Leinster Club Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, August 19, 2018, 03:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: From the Terrace on November 12, 2018, 06:40:33 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 12, 2018, 11:53:20 AM
Quote from: From the Terrace on November 12, 2018, 11:43:04 AM
I know portlaoise beat kilmacud 14-8 in 2004. Not sure if was the last time, hopefully that's a good omen anyway.
Portlaoise roared into a 7 point lead in 2010 and solidly fucked it away, losing 2-4 to 2-7.

Granted there was other matters at play in 2010.
Portlaoise really should have at least one if not two more leinster titles if your going to be critical. The quality of players are there last year another prime example.
You'd give them a pass in 2010, but Boden and last year were ones that will stick in their throats.

portlaoisekid

Ballyboden was a total sickener but last year not so much, I don't think Portlaoise were as good last year as they are now.

Don Draper

Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 13, 2018, 09:27:10 AM
Ballyboden was a total sickener but last year not so much, I don't think Portlaoise were as good last year as they are now.
It was still left behind them. It was a tap in.

Jaysus when I think back on Boden, I nearly get sick meself. Michael Darragh f**king MacAuley scoring a goal, where would you see the life of it and he not fit to even solo a football.

From the Terrace

Agreed with all that. You'd forget about the Vincents one in 13 some f**king game.. I suppose you couldn't say it was a sickner cause vins were good that day but portlaoise were on it too!!

BallyroanAbbey

Quote from: Don Draper on November 13, 2018, 09:41:06 AM

Jaysus when I think back on Boden, I nearly get sick meself. Michael Darragh f**king MacAuley scoring a goal, where would you see the life of it and he not fit to even solo a football.

Yes the man that has won 6 all irelands and a former player of the year managed to score a goal, shock horror.

Going back to Sunday while Portlaoise were deserving of their victory looking at the negatives they did get 1-1 in the first half directly off goalkeepers mistakes whos replacement was a big improvement in the second half, Moorefield also got in for 2 good goal chances in the first half, also Moorefield pressed up in the second half on the Portlaoise backs which you would imagine Kilmacud will do for the duration of the game in Parnell Park, and Brody for as good as he is still has a major flaw under high balls. Maher was lucky to stay on too.

As for positives Ciaran McEvoy had as good a game as ive seen him play, the back were excellent bar Healy who struggled with O'Connor, Bruno won nearly everythjng that went to him, Rodgers got 1-2 for himself and felt it was harsh on him being taken off first, Glynn off the bench made a big impact too.

For the Kilmacud match id wonder will they consider putting Dillon back on Mannion considering how well he did on him in the Leinster final. I feel that Portlaoise will eventually have to beat a Dublin team, they are probably playing better now than they have for 5-6 years, and Crokes arent as strong as past teams from Dublin, especially Vincents. You would be hopeful that Glynn will be fit enough to go from the start the next day

BallyroanAbu

Vincent's was the worst, if they had an ounce of cynicism they would have won that.  There is a softness to Portlaoise in tight games, this maybe my perception.  But you have Brigid's Leinster Final, Vincent's Leinster Final, Moorefield, Ballyboden and Kilmacud all games Portlaoise should have won.  I don't think Portlaoise's talent is in question but there is the aura of flat track bully's.  They will have to shed this to kick on to the next level.  This could possibly be coming from the way they go through our championship the lack of tight games.  It was nice to see them on Sunday overcoming that in a small way.

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on November 13, 2018, 11:21:08 AM

Yes the man that has won 6 all irelands and a former player of the year managed to score a goal, shock horror.

If you believe MDMA was a worthy winner of FOTY then I just don't even want to know you anymore.

Darren Daly has 6 All Irelands by the way. Just saying.

Laoiseabu

I'd actually agree with u Don . Michael Darragh dosent fill u with cofindence when he solos a ball .

redsetanta

He's an athletic basketballer who plays a bit of football
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Giovanni

Reading article on Hoganstand there seems to be a bit of an issue about the fact that Kilmacud have home advantage. Does anyone know how the venue is selected?

Don Draper

Quote from: Giovanni on November 13, 2018, 03:48:23 PM
Reading article on Hoganstand there seems to be a bit of an issue about the fact that Kilmacud have home advantage. Does anyone know how the venue is selected?
Dublin teams get home advantage. Always. Always, always and always.

portlaoisekid

No issue with venue, it was determined before a ball was kicked.

BallyroanAbbey

Quote from: Don Draper on November 13, 2018, 11:25:54 AM
Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on November 13, 2018, 11:21:08 AM

If you believe MDMA was a worthy winner of FOTY then I just don't even want to know you anymore.

Darren Daly has 6 All Irelands by the way. Just saying.

Never said that but the reality is his main attribute was driving runs down the middle of defences, which would require the odd solo, you wouldnt say no to him for laois would you? Anyway i dont want to be arguing the pros and cons of Michael Dara McAuley to be honest, and i dont care if you want to know me i dont want to know you, thus why its an anonymos fourm

on the hop

that Moorefield fella on the Kildare forum is some man to keep an argument going. :)

BallyroanAbu

Why no love for MDMA caused some havoc when he came on in this years All Ireland.  I like him personally breaks up play, drags defenders good positional sense.  He offers something different,  you don't win 5 All Ireland's being a mug.