Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

Spoiler  ::)

Final Episode loose ends

The Ricin
Machine Guns
Is Saul gone ?
Gray Matter

Probably too obvious to end with Jessie triggering a meth lab explosion taking out Todd/the Nazis ?????

a bit here http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/breaking-bad-granite-state-writer/

screenexile

Anybody watch "London Irish" on C4? What a complete ball of total steaming dung!!!

Probably hugely offensive to the Irish diaspora in London Town as well!

reddgnhand

Quote from: screenexile on September 24, 2013, 11:26:06 PM
Anybody watch "London Irish" on C4? What a complete ball of total steaming dung!!!

Watched a bit of it tonight and couldn't agree more.

Syferus

Oh man. This is very literally the best final season I have ever seen. The cinematography and scoring is absolutely stunning. So many moments in Granite State alone. The bar scene with Elliott and Gretchen on the screen, it just drew you right back into Walt's world. Time for the swansong.

Maybe Walt just has the ricin as a fail-safe in case he's captured? It would almost be fitting that it's what kills him after bringing this world down on top of himself and his family. Walt can probably work out the Nazis are holding Jesse now that he knows the blue is back at such a high purity after all the trouble they were having raising it only a few months ago.

johnneycool

Quote from: reddgnhand on September 25, 2013, 12:35:34 AM

It seemed to be a competition as to who could put out the most vulgar, offensive statement, very little comedy in it, over acting was awful.

nrico2006

Ray Donovan is nearing the end of season 1, very good show so far.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

OakleafCounty

Quote from: johnneycool on September 25, 2013, 08:53:47 AM

I liked it. Not great but it got funnier as it went on. I'll be watching it again and I really don't see why it would offend.
It seemed to be a competition as to who could put out the most vulgar, offensive statement, very little comedy in it, over acting was awful.

screenexile

Quote from: OakleafCounty on September 25, 2013, 10:31:27 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 25, 2013, 08:53:47 AM

I liked it. Not great but it got funnier as it went on. I'll be watching it again and I really don't see why it would offend.

It makes out Irish women as having a ridiculous level of swearing (unless the women in the show are Tyrone women in which case it's accurate) and makes them out to be complete slags. The lads are made out to be completely stupid drunks who are easily impressionable it's just lazy and I don't really understand how you pitch that to a group of people and it comes across as a valid TV show. The Hardy Bucks is actually much funnier than London Irish!

Having said that the E4 Sitcom "Phone Shop" is also dross and has managed to get a second series... I guess it's supposed to be new edgy comedy but if falls way short of that from what I can see.

The Thick of It should be the benchmark by which UK Comedy is judged and the current crop is nowhere near!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 25, 2013, 10:25:37 AM
Thankfully left it on series link and have been watching it steadily over the past week or so. Have to say I really like it, no fireworks but good characters. Is there a second series coming?

JimStynes

Quote from: Syferus on September 25, 2013, 01:12:09 AM
Oh man. This is very literally the best final season I have ever seen. The cinematography and scoring is absolutely stunning. So many moments in Granite State alone. The bar scene with Elliott and Gretchen on the screen, it just drew you right back into Walt's world. Time for the swansong.

Maybe Walt just has the ricin as a fail-safe in case he's captured? It would almost be fitting that it's what kills him after bringing this world down on top of himself and his family. Walt can probably work out the Nazis are holding Jesse now that he knows the blue is back at such a high purity after all the trouble they were having raising it only a few months ago.

What does this mean?  ::)

Think I may put Breaking Bad above The Wire now.

Syferus

Quote from: JimStynes on September 25, 2013, 09:26:58 PM

You're rolling your eyes at you own ignorance, I assume. Very common film terms. Google is your friend.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on September 25, 2013, 10:08:50 PM

You're rolling your eyes at you own ignorance, I assume. Very common film terms. Google is your friend.

I think Gargle is your friend.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

It means it looks good and sounds good ... Feckin posh Rossies what have they got to be posh about?

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 25, 2013, 06:55:28 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 25, 2013, 10:25:37 AM
Thankfully left it on series link and have been watching it steadily over the past week or so. Have to say I really like it, no fireworks but good characters. Is there a second series coming?

Think there is a second season coming.  Been a slow enough season with no major fireworks and a lot of character building which would lend it to progressing to more major story lines in future seasons.  Boardwalk Empire was pretty similar in season 1, it was all about establishing the characters and their relationships. 

As for the Irish show on Channel 4, what is unrealistic about Irish women swearing a lot and being slags?  You must live in a different Ireland than me. 

Jim - you mustn't have watched 24 before, still numero uno.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

absolutely brilliant summary Of Breaking Bad for anyone who has watched up to the 5th series or for anyone who thinks they wont watch it, but wants to know what all the fuss is about.
incredible series when you see it all summarised like this

the evolution of walter white:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_gEa14Otk

*******warning-contains spoilers up to start of series 5**********
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either