TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2015, 02:00:26 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 11, 2015, 01:59:22 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2015, 01:42:59 PM
There is a programme starting after Christmas called Deutschland 83 which looks promising. Has anyone seen it elsewhere on streams etc?

Already started on RTE2. It's good so far.
Ach ballix.

If you have an Anroid box you'll find it on the Genesis add on.
Think it's on the RTE player too.

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on December 11, 2015, 01:44:18 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 11, 2015, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 11, 2015, 12:16:57 PM
Did anybody else stick with The Affair? I thought it dragged a bit but has recaptured my interest lately after a couple of good twists

I am a couple of episodes behind but I have enjoyed it

I'm still a bit meh about it. I've watched them all and there are too many moody/arty scenes of people fighting and pouting for me to be massively interested in it.

The Wife loves it so I play WGC while it's on ... I'm a multi tasker!
What's WGC?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on December 11, 2015, 02:30:20 PM
Did anybody else stick with The Affair? I thought it dragged a bit but has recaptured my interest lately after a couple of good twists

I'm still a bit meh about it. I've watched them all and there are too many moody/arty scenes of people fighting and pouting for me to be massively interested in it.

What's WGC?

Any time anyone wants a beating on it let me know !

Golf game on IOS, think it's Android too
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Zulu

Errr what the hell just happened in Fargo???

bennydorano

Zulu

Really? I've throughly enjoyed it so far but that was a surreal, am I missing something?

screenexile

What's WGC?

Sorry its WGT...

www.wgt.com

bennydorano

Quote from: Zulu on December 14, 2015, 11:10:48 PM
Really? I've throughly enjoyed it so far but that was a surreal, am I missing something?
That's exactly what it was, meaningless surrealism (imo), didn't spoil my enjoyment anyway.

Jell 0 Biafra

If you're talking about what I think you are, you've been missing quite a bit if you didn't see something like that coming.  It's been foreshadowed from the very first episode, and in quite a few others.   Still a crap idea though.

JoG2

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 15, 2015, 12:11:38 AM

If you're talking about what I think you are, you've been missing quite a bit if you didn't see something like that coming.  It's been foreshadowed from the very first episode, and in quite a few others.   Still a crap idea though.

eh? if so, was completely over my head. Very surreal . Top show

muppet

Quote from: screenexile on December 14, 2015, 11:17:31 PM

What's WGC?

Sorry its WGT...

www.wgt.com

That is a class game.

If my broadband was a little better I could see me locking myself in a room for the next year or two.

Bye!
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

Have seen every episode and didn't see that coming, nor did it make an ounce of sense. I do recall something in the first episode that hinted at such a thing alright but can't recall anything subsequently. If they don't explain it in thinnest episode I'd be very disappointed as it saved the life of one important character and cost another theirs so it had a major impact on the story and how it can conclude. Good show all the same and much better than the first series for me.

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on December 15, 2015, 01:00:01 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 14, 2015, 11:17:31 PM

What's WGC?

Sorry its WGT...

www.wgt.com

That is a class game.

If my broadband was a little better I could see me locking myself in a room for the next year or two.

Bye!
Go for a run instead.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Zulu on December 15, 2015, 01:04:05 PM

Have seen every episode and didn't see that coming, nor did it make an ounce of sense. I do recall something in the first episode that hinted at such a thing alright but can't recall anything subsequently. If they don't explain it in thinnest episode I'd be very disappointed as it saved the life of one important character and cost another theirs so it had a major impact on the story and how it can conclude. Good show all the same and much better than the first series for me.

Right, there's the thing in the first episode, around the time the brother stumbles onto the road.  There are a number of references in subsequent episodes to ...um... (trying not to spoil)... the kind of thing that happens in the most recent episode.  For example, there are stickers on a cash register (or a bathroom, I forget which) in one episode, there's the crazy writing in the older cop's office, and there are a few more.  The missus and I made a point of watching out for subsequent hints after the first episode, and they show up in many of the episodes. 

Oh, and there's also a hint at the end of the episode "Before the Law."

Now I'm not claiming to have predicted exactly what was coming, but it seemed clear to me that they were going to do something with it.