TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Great episode. Up there with the very best the show has ever produced. The bar is set very high for the run-in now.

screenexile

Just a superb ending to that episode. Poised for greatness if they keep it up for the rest of the episodes.

nrico2006

Just watched the end of season 1 of Love/Hate, was expecting Channel 5 to keep going with season two next week but it wont be on until next year.  How stupid is that, the show is already 3 years old and its not like there is a million episodes to catch up on.  Probably buy the box set now just.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 15, 2013, 08:45:03 AM
Just watched the end of season 1 of Love/Hate, was expecting Channel 5 to keep going with season two next week but it wont be on until next year.  How stupid is that, the show is already 3 years old and its not like there is a million episodes to catch up on.  Probably buy the box set now just.

They've been broadcasting double episodes on RTE the last few weeks although I think they're starting season 3 tomorrow night.

I'm pretty sure that all of season 2 is on the RTE player though.

ballinaman

Quote from: screenexile on August 15, 2013, 11:06:02 AM

They've been broadcasting double episodes on RTE the last few weeks although I think they're starting season 3 tomorrow night.

Episodes 3 & 4 of Season 3 on tomorrow night.

nrico2006

Quote from: ballinaman on August 15, 2013, 11:42:46 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 15, 2013, 11:06:02 AM

Episodes 3 & 4 of Season 3 on tomorrow night.

Thanks, will take a look at RTE player then.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

All of a Sludden

I've watched the reruns on RTE, looking back season 1 was quite wooden, season 2 was much better and you can see that they put a lot more money into the third season, though they couldn't afford a different hoodie for Darren throughout the entire series.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Syferus

Quote from: bcarrier on August 15, 2013, 04:39:47 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 12, 2013, 02:59:56 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2013, 02:56:15 PM
No need for the aliens though.

Aliens? I thought they were meant to be the Riverdance crowd.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/08/12/breaking-bad-star-trek/

Thought that scene with Badger and Skinny Pete was absolutely hilarious. Totally on board.

Loads of theories about Chekov, Spock and Kirk in the story representing some of the main characters in the show floating about too.

tyssam5

Quote from: Syferus on August 15, 2013, 05:37:24 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on August 15, 2013, 04:39:47 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 12, 2013, 02:59:56 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2013, 02:56:15 PM
No need for the aliens though.

Aliens? I thought they were meant to be the Riverdance crowd.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/08/12/breaking-bad-star-trek/

Thought that scene with Badger and Skinny Pete was absolutely hilarious. Totally on board.

Loads of theories about Chekov, Spock and Kirk in the story representing some of the main characters in the show floating about too.

Was glad to see Skinny Pete again, he's excellent! Pizza delivery a few years ago!

screenexile

Started Ray Donovan yesterday . . . it has potential to be a clinker of a show!

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on August 22, 2013, 09:54:54 AM
Started Ray Donovan yesterday . . . it has potential to be a clinker of a show!

Just watched episode 6, been moving along slowly enough so far but has been very enjoyable. 

Canalman

Only 2 more episodes of The Returned to watch. Very good show. Really haven't a clue what is going to happen at the end. Very unsettling at times.