TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 10, 2015, 01:11:41 PM
I think there will ultimately be a link between Brann and the dragon(s) and how the white walkers will eventually be defeated.  This season in general has not been as good as the rest though, but it can't be all fireworks every week.  I was hoping that this season would climax with Stannis defeating Bolton but I can't see it being squeezed into one episode.  Cercsei is bound to do her walk in the last episode, been waiting all season for it.

Its been bugging me the last few weeks who the big lad 'betrothed' to Daenerys' was in before and then it came to me last night, its the big bloke with the affro out of 'Plebs' FFS!!!

Tony Baloney

The missus is watching Wayward Pines at the minute. Looks like complete dirt but she says its good.

Syferus

Quote from: Bingo on June 10, 2015, 12:37:44 PM
On GoT, I don't expect a massive end of season show, as its still far too open ended on many of the stories for them to be closed off in one episode.

In previous seasons, episodes 8/9 have always been the clinkers and episode 10 ties those down.

To date, season 1,2,3 actually built up to Season 4 and all that happened there. A lot of the characters have moved on from their journeys in Seasons 1-4. I suspect that we will have another 2 or 3 seasons before the final season and that is when winter really does come and they all have to face it.

Been a slower season but I think they have been putting future plotlines down and this took time, a few great episodes recently.

I'd expect Bran to re-appear in future seasons as he will have a big say in the finale I reckon.

In fairness given how the king's blood stuff has played out previously we could see the decisive moment of the Stannis-Bolton stuff next week. Arya is being tested and it'll be interesting what she does.

Last two episodes finally picked up the pace a little. I dunno about season 4 being what it was all building towards either. If anything it was similarly slow until that climax, a climax which was in episode 10 no less.

BenDover

Who was the man that Arya took to following this week? Time for the other 2 dragons to be released and Tyrion to be a pilot :-)

johnneycool

Quote from: BenDover on June 11, 2015, 08:27:03 AM
Who was the man that Arya took to following this week? Time for the other 2 dragons to be released and Tyrion to be a pilot :-)

Joffroy's executioner, Ser Boros Blount, took the head off Eddard at Kings landing..

What nrico says..

nrico2006

I think it was Meryn Trant, one of the boys on her hitlist who killed the man who trained her to use the sword.  He also battered Sansa on Joffreys orders at one stage.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

charlieTully

Bloodline on Netflix well worth a watch.

Don Johnson

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 11, 2015, 08:39:18 AM

I think it was Meryn Trant, one of the boys on her hitlist who killed the man who trained her to use the sword.  He also battered Sansa on Joffreys orders at one stage.

Yes he killed Syrio, but we never seen him die on screen...

Don Johnson

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 11, 2015, 03:41:27 PM

Yes he killed Syrio, but we never seen him die on screen... 'Meryn f**king Trant' as the Hound called him.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 11, 2015, 03:41:27 PM

Yes he killed Syrio, but we never seen him die on screen...

indeed we did not...
Hasta la victoria siempre

Tony Baloney

Can youse set up a Game of Thrones spoilers thread elsewhere.  ;)

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 12, 2015, 01:32:33 PM
Nrico could fill a spoilers thread all on his own.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on June 12, 2015, 02:00:22 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 12, 2015, 01:32:33 PM
Nrico could fill a spoilers thread all on his own.
Good point. Maybe Denn should call that other thread Nrico's spoiler thread.

nrico2006

No spoilers here.  Anything talked about is old news.  Only a fool would be on posting here if they have just started watching season 1.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 15, 2015, 09:02:51 AM
No spoilers here.  Anything talked about is old news.  Only a fool would be on posting here if they have just started watching season 1.
And only a gullible fool  would want to get past season 1.
;D