TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Canalman on April 15, 2015, 11:18:09 AM
Watched documentary last night about underground conversions in London. Very interesting. Truth be told the finished cellars didn't look too nice imo anyway.

The prices being quoted for some of the houses in Mayfair etc were absolutely gobsmacking.
I seen a bit of that myself.Crazy stuff.
The guy paid £1m for a flat that he then knocked down and build ahiuge basement undr and rebuilt the house above. was going for around £5m when finished
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: JimStynes on April 13, 2015, 08:01:35 AM
I must be the only one who thinks game of thrones is a pile of shite!

Never watched them till recently, currently catching up and finished Season 2 last night.

Fairly enjoyable so far, very cleverly done I think with such a range of characters in different locations with a main storyline that is linking them all.

I like that you are nearly drawn to the baddies as been more likeable characters than the ones who see themselves as been the goodies - the halfman and the kingslayer been two.

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on April 13, 2015, 10:28:18 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 13, 2015, 08:01:35 AM
I must be the only one who thinks game of thrones is a pile of shite!

Nope.
I thought it was okay until Sean Bean got bumped off, then I realised it was a pile of s....

nrico2006

Started GOT last year, first season was pretty good, but every one since has been even better again. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

I happened on an episode of Fawlty Towers last night on Gold, its still brilliant after all these years. Amazing to think only 12 episodes were ever made.

Bingo

Finished GOT season 3 last night....wow. Intention to watch 1 and ended up watching 3.

The Red Wedding.....didn't see that coming.

Canalman

Finished Banshee S2.Watchable. Not quiet as good as S1. Hard to see it going any further tbh........... plot way too far fetched.

Started Gotham there last night. Ok so far. Surprisingly violent scenes in it so far.

JoG2

Quote from: Canalman on April 17, 2015, 11:15:56 AM
Finished Banshee S2.Watchable. Not quiet as good as S1. Hard to see it going any further tbh........... plot way too far fetched.

Season 3 is the best imo. 2 episodes in particular were as good as I've ever seen on the box.   Far fetched? Its a TV show, go with it!

nrico2006

Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 11:02:09 AM
Finished GOT season 3 last night....wow. Intention to watch 1 and ended up watching 3.

I remember at the time of the wedding there was a whole hoo haa about the show and some massacre so when I did watch it I had sort of spoiled that bit for myself.  Season 4 is amazing too, straight from the first few episodes.

I had watched Gotham but stopped the past few weeks as can't see where it is going.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bingo

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 17, 2015, 11:54:31 AM

I remember at the time of the wedding there was a whole hoo haa about the show and some massacre so when I did watch it I had sort of spoiled that bit for myself.  Season 4 is amazing too, straight from the first few episodes.

I had watched Gotham but stopped the past few weeks as can't see where it is going.

I probably benefitted from only watching that now then, had no idea at all of what was coming.

I reckon I'll have season 4 done over the weekend! Late nights ahead or sneaking off during the day with the ipad to watch a bit.

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 12:19:32 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 17, 2015, 11:54:31 AM

I probably benefitted from only watching that now then, had no idea at all of what was coming.

I reckon I'll have season 4 done over the weekend! Late nights ahead or sneaking off during the day with the ipad to watch a bit.

Its hard to beat a good binge on a boxset

"Will I go to bed now or watch another quick episode" repeat this process hourly ;D

blewuporstuffed

What app do you use to watch the stuff on the ipad?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on April 17, 2015, 12:28:17 PM

"Will I go to bed now or watch another quick episode" repeat this process hourly ;D

I'm in the bad books though as we started watching it together but I'm a full season ahead now  :)

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 17, 2015, 12:28:30 PM

Sky Go app as I have they have the boxset on that.

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 12:57:52 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 17, 2015, 12:28:17 PM

I'm in the bad books though as we started watching it together but I'm a full season ahead now  :)

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 17, 2015, 12:28:30 PM

Sky Go app as I have they have the boxset on that.

Doesn't work in my house either, I refuse to watch something at the rate herself does. Women have no stamina :-)

Bingo

And men have no patience  :D