TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Chicago PD is very good.I'm flying through the episodes of season 1.
Turn is also very very good.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Started Broadchurch last night.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

WT4E

Watched Episode 2 of The Blacklist last night. Though it was okay - was wondering if anyone can let me know if its worth staying with.

Seemed a bit cheaper made than a lot of the other American type series but I wouldn't hold that against it

muppet

Loads of shows being suggested here, which is great.

Can anyone who is recommending a show mention whether or not it is on Netflix please. Sadly any of the ones I searched for don't seem to be there, or in the case of the excellent Homeland, only the early series are there.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on June 10, 2014, 01:21:58 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 10, 2014, 01:18:04 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 10, 2014, 11:33:18 AM
Quote from: WT4E on June 10, 2014, 10:20:32 AM
Quote from: God14 on June 10, 2014, 10:12:38 AM
Quote from: WT4E on June 10, 2014, 09:32:16 AM
Anyone see the Beckham Documentary last night.

Bit boring I thought what did anyone else think?

I seen it was trending on twitter so switched it on for half hour.
I wasted 30 mins watching a man devoid of any humour or character, undertake a completely pointless journey.
Boring is putting it mildly WT4E

Yeah your right.

I was wondering if it was all an act throughout or is that the way he really is off camera? - Very wooden - trying to remain looking cool at all times at the expense of having a bit of character!

And the group of "friends" seemed like they were hired.

On the other hand I thought the Ryan Giggs documentary was good (and I'm not a man u fan!)

I thought the Ryan Giggs documentary was the biggest amount of dross that was ever put on TV... it was horrible!
I watched some of the Beckham documentary last night and on paper it looked like an ad for Brand Beckham (at license-fee payers expense - people of S. Armagh can relax!) but it was just a bit dull.

The Giggs one was okay I thought just for the snippets behind the scenes over a short period of time when he was "the gaffer".

Anything about Super Injunctions,Imogen Thomas or riding his brothers wife in it?

Are they the same super injunctions a certain Liverpool manager had/has out? some craic that when ya think about it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on June 13, 2014, 05:06:44 PM

Can anyone who is recommending a show mention whether or not it is on Netflix please. Sadly any of the ones I searched for don't seem to be there, or in the case of the excellent Homeland, only the early series are there.
Just go to pirate bay for feck sake.

J OGorman

Quote from: laoislad on June 13, 2014, 05:44:50 PM

Showbox is a great app if you have an android phone. Has every tv show and all movies the like of kickass etc have . A hdmi cable wings it onto the tv

PS. ..its not in the Google play store.  Search showbox.apk into Google and download the app directly to the phone

laoislad

Quote from: J OGorman on June 13, 2014, 06:18:25 PM

Showbox is a great app if you have an android phone. Has every tv show and all movies the like of kickass etc have . A hdmi cable wings it onto the tv

PS. ..its not in the Google play store.  Search showbox.apk into Google and download the app directly to the phone
+1 great app. Been using it for about a year now.You can buy a dongle on ebay for about €20 that will stream the picture to your TV so you can basically use your phone as a remote control. Handy for lazy bastards like Tony Baloney.
Mobdro is a good app for the sports.

Denn Forever

For Petrol heads, Fast & Loud on Discovery is good. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 14, 2014, 10:35:15 AM
For Petrol heads, Fast & Loud on Discovery is good.

Yea Denn really enjoy the show.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

muppet

Nice one, cheers.
MWWSI 2017

J OGorman

Quote from: WT4E on June 11, 2014, 08:38:41 AM
Watched Episode 2 of The Blacklist last night. Though it was okay - was wondering if anyone can let me know if its worth staying with.

Seemed a bit cheaper made than a lot of the other American type series but I wouldn't hold that against it

I really enjoyed the blacklist.  Spader is great in it

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on June 13, 2014, 06:34:00 PM

+1 great app. Been using it for about a year now.You can buy a dongle on ebay for about €20 that will stream the picture to your TV so you can basically use your phone as a remote control. Handy for lazy b**tards like Tony Baloney.
Why have you never mentioned this app before?! Any of you purchased the Google Chromecast dongle? Reviews have been variable.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 14, 2014, 01:25:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 13, 2014, 06:34:00 PM

+1 great app. Been using it for about a year now.You can buy a dongle on ebay for about €20 that will stream the picture to your TV so you can basically use your phone as a remote control. Handy for lazy b**tards like Tony Baloney.
Why have you never mentioned this app before?! Any of you purchased the Google Chromecast dongle? Reviews have been variable.

Tony

I bought the Chromecast dongle. I think it's great. We use to to cast netflix on to a telly upstairs. I hope to be able to use it cast streamed matches but I havent figured that part of it out.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

tyroneboi

How dies the sound work on the dongle? Does it go through the tv? Downloaded the app yesterday and it looks great!