TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Have to say I really enjoyed Eastenders this week. To pull off all those live episodes with only a few hitches is pretty amazing. The central story was gripping too, with a good ending as well. People like to piss on the soaps when they do something stupid but never acknowledge a job well done.

bennydorano

Fortitude finally sparked into life in Episode 4.

gallsman

Verdict on the new House of Cards? Have seen first two episode and looks good.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2015, 11:33:20 PM
Verdict on the new House of Cards? Have seen first two episode and looks good.
Just finished episode 2 a few mins ago. Was looking like it was moving into straight West Wing territory but seems to be picking up now.

straightred

Quote from: JoG2 on February 17, 2015, 09:09:08 PM
Banshee is really rocking at the minute. Episode 5 of Season 3 last night. Brilliant stuff, got 9.4 on IMDb

Just watched Ep 8. Lots going on.Nearly quit during S2 but glad now I hung in there

muppet

Not watching it all in 2 days this year.

Just finished S3 E4 and it is moving along nicely.

The Russian State Visit was brilliant, if quite not your normal House of Cards stuff.
MWWSI 2017

nrico2006

Recently binned Fortitude.  Just finished Dexter at the weekend there, unbelievable show.  Never liked a character as much as Dexter.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Finished HOC. Overall a bit meh I felt after a promising start. Everything in the Underwood administration has already been done better by the Bartlett one!

Puckoon

Starting Series 2 of "The Fall" tonight. Good show so far, few spots are predictable, very weird to think of Serial Killing in Belfast for some reason.

You'd still take Gillian Anderson out for a drink, like.

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on March 04, 2015, 12:34:43 AM
Starting Series 2 of "The Fall" tonight. Good show so far, few spots are predictable, very weird to think of Serial Killing in Belfast for some reason.

watched a couple of episodes of season 2 and never got back to it - finishing up season 1 of homeland
keep u posted on how the fall finishes up
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

themac_23

Quote from: The Iceman on March 04, 2015, 12:56:47 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 04, 2015, 12:34:43 AM

watched a couple of episodes of season 2 and never got back to it - finishing up season 1 of homeland
keep u posted on how the fall finishes up

S01 of the fall was very good, watched 2 eps of s02 and thought it was so slow i genuinely couldnt watch anymore, i think people give it a bye ball because it is filmed and set in belfast.

Been watching Better call Saul, really enjoying it, building the characters up well and not just draining storylines off Breaking Bad which many thought would happen.

Canalman

Finished s2 of Hannibal last week. A bit underwhelming tbh.

Watched first few episodes of Penny Dreadful at the weekend and very watchable so far. By far and away (pun intended) has the worst "Irish" accent in it I have ever heard. Even worst than the Sons of Anarchy ones which is saying something.

cockahoop

Is it just me? but after all the Hype Fortitude got i have to say its the biggest pile of shite i ever watched!!

nrico2006

I have a bad habit of sticking with shows once starting them, but Fortitude was the first I have ever pulled the plug on, think it was after episode 4.  I heard that the last two have been better but still won't be going back to it.  On another note, Better Call Saul has been brilliant.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 09, 2015, 10:28:48 AM
I have a bad habit of sticking with shows once starting them, but Fortitude was the first I have ever pulled the plug on, think it was after episode 4.  I heard that the last two have been better but still won't be going back to it.  On another note, Better Call Saul has been brilliant.

Likewise. The only two series I can remember pulling the plug early on were Treme and Deadwood (people still rave about it but just couldn't get into it)

Will be finishing Penny Dreadful S1 tonight  and it has been excellent so far. Not one usually  to notice brilliant acting but with one or two exceptions the acting in it is very good. Very little mumbling bar the "Irish" character in it.