Retirements

Started by Maroon Manc, July 09, 2018, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: joemamas on October 24, 2019, 01:31:11 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on October 24, 2019, 01:08:47 PM
Bernard Brogan has called it a day with Dublin

A very good player, wish him well.

Btw will avoid all irish media for the next few days due to the impending OTT lovefest .

Would it be fair to say that a lot of these Dublin/former Dublin players have P.R managers in order to stay relevant even after they retire.

He has made a lovely tribute video for himself with Lowry, O'Driscoll wishing him well. Or sorry his staff have done it without his knowledge I'm sure.

An excellent player none the less. Always enjoyed watching him play in his peak years.

macdanger2

Have to say I thought he was class, always seemed like a decent enough fella too

Best of luck in retirement

imtommygunn

Cracking player. Unmarkable on his day which he had quite a few of for a good few years even when Dublin were a good bit weaker than they are now.

omaghjoe

Great footballer, thought it was him more than any other single player that brought Dublin into their hyper successful era

Rossfan

Best of luck to him on his retirement.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Happy retirement Bernard, at his peak he was as good as any forward I seen in my lifetime.

Rossfan

He's in the Late Late tomorrow night ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 24, 2019, 04:42:45 PM
Happy retirement Bernard, at his peak he was as good as any forward I seen in my lifetime.
I'd agree with that. In his prime he was a class act and seems to be a helluva nice, unassuming individual. I wish him well in his retirement.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Baile Brigín 2

Great player, great guy, first to really monetise it.

From the Bunker

13 Leinster titles, 7 Al Titles! Some medal haul! A fine player well rewarded for his football skills!

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 24, 2019, 01:58:14 PM
A very good player but not a great player.

They set very high standards for greatness in Kildare.

You must have missed his big game record.

Top class forward

thejuice

Last of the startled earwigs??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

TabClear

One of the best of the last 15 years. In his prime he was unmarkable

Blowitupref

Quote from: thejuice on October 25, 2019, 06:13:18 PM
Last of the startled earwigs??

A great term for getting hammered. Andrews,O'Sullivan,Cluxton,Connolly played in that game also.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

highorlow

Ryan Tub asked the King if the Hill tonight where he would be watching the All Ireland next year.

Beyond hope for the rest of us at this stage.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go