TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Quote from: laoislad on November 17, 2015, 08:26:18 AM
Quote from: BenDover on November 17, 2015, 08:09:29 AM
thanks to this thread - The Walking Dead has taken over all my free time, a good show but I'm looking fwd to getting to the end so I can get a proper nights sleep.
How far are you in?
You'll have to watch Fear the Walking Dead next.
S5 Ep 10 - what's that about?

laoislad

Quote from: BenDover on November 17, 2015, 12:55:33 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 17, 2015, 08:26:18 AM
Quote from: BenDover on November 17, 2015, 08:09:29 AM
thanks to this thread - The Walking Dead has taken over all my free time, a good show but I'm looking fwd to getting to the end so I can get a proper nights sleep.
How far are you in?
You'll have to watch Fear the Walking Dead next.
S5 Ep 10 - what's that about?
Its a spinoff of The Walking Dead set right at the very start of the zombie breakout. Only 6 episodes in season 1 so you'd catch up easily enough.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Couple of my mates are massively into the Walking Dead graphic novels. Apparently the author has said that there are at least as many books to go as have already been written!

blewuporstuffed

Anyone watched the first episode of the new Sky series 'Blindspot'?
Its decent without being fantastic. I will stick with it a few episodes anyway
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

Just watched the latest episode of Leftovers last night, holy f**k its been a long time since I was as shocked at the end of an episode of any series.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Yip, i don't wanna repeat again but i dont know what's going on half the time but it is absolutely compelling viewing atm.

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 18, 2015, 01:37:14 PM
Anyone watched the first episode of the new Sky series 'Blindspot'?
Its decent without being fantastic. I will stick with it a few episodes anyway
Saw it advertised. It's on Showbox so will give it a go tonight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

themac_23

Anyone get a look at the show that started on sky atlantic, the last panthers? seen it advertised looked like it could be a good show, always something i took an interest in.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: themac_23 on November 18, 2015, 06:34:19 PM
Anyone get a look at the show that started on sky atlantic, the last panthers? seen it advertised looked like it could be a good show, always something i took an interest in.
The first episode was interesting. Quite different from a lot of the Sky Atlantic shows.
A lot of it in subtitles.
I will give it another few episodes before I make up my mind on it, but a decent start.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Don Johnson

The Last Panthers could not be any worse than Fortitude. Can't believe I wasted my time watching that to the end.

Really liked the first two episodes of it by the way. Looks good.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 20, 2015, 08:54:02 PM
The Last Panthers could not be any worse than Fortitude. Can't believe I wasted my time watching that to the end.

+1, refused to give up on it and stuck it out to the end.  :-\ :-[

Canalman

Had the misfortune to watch 15 minutes or so of Citizen Khan last night. Awful.

AZOffaly

Anyone watch Justified on Sky Atlantic/Sky On Demand? A US Marshall working in Kentucky, dealing with all the various hillbilly criminals he comes across, including the Dixie mafia. Good watch.

nrico2006

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 23, 2015, 11:23:43 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on November 20, 2015, 08:54:02 PM

+1, refused to give up on it and stuck it out to the end.  :-\ :-[

Not many shows I have gave up on, or films but I did with Fortitude and actually also recently did the same with Gotham and Hannibal.  Probably the only three I have ever dropped even when I knew ones I were watching had been cancelled.  The tree of Life was one film I did give up on though, pure space cadet stuff.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Celt_Man

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 23, 2015, 12:51:23 PM
Anyone watch Justified on Sky Atlantic/Sky On Demand? A US Marshall working in Kentucky, dealing with all the various hillbilly criminals he comes across, including the Dixie mafia. Good watch.

Top top show!!! Raylan is some boyo!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010