TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Orior on June 01, 2015, 11:15:02 AM
I watched the first part of a 3-part story and Fred and Rose West last night. It started by analysing both their parents and then reviewing their early years. Quite fascinating.

Why can such gruesome stories be so appealing?

What channel was that on?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

theskull1

Watched TT3D: Closer to the Edge on late Sat night.

Really enjoyed it. Was up there with "Road"
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 01, 2015, 11:19:01 AM
Quote from: Orior on June 01, 2015, 11:15:02 AM
I watched the first part of a 3-part story and Fred and Rose West last night. It started by analysing both their parents and then reviewing their early years. Quite fascinating.

Why can such gruesome stories be so appealing?

What channel was that on?

Appropriate Adult??

Very good Dominic West is superb in it its probably a few years old at this stage.

Canalman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 28, 2015, 11:49:05 AM
Quote from: Canalman on May 28, 2015, 11:27:56 AM
Halfwayish through Gotham. Tempted to bluebutton it . Seems to be really going nowhere tbh and I see there is close on 20 episodes in it.

Might give Sons of Anarchy another go after the carcrash that was S4 set alot in "Ireland".

Its one of two shows I have ever binned (Fortitude being the other).  I usually stick with a show if I have watched a few, but deleted it after the 12th episode.

Binned it alright. Not a massively poor show but just couldn't see where it was going especially as it seemed to be moving towards 20 episodes. Sean Pertwee very good as Alfred. Always an excellent actor.

Started The Boss. Excellent so far. Can't believe I didn't come across it before.

cockahoop

Quote from: bennydorano on May 28, 2015, 01:16:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2015, 09:04:35 AM
Been watching The Affair on Sky.. seems decent enough so far, good plot (not just the obvious one) but I'm getting the odd glance/stare from the missus !!! not recommended if youve been a naughty boy
Fantastic show & I know what u mean with the other.

have been watching it myself....a slow burner but very good.

another show i was watching on netflix was prison break,first few series were very addictive but have binned it after 4th...started to drag out the same old story time and time again.

TopGael33

Homeland- arguably the best there is.

JimStynes

I gave up on homeland after about season 3 I think. Started getting shit but from the reports and reviews of people it seems to have picked up after that bad spell. The affair is a good show. Wouldn't watch it with the wife though haha

Watching entourage for the second time. Easy show to watch and ari gold is hilarious.

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

bennydorano

Game of Thrones is just superb, getting better with each episode  imo. Episode  8 is a clinker.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on June 01, 2015, 09:01:32 PM
Game of Thrones is just superb, getting better with each episode  imo. Episode  8 is a clinker.

I thought this season wasn't great but I got watching tonights episode earlier... f**king hell that was awesome!!!! Best episode yet by a complete mile!!

johnneycool

Quote from: screenexile on June 01, 2015, 09:26:32 PM

I thought this season wasn't great but I got watching tonights episode earlier... f**king hell that was awesome!!!! Best episode yet by a complete mile!!

No spoilers lads, behave yourselves.

BenDover

Quote from: johnneycool on June 02, 2015, 08:55:15 AM

Pace has def picked up and last nights episodes had me wishing for the next episode. How many episodes will be in this season 10 or 12?

screenexile

Quote from: BenDover on June 02, 2015, 09:26:07 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 02, 2015, 08:55:15 AM

Pace has def picked up and last nights episodes had me wishing for the next episode. How many episodes will be in this season 10 or 12?

10 I think.

LeoMc

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 27, 2015, 10:37:07 PM
Just finished the first two series of Modern Family, didn't think it was something I'd enjoy but have been pleasantly surprised!

Same here, have downloaded 4 & 5 to watch on holidays.