TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: bennydorano on March 16, 2016, 11:36:08 PM
The People v OJ is a great watch (presumably for people of a certain age who 'lived' it). Stellar cast as well.

Have also got into Justified, wouldn't be my normal cup of tea but i'm really enjoying it, just about to start S4.

The Night Manager on BBC1 is superb, a good old fashioned espionagey type story.

Thea Night Manager is superb. Really enjoying it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 17, 2016, 01:54:24 AM
The People v OJ is a great watch (presumably for people of a certain age who 'lived' it). Stellar cast as well.

Have also got into Justified, wouldn't be my normal cup of tea but i'm really enjoying it, just about to start S4.

The Night Manager on BBC1 is superb, a good old fashioned espionagey type story.

Yep agree 100 % Hugh Laurie is excellent in it

Milltown Row2

Liking OJ myself, as you say stella cast but the acting is slightly.... Oh I don't know bit slow?? Don't know how to describe it, but its a good show, well hooked, even though you know the ending
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Zulu

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 17, 2016, 07:33:11 AM

Really? Though I'm watching it and will continue to do so I find it simply distracting fluff. It started pretty well but now it's just a poor man's Bond set in glamorous exotic settings. It's totally
unbelievable and most of the characters are one dimensional versions of something we've seen a
hundred times before. I think it's just popcorn TV.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Zulu on March 17, 2016, 10:51:35 AM

Really? Though I'm watching it and will continue to do so I find it simply distracting fluff. It started pretty well but now it's just a poor man's Bond set in glamorous exotic settings. It's totally
unbelievable and most of the characters are one dimensional versions of something we've seen a
Not doing it for me either at present although I am an episode behind. Good cast and high production values though.

JoG2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 17, 2016, 01:47:39 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 17, 2016, 10:51:35 AM

Not doing it for me either at present although I am an episode behind. Good cast and high production values though.

Quite enjoying The Night Manager. 

Have the last episode of Trapped to watch tonight.  It's on the BBC iplayer.  Icelandic 10 part crime drama,  superb show! 

Canalman

Saw the Aidan O'Shea programme there about the American football. Very good and have to say he comes across very well .

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Canalman on March 17, 2016, 09:39:58 PM
  Saw the Aidan O'Shea programme there about the American football. Very good and have to say he comes across very well .
Aye it was good. He just didn't have quick enough feet. He scored on the weather though!

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on March 16, 2016, 10:45:50 PM
The Walking Dead has been very good since its return.
Some of the scenes have been brutal. The last episode was excellent.

It has been brilliant since its return, really upped the pace.

Been trying to go through Making a Murderer the past while, me and the woman watched the first episode and a bit of the second but hard to motivate myself to watch it again.  Heard it was a slow burner though so will stick with it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 18, 2016, 09:16:16 AM
Quote from: laoislad on March 16, 2016, 10:45:50 PM
The Walking Dead has been very good since its return.
Some of the scenes have been brutal. The last episode was excellent.

It has been brilliant since its return, really upped the pace.

Been trying to go through Making a Murderer the past while, me and the woman watched the first episode and a bit of the second but hard to motivate myself to watch it again.  Heard it was a slow burner though so will stick with it.

Yeah you need to give it about four episodes before it gets decent.

Walking dead is the only show at the minute that i have to watch when it is on or it gets ruined the next day by people talking about it.  Cant wait for game of thrones in April

Gold

On series 5 of Dexter. Enjoying it

Anyone else watching?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

nrico2006

Quote from: Gold on March 18, 2016, 02:19:31 PM

Anyone else watching?

Season 2 and 4 were the best for me, the historical element to four was great.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

themac_23

Quote from: Gold on March 18, 2016, 02:19:31 PM

Anyone else watching?

Loved Dexter, thought it a very well thought out show. Slice of Life, what a boat lol

blewuporstuffed

Almost finished the first season Of Friday Night lights and have been pleasantly surprised by how good it it.
One of the most enjoyable TV series I have watched, some great characters and really well put together.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Watched the first episode of 11.22.63 last night.
Enjoyed it and will stick with it. Are all the episodes 80mins long though?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.