TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Anyone watch 'you me and the apocalypse' on sky one. Thought it was very good. Not sure how they could make a second season though...

muppet

Pining after finishing season 2 of Peaky Blinders.

Now what?

Marco Polo, HOC, BCS have new series coming at some stage.

Anyone know where I can get GOT season 5?
MWWSI 2017

BenDover

Quote from: muppet on December 08, 2015, 09:24:19 PM
Pining after finishing season 2 of Peaky Blinders.

Now what?

Marco Polo, HOC, BCS have new series coming at some stage.

Anyone know where I can get GOT season 5?
Movie HD has the full season 5

nrico2006

Had 21 shows on the go at one stage last year and now I have none, although that's because of season breaks etc.  But I'm thinking at the minute the only shows I have on the go that haven't been cancelled or finished are GOT, Peaky Blinders, Leftovers, Blacklist, Better Call Saul, Fear the Walking Dead, the 100 and Walking Dead.  I actually looked forward to having less as they were too addictive but now I am finding that there is hardly anything on at night to watch film wise, trying to resist going on a binge but been hearing too much about Sons of Anarchy. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

themac_23

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 09, 2015, 10:59:10 AM
Had 21 shows on the go at one stage last year and now I have none, although that's because of season breaks etc.  But I'm thinking at the minute the only shows I have on the go that haven't been cancelled or finished are GOT, Peaky Blinders, Leftovers, Blacklist, Better Call Saul, Fear the Walking Dead, the 100 and Walking Dead.  I actually looked forward to having less as they were too addictive but now I am finding that there is hardly anything on at night to watch film wise, trying to resist going on a binge but been hearing too much about Sons of Anarchy.

sons of anarchy is a great show, up there with my favourites one season where they come to belfast is it a bit poor but again that could be because anyone from here watching it knows that a. the accents were brutal and b. we dont live in shanty huts lol. Def give it a watch you won't regret it, unless you regret not getting to sleep until 4-5 in the morning because of the '1 more episode' disease lol.

Canalman

Quote from: themac_23 on December 09, 2015, 12:10:33 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 09, 2015, 10:59:10 AM

sons of anarchy is a great show, up there with my favourites one season where they come to belfast is it a bit poor but again that could be because anyone from here watching it knows that a. the accents were brutal and b. we dont live in shanty huts lol. Def give it a watch you won't regret it, unless you regret not getting to sleep until 4-5 in the morning because of the '1 more episode' disease lol.

Agree with you there about SOA.

The series based in Ireland imo was awful and now I think it was more to do with the accents and scenes obviously filmed in America but claiming to be set along the border.

Hearing great things about the following serieses and aim to finish the whole boxset off in the new year.

Shakespeare touch v. interesting.

laoislad

Started watching a series called The last man on earth.
It's harmless enough but has its funny moments. I'll probably stick with it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Harold Disgracey

This series of Toast of London has been excellent. Pat Short in it tonight performing sex change operations for £50.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on December 10, 2015, 12:02:46 AM
This series of Toast of London has been excellent. Pat Short in it tonight performing sex change operations for £50.

Only started watching it recently; it's really, really funny. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Boycey

Did anybody else stick with The Affair? I thought it dragged a bit but has recaptured my interest lately after a couple of good twists

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on December 11, 2015, 12:16:57 PM
Did anybody else stick with The Affair? I thought it dragged a bit but has recaptured my interest lately after a couple of good twists

I am a couple of episodes behind but I have enjoyed it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

There is a programme starting after Christmas called Deutschland 83 which looks promising. Has anyone seen it elsewhere on streams etc?

screenexile

Quote from: Minder on December 11, 2015, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 11, 2015, 12:16:57 PM

I am a couple of episodes behind but I have enjoyed it

I'm still a bit meh about it. I've watched them all and there are too many moody/arty scenes of people fighting and pouting for me to be massively interested in it.

The Wife loves it so I play WGC while it's on ... I'm a multi tasker!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2015, 01:42:59 PM
There is a programme starting after Christmas called Deutschland 83 which looks promising. Has anyone seen it elsewhere on streams etc?

Already started on RTE2. It's good so far.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 11, 2015, 01:59:22 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2015, 01:42:59 PM

Already started on RTE2. It's good so far.
Ach ballix.