May 18, 2016, 09:23:14 PM

Watched the last two episodes of The Five on Monday - I did enjoy it, though it was slightly confusing in parts, lots of different storylines that eventually come together.
I've read some Harlan Coben books, was strange to have a UK-based programme as his stories are US-based but it worked well enough.

I finished it the other night - not bad.  Lots of hooks and twists just like his books - enjoyable enough.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

gallsman

Has anyone bothered watching The Secret? Am quite enjoying it.

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on May 19, 2016, 10:09:20 AM

Episode 3 was very creepy in parts. Religion in general creeps me out, however those baptist loons take the biscuit !

Bombed through Line of Duty, what a brilliant show.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on May 19, 2016, 10:09:20 AM
Aye it's good but unsurprisingly the family have tried to get it put off air. Some of the stuff appears very sensationalised so I can see why they might take offence. Nesbitt is a good creep.