TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Better Call Saul last episode of Ep10 of S2 last night.
i enjoy this series better than I did BB.
This episode leaves a couple of nicely crafted,  slow burned, subtle cliff hangers.

The actor who plays the thoroughly despicable Chuck, imo  gives the acting performance of this series.

Main Street

Quote from: lurganblue on April 20, 2016, 09:58:45 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 19, 2016, 01:51:26 PM
Watched the end of Vinyl there... it lost its way a bit from the opening episode I'd give it about a 6.5/10 meh!

Serious!? I thought the whole first series was excellent.  Very much looking forward to the next one.
Vinyl  is choc-a-block with unlikable insincere posers who create nothing but who think they are creating something,  and if they could only get it together, if they weren't so clogged up on cocaine, they would still be awful.
I liked the short musical interludes  where the entire plot and  cast of characters were sidelined for a brief moment in time , for example  those 20 seconds where out of the blue the Wailers (with Bunny Wailer) were opening up for "Bruce"  in some dangy club. Or that  one or so minutes of Elvis in Las Vegas with  the camera shots taking in both Elvis and the audience reaction, then ruined by  main characters returning talking bullsh
I was reminded about that awful film, "The Bodyguard" where the only good bit was when two characters were in  the cinema and we saw a 5 second clip of "The Seven Samurai" on the big screen.

Newbridge Exile

Line of duty tonight was the best hour of TV I've watched in a long time, 90 minutes finale next week during which a certain someone will hopefully get their long overdue comeuppance

lurganblue

Anyone watched Bates Motel on Netflix? Started watching it the other day.  I've only watched two but it seems an interesting take on the story.  Although a prequel to psycho it's set in modern times... not too sure how well that works so far.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 21, 2016, 10:07:57 PM
Line of duty tonight was the best hour of TV I've watched in a long time, 90 minutes finale next week during which a certain someone will hopefully get their long overdue comeuppance

All filmed in Belfast too, as were all of the previous ones
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2016, 01:33:48 PM

All filmed in Belfast too, as were all of the previous ones

Quality Television.

Started Billions last night. Top quality opening and end to the first episode. It looks a bit "Wolf of Wall Street" ish but it's a good cast I think I'll stick with it.

lenny

Absolutely gripping. This whole series has been excellent as was the last series. It's a long time since I looked forward so much to each episode of a tv series.

TabClear

Started watching Sleeper Cell this week.  Great show so far. A grittier version of Homeland without the Carrie nonsense.

Tony Baloney

Amazing stuff. It's just a tv show but I was shouting at the tv for her to send the picture message! The best show in years.

gallsman

Game of Thrones back last night. All material new to book readers so interesting/confusing.

JoG2

4 episodes into the new season of Banshee. It took a couple to get up and running but episodes 3 and 4 were brilliant, great show

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on April 25, 2016, 09:23:57 AM
Game of Thrones back last night. All material new to book readers so interesting/confusing.

Well not all, but i get what you mean.  They've still to cover a lot of the greyjoy stuff that was excluded from the last series.  It's great to have it back though!!

gallsman

Quote from: lurganblue on April 25, 2016, 10:20:15 AM

Well not all, but i get what you mean.  They've still to cover a lot of the greyjoy stuff that was excluded from the last series.  It's great to have it back though!!

Nothing that happened in last night's episode had been covered in the books as far as I can recall.

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on April 25, 2016, 01:42:25 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on April 25, 2016, 10:20:15 AM

Nothing that happened in last night's episode had been covered in the books as far as I can recall.

Happy days.  Gonna get watching it tonight

johnneycool

Lads no spoilers FFS!!

It may take me a day or two to get watching it!