"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

muppet

Quote from: Tubberman on September 10, 2013, 11:24:33 PM
Oh ffs it's cake, I hope syferus has the tissues handy

Heisenburg is Cake?

That explains a lot.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Great episode of Breaking Bad this week. The die was cast for HS when he thought he had finally won. Only one end for him now.

Absolutely nerve-jangling envitability to the last act. And all where Walter and Jesse had their first cook. Beauty.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Canalman on September 10, 2013, 10:09:40 AM
2 episodes into Top of the Lake. Can't for the life of me see what the broohahah was all about. Finger was poised over the delete button on the remote control last night. Worth continuing???

Watched it all - it's ok, nothing special, mildly diverting. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tony Baloney

Hardy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 12, 2013, 01:17:20 PM
Breaking Bad spin-off "Better Call Saul" announced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24060923

That has the potential to be hilarious. Yer man plays him brilliantly - every little look and mannerism is perfect.

Syferus

Quote from: Hardy on September 12, 2013, 03:27:26 PM

That has the potential to be hilarious. Yer man plays him brilliantly - every little look and mannerism is perfect.

Bob Odenkirk is a comedian so I have to imagine a Saul-centric show will be much more comedy focused. Huell is also a comedian as is Kubie's actor so those two seem sure to appear in the spin-off.

Canalman

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 12, 2013, 09:19:43 AM
Quote from: Canalman on September 10, 2013, 10:09:40 AM
2 episodes into Top of the Lake. Can't for the life of me see what the broohahah was all about. Finger was poised over the delete button on the remote control last night. Worth continuing???

Watched it all - it's ok, nothing special, mildly diverting.

Thanks BB and No Soloing.
Watched 20 mins of E3 and gave up and deleted the whole series. Couldn't  really care less as to what would happen.

Also for those that are interested Breaking Bad S5 available to borrow from public libraries here south of the Rio Grande.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on September 12, 2013, 03:27:26 PM

I really liked the character when he first appeared. Things have gotten a bit serious for him lately so the comedy has gone out of it, but I agree it has potential.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Peaky Blinders looks decent after first 15 mins.

ziggy90

Not too bad alright, Murphy's brummie accent isn't the worse I've heard but far from perfect, Helen McCrory seems to have got it dead on. Promising start. Good soundtrack too.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

charlieTully

Quote from: ziggy90 on September 12, 2013, 09:59:18 PM
Not too bad alright, Murphy's brummie accent isn't the worse I've heard but far from perfect, Helen McCrory seems to have got it dead on. Promising start. Good soundtrack too.

Nick cave song to start certainly grabs the attention, good first episode. Sam Neil's accent was a bit dodgy too.

ONeill

That most recent episode of Breaking Bad flew by. Powerful stuff.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ballinaman

Quote from: ONeill on September 16, 2013, 11:14:48 PM
Major nose dive into darkness.unreal stuff

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on September 16, 2013, 11:14:48 PM

Fantastic episode, as usual.

Think where it started and where it ended. HTF did we get from the former to the latter?  And it still dramatically changed course right at the end. But naturally we have no idea what the new f*king course will be.

Only two episodes left. The misses is so traumatised she wants to stop watching and pretend it ended after season 4.
MWWSI 2017