TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Finished S1 of Banshee. Really enjoyed it .

Kimbap

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 21, 2014, 03:04:46 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 18, 2014, 04:03:12 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 18, 2014, 03:44:25 PM
Bit of a change in True Detective over last couple of episodes as the pace begins to pick up. Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Just watched Ep5 last night and it really is starting to gather pace, saying that i liked the first few episodes that were a lot slower and character based as well.
Only 3 episodes left now

Where are ye watching it lads? Netflix? Starts on SKY Atlantic this weekend. Really looking forward to it.

Torrents available a few hours after it airs in the States.Ive been watching it from the start last month.Once it starts on Sky Atlantic its all people will be talking about in terms of TV shows.Its the best opening season of any show ive seen.I'll throw up a link for download if its allowed on this site,some sites are funny about that.

JimStynes

Just search 'true detective online steam' and it will show up.

laoislad

New series of Heroes being made to be aired in 2015.
I loved it first time it was on.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

Is anyone well on in House of Cards - third episode from end - WTF like.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on February 23, 2014, 05:24:12 PM
Watching the last 2 tonight. WTF indeed  :o

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 23, 2014, 05:36:58 PM
Is the 2nd series worth watching for that WTF moment or is it a  despairing WTF?

Newbridge Exile

Line of duty on BBC 2 is well worth getting into,  the first series with Lennie James was fantastic but this one so far has at least equalled if not surpassed it

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on February 23, 2014, 06:04:18 PM
Is the 2nd series worth watching for that WTF moment or is it a  despairing WTF?
Second series good but I think it falls a bit short of the first.

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on February 23, 2014, 11:53:20 PM
Line of duty on BBC 2 is well worth getting into,  the first series with Lennie James was fantastic but this one so far has at least equalled if not surpassed it
It is very good. Keeley Hawes is a brilliant bitch!

ONeill

Not worth it for that alone. Finished it tonight and...well...a bit predictable but still very watchable for Spacey's performance and the very attractive wife.

There'll be a third series but you could nearly write it yerself.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

blewuporstuffed

its filmed in belfast as well for anyone that wants to keep a lookout for places they recognise
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 24, 2014, 09:27:04 AM
its filmed in belfast as well for anyone that wants to keep a lookout for places they recognise

Aye full school boy error, in a couple of the outside scenes flegs were clearly visable!!! Tut tut
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on February 24, 2014, 12:04:13 AM

Not worth it for that alone. Finished it tonight and...well...a bit predictable but still very watchable for Spacey's performance and the very attractive wife.

There'll be a third series but you could nearly write it yerself.
Thon's a doll you wouldn't mess about with. If she says you need to be back from the pub at 11 o'clock, you'd be back at 10:30.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on February 12, 2014, 04:07:14 PM
Brave call after four episodes but I think True Detective might finally replace the giant Wire shaped hole in my life after five years. HBO are the masters.

Given structure of the show, difficult to see how they can get more than one or two seasons out of it though.

Episode 6 has confirmed this. TD is up there with the other HBO masterpieces of the Wire, Sopranos and Deadwood.