Laochra Gael TG4 (New Series)

Started by an púca, April 14, 2010, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 07, 2013, 08:25:19 PM
watching Seamus Moynihan there, best defender i seen in my time edging out Tomas O`Se, Stephen O`Brien and Paul Curran. Probably should have won more in all honestly. kerry in the 2 O`Se and Moynihan have probably produced 3 players who be on the best team of the past 30yrs.

Moynihan and T. O Sé among the best ever I saw. Which other O Sé are you including there? Marc or Dara?

Good players that they were, including likes of Curran and O Brien in that company is not ...........

Wildweasel74

Mark, i was only looking at the back 6 of the past 30yrs, throw in Darren Fay at fullback and Martin O`Connell at 7 and my defence is coming along nicely lol

Wildweasel74

I rate O`Brien and Curran highly, Curran was the best no.5 to Tomas O`Se came along and is the best player dublin had in the past 20yrs, O`Brien at the end was a pale shadow but he played in 4 all Ireland (possible 5 not sure if he was 18 in the 87 or 88) and in the early days was one of the best

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Is it just me that things the production standards in the latest series are a way down from other series?  A lot of poor editing and mistakes in the shows I've seen so far. Being picky, and it is TG4 I guess.

The Pony and Tohill are 2 of my all time favourites anyway, fantastic players the both of them. I think Moynihan winning an allstar and POTY (and lifting Sam!)at fullback in 2000 was a remarkable achievement considering he had nevr played there before...of course ultimately PO left him there too long and he was exposed by better full forwards, but at least he bowed out on a high. Was still dominating club games down here up to last year from midfield.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

johnpower

Quote from: rrhf on March 08, 2013, 12:11:49 AM
The pony was a strong one alright. i loved his ability to read the play like say gavin dvlin. in 200 he gave Pauric Joyce some trimming.  I went from outright admiration to almost feeling sorry for him when he wasn't fine.  He really got some fierce roastings in his later years. It was cruelty. One of my favourites.

No need to feel sorry for him he was/is one of the greatest.

Minder

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on March 08, 2013, 08:57:51 PM
Is it just me that things the production standards in the latest series are a way down from other series?  A lot of poor editing and mistakes in the shows I've seen so far. Being picky, and it is TG4 I guess.

The Pony and Tohill are 2 of my all time favourites anyway, fantastic players the both of them. I think Moynihan winning an allstar and POTY (and lifting Sam!)at fullback in 2000 was a remarkable achievement considering he had nevr played there before...of course ultimately PO left him there too long and he was exposed by better full forwards, but at least he bowed out on a high. Was still dominating club games down here up to last year from midfield.

It is far too rushed, always has been, trying to fit a players career highlights into the guts of twenty minutes. A bit less of the same talking heads would help too, always saying the same oul crap, "he was a great player".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggy90

Seamus Moynihan would be a particular favourite of mine. ::)
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Denn Forever

Ja Fallon next.  I wonder would his "jink" work on defenses today?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

GalwayBayBoy

Wildweasel74

Always liked Ja Fallon, had a great leap from a standing position, plus a jinky side step too.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Wildweasel74

taped it but yet to seen it. Was lucky enough to see Ryan playing back when Kildare were starting to take off back in 92-93 against Dublin. Great talent,  Kildare missed the boat in 98 which i was at too, with a good team but took Galway for granted. I think very few papers favored galway on the day. Probably go down as another great player never to win an all-Ireland. I would say Davy Dalton was a better defender though, and Niall Buckley and lynch were 2 other very good players who didn't for fill the talent they had.

Syferus

Cora on now. She may be a Rhu but it's hard not to like her.