TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

The Loyalist fella with the abused wife is the worst actor I have seen, cringe sometimes when I see actors trying to really stress the NI accent on TV.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 12, 2014, 10:49:49 AM
The Loyalist fella with the abused wife is the worst actor I have seen, cringe sometimes when I see actors trying to really stress the NI accent on TV.

and the fact he looks like a big fenian doesnt help!

trileacman

Lads started breaking bad, up to start of series 3 now. f**k it's disappointing though, like it's just f**king really poor at times. I don't give a f**k about your whiny wife, her bitch sister or your man's relationship with his addict women expect when she's half naked. Just cook meth, talk to Saul and f**k up drug deals, that's all I want to see. Watching him install a new f**king boiler or strip wood worm, sure I could f**king do that myself. I'm fed up with it beyond belief, only the rave reviews have kept me going so far and even if these last few seasons blow it out of the water there's no way I could deny that these 2 seasons are distinctly below average. It's all been downhill since they melted yer man. Also the season 2 finale, what the f**king fcuk? After all that show-starting shite about the pink teddy and that's your explanation at the end of it? Joke.

Add in the fact that Whitman is a complete f**king bell-end and I watch the show praying that he dies in the following scene but dismayed by the knowledge that there's another 40 f**king episodes before that happens I just don't know what to do. I mean Lost was a hugely, hugely flawed and frustrating at times piece of TV at times but by f**k it was on average twice as enthralling as this.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

lenny

Quote from: trileacman on December 18, 2014, 01:30:13 AM
Lads started breaking bad, up to start of series 3 now. f**k it's disappointing though, like it's just f**king really poor at times. I don't give a f**k about your whiny wife, her bitch sister or your man's relationship with his addict women expect when she's half naked. Just cook meth, talk to Saul and f**k up drug deals, that's all I want to see. Watching him install a new f**king boiler or strip wood worm, sure I could f**king do that myself. I'm fed up with it beyond belief, only the rave reviews have kept me going so far and even if these last few seasons blow it out of the water there's no way I could deny that these 2 seasons are distinctly below average. It's all been downhill since they melted yer man. Also the season 2 finale, what the f**king fcuk? After all that show-starting shite about the pink teddy and that's your explanation at the end of it? Joke.

Add in the fact that Whitman is a complete f**king bell-end and I watch the show praying that he dies in the following scene but dismayed by the knowledge that there's another 40 f**king episodes before that happens I just don't know what to do. I mean Lost was a hugely, hugely flawed and frustrating at times piece of TV at times but by f**k it was on average twice as enthralling as this.

+1, that's where I'm at also. Just about to start season 4 which I've been assured is where it really starts to get good. I'm not convinced but I'll probably persist for a while longer.

nrico2006

Only finished Breaking Bad at the weekend and I suppose I had it set up to be something out of this world, maybe I had set my expectation level too high.  But I do think it was brilliant and season 2's ending was not how I thought it would be either, for some reason I had imagined an attack at WWs house and could never have predicted the plane crash.  Season 2 to 5 were very good but theere were times when I felt it was dragged out a bit.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

muppet

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 18, 2014, 08:55:55 AM
Only finished Breaking Bad at the weekend and I suppose I had it set up to be something out of this world, maybe I had set my expectation level too high.  But I do think it was brilliant and season 2's ending was not how I thought it would be either, for some reason I had imagined an attack at WWs house and could never have predicted the plane crash.  Season 2 to 5 were very good but theere were times when I felt it was dragged out a bit.

Most series can get bogged down for a while developing some of the other characters. Breaking Bad's fringe characters were sometimes on the annoying side. But the genre these days seems to be of the anti-hero. Not just flawed but often despicable, e.g. WW, Frank Underwood (House of Cards).

Still watching The Killing at the moment and even though we are really enjoying it, there have been entire episodes on fringe characters that just wasted time. Have to say I enjoy the character Holder.
MWWSI 2017

Canalman

Enjoyed BB although I don't think its ott praise was merited. Still very good though.

Female characters in it (bar one )very annoying but think that was done deliberately.

One minor gripe I have about it is that most of the really interesting characters were not around at the end. Think one or two villians killed off a little too early imo.

ballinaman

Turning into the TV whinge related thread...how about having a good chat with a family member, read a book or do a bit of exercise instead of having to sit through hours of 1st world torture...

muppet

Quote from: ballinaman on December 18, 2014, 09:25:00 AM
Turning into the TV whinge related thread...how about having a good chat with a family member, read a book or do a bit of exercise instead of having to sit through hours of 1st world torture...

We do 5-6 only hours a week of TV.

If I could get off the internet it would be far better!
MWWSI 2017

JoG2

you're 100% right there b-man. I'm in the middle a few shows and have spent way to long watching shows this year. Gonna really limit my viewing time from Jan onwards.

tyrone girl

Thought i was the only one didnt get breaking bad. Im deleting the rest of them of my planner to feck. Wasting space and i know i probably wont ever watch the rest.

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2014, 10:10:52 AM

You'd be a sub 20min 5k runner by now if it wasn't for Breaking Bad.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Canalman

Watched far too much telly growing up, still do and fully intend to do so in the future.

Orior

I watched a bit of the Keith Lemon film last night.

Nothing new, and peddling the same old joke. Why do people find this bollix funny?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2014, 11:48:05 AM
Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2014, 10:10:52 AM

You'd be a sub 20min 5k runner by now if it wasn't for Breaking Bad.

Yes, the bottle of red that went with every night watching it didn't help.
MWWSI 2017