TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Homeland on C4 last night. Superb Warner.

Megaman

Yep, finding Homelands great viewing at the minute.

JoG2

Have watched a couple of episodes of Stalker...pretty good.

nrico2006

Just after polishing off season 4 (minus final episode) of Breaking Bad at the weekend.  Looking forward to season 5 bitch.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: JoG2 on December 08, 2014, 02:22:18 PM
Have watched a couple of episodes of Stalker...pretty good.
yeah, have watched the 3 or 4 episodes so far. Not bad
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TabClear

Anyone watching Scorpion on itv2?

About a team of geniuses working for the CIA apparently inspired by the life of Walter O'Brien? Pretty far fetched but easy viewing. Fitch from the American Pie series is one of the main character.

muppet

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 08, 2014, 03:01:26 PM
Just after polishing off season 4 (minus final episode) of Breaking Bad at the weekend.  Looking forward to season 5 bitch.

I am jealous.

That final episode is class, as os most of season 5.
MWWSI 2017

nrico2006

Quote from: muppet on December 08, 2014, 04:06:10 PM

I am jealous.

I remember struggling for motivation through season 1, the whole NM setting didn't appeal to me either.  I just want to get through it as soon as I can as it takes up too much time, but now at this stage I wish I could be in that world forever and don't want it to end.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

CD

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 08, 2014, 04:15:38 PM

I am jealous.

I just watched the first two episodes a few weeks ago and found it hard enough going. The last episode there was an hour of two fellas ringing each other asking if they'd killed some Mexican fella. A bit boring to be honest. Is it worth going on with? Don't see the fuss so far.

I remember struggling for motivation through season 1, the whole NM setting didn't appeal to me either.  I just want to get through it as soon as I can as it takes up too much time, but now at this stage I wish I could be in that world forever and don't want it to end.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

muppet

Quote from: CD on December 08, 2014, 07:58:30 PM

I am jealous.

I just watched the first two episodes a few weeks ago and found it hard enough going. The last episode there was an hour of two fellas ringing each other asking if they'd killed some Mexican fella. A bit boring to be honest. Is it worth going on with? Don't see the fuss so far.

First two episodes of Season 1? Keep going, well worth it.

If you meant the first 2 episodes of Season 4, and you are not into it at this stage, probably not gonna happen for you.
MWWSI 2017

nrico2006

Quote from: muppet on December 08, 2014, 08:24:50 PM

I am jealous.

First two episodes of Season 1? Keep going, well worth it.

If you meant the first 2 episodes of Season 4, and you are not into it at this stage, probably not gonna happen for you.

I went into watching it knowing that season 1 was meant to be pretty poor and to be honest it was.  But I was placing faith on it simply being a foundation setter and in hindsight it was and season 2 on is amazing.

laoislad

I am jealous.

Its all crap don't bother with it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tyrone girl

I have given up round the start of season 3. Its ok but nothing to write home about in my opinion.
I think my expectations were too high with everyone telling me it was best show ever on tv.

Give me wentworth any day.

Also watching that one of James Nesbitts at the minute on BBC1 The Missing. Great show imo.

ballinaman

What I would recommend is telling people you think Breaking Bad is shite (even though you might not think that) to people you know love it.....sit back and enjoy the anger levels.

tyrone girl

Anyone i said it to looks at me like im crazy!!!!

Anyone else watching The Missing?? Whos your money on?