TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Your sound is your TV sound. All you are doing is streaming to your TV.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

thewobbler

Chromecast is genius.

Anyone who can find a downside to a plug and play digital streaming service that has a one off £30 cost, needs a boot in the hole and sent back to 4 channel TV land for a month.

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on June 15, 2014, 09:22:23 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 14, 2014, 01:25:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 13, 2014, 06:34:00 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on June 13, 2014, 06:18:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 13, 2014, 05:44:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 13, 2014, 05:06:44 PM
Loads of shows being suggested here, which is great.

Can anyone who is recommending a show mention whether or not it is on Netflix please. Sadly any of the ones I searched for don't seem to be there, or in the case of the excellent Homeland, only the early series are there.
Just go to pirate bay for feck sake.

Showbox is a great app if you have an android phone. Has every tv show and all movies the like of kickass etc have . A hdmi cable wings it onto the tv

PS. ..its not in the Google play store.  Search showbox.apk into Google and download the app directly to the phone
+1 great app. Been using it for about a year now.You can buy a dongle on ebay for about €20 that will stream the picture to your TV so you can basically use your phone as a remote control. Handy for lazy b**tards like Tony Baloney.
Mobdro is a good app for the sports.
Why have you never mentioned this app before?! Any of you purchased the Google Chromecast dongle? Reviews have been variable.

Tony

I bought the Chromecast dongle. I think it's great. We use to to cast netflix on to a telly upstairs. I hope to be able to use it cast streamed matches but I havent figured that part of it out.
You can get ones that aren't Chrome Cast but do the same thing but will also let you stream from Apple devices as well as Android,about €20 on eBay.
I also have an Android Tv dongle that turns your TV into a smart TV. Connects via hdmi and basically puts the Android OS on your TV ,Google play store and all.
I can stream HD quality sport on it,you just need to know what sites to go to  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on June 15, 2014, 10:13:43 AM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on June 15, 2014, 09:22:23 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 14, 2014, 01:25:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 13, 2014, 06:34:00 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on June 13, 2014, 06:18:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 13, 2014, 05:44:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 13, 2014, 05:06:44 PM
Loads of shows being suggested here, which is great.

Can anyone who is recommending a show mention whether or not it is on Netflix please. Sadly any of the ones I searched for don't seem to be there, or in the case of the excellent Homeland, only the early series are there.
Just go to pirate bay for feck sake.

Showbox is a great app if you have an android phone. Has every tv show and all movies the like of kickass etc have . A hdmi cable wings it onto the tv

PS. ..its not in the Google play store.  Search showbox.apk into Google and download the app directly to the phone
+1 great app. Been using it for about a year now.You can buy a dongle on ebay for about €20 that will stream the picture to your TV so you can basically use your phone as a remote control. Handy for lazy b**tards like Tony Baloney.
Mobdro is a good app for the sports.
Why have you never mentioned this app before?! Any of you purchased the Google Chromecast dongle? Reviews have been variable.

Tony

I bought the Chromecast dongle. I think it's great. We use to to cast netflix on to a telly upstairs. I hope to be able to use it cast streamed matches but I havent figured that part of it out.
You can get ones that aren't Chrome Cast but do the same thing but will also let you stream from Apple devices as well as Android,about €20 on eBay.
I also have an Android Tv dongle that turns your TV into a smart TV. Connects via hdmi and basically puts the Android OS on your TV ,Google play store and all.
I can stream HD quality sport on it,you just need to know what sites to go to  ;)
Cheers Lads. I have the Samsung adaptor for connecting phone to tv and wanted something more permanent. I think the Chromecast isnt great on the older BT home hubs so I will check these out.

heffo

I had Showbox working on a Kindle Fire HD and was casting it to a tv using Chromecast.

I ran some app upgrades now no app will cast to the Chromecast - anyone have any luck doing this?

Also, what HDMI cable are you using to connect to your tv? The HDMI I'm using for the Kindle Fire doesn't work - it's the 1st gen Kindle Fire from 2012..

nrico2006

Quote from: J OGorman on June 14, 2014, 12:59:07 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 11, 2014, 08:38:41 AM
Watched Episode 2 of The Blacklist last night. Though it was okay - was wondering if anyone can let me know if its worth staying with.

Seemed a bit cheaper made than a lot of the other American type series but I wouldn't hold that against it

I really enjoyed the blacklist.  Spader is great in it

The Blacklist is brilliant.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Don Johnson

Did someone on here put up a link for episodes of The Savage Eye?

gallsman

Agree on Show Box being fantastic for as long it lasts (surely it can't be long!). It and Localcast to Chromecast are perfect. Pretty good for movies too.

Syferus

Game of Thrones season finale - wow. Probably the most fast-paced episode in the history of the show. The whole power balance has completely and utterly shifted.

BenDover

Quote from: Syferus on June 16, 2014, 11:49:58 PM
Game of Thrones season finale - wow. Probably the most fast-paced episode in the history of the show. The whole power balance has completely and utterly shifted.
now the long wait until the next season begins ffs

Billys Boots

Quote from: BenDover on June 17, 2014, 08:02:26 AM

It was deadly, to coin a phrase.  :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 17, 2014, 08:44:13 AM

Was that a silver or an iron coin?
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 17, 2014, 10:20:14 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on June 17, 2014, 08:44:13 AM

Was that a silver or an iron coin?

Iron, apparently. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

johnneycool

f**k Lads no spoilers as I'm waiting for my source to come good today!!

whiskeysteve

Valar Morghulis!

GOT finale didn't disappoint at all... the right mix of major character developments and others getting killed off. As Syferus says the whole landscape is changing now.

Really don't have the time to horse through the books but with the year wait I don't think I can resist starting into them now... Haven't been on a reading oydessey since Stephen King's Dark Tower series - another epic that would be interesting to see developed on film/TV. Couldn't see it touching GOT though.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w