James Brokenshire - Snubs Amhrán na bhFiann

Started by Seany, January 30, 2017, 10:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

Just wondering what your thoughts are here.  GB Secretary of State should be neutral on the national question.  I'm sure they stand for other national anthems in what they consider their own territory, so why not ours?
This was at the McKenna Cup Final Saturday night which he attended.  The first ever SoS to attend a GAA match...

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Seany on January 30, 2017, 10:21:26 AM
Just wondering what your thoughts are here.  GB Secretary of State should be neutral on the national question.  I'm sure they stand for other national anthems in what they consider their own territory, so why not ours?
This was at the McKenna Cup Final Saturday night which he attended.  The first ever SoS to attend a GAA match...

tr**p! Should have been there for the anthem!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

armaghniac

Quote from: Minder on January 30, 2017, 10:26:55 AM
Who gives a fck, seriously.

This carryon was associated with the DUP. If he is associating himself with the DUP what was the point in him going, it hardly created any goodwill.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnneycool

Quote from: armaghniac on January 30, 2017, 10:35:23 AM

This carryon was associated with the DUP. If he is associating himself with the DUP what was the point in him going, it hardly created any goodwill.

I'd be more concerned about his comments wrt the Historical enquiries and the "going after" ex army and police in a particular biased approach.
To me that's dangerous for those involved in these enquiries and the DPP Barra McGrory who the DUP are already gunning for.

seafoid

Quote from: Seany on January 30, 2017, 10:21:26 AM
He is a Tory.
Corbyn , leader of the UK opposition, on the other hand, supports a united Ireland
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

haranguerer

That is ludicrous! The british representative in NI acting like hes in the DUP.

His piece in the paper the next day was more from their hymn sheet - as an attempt to soften that blow its poorly disguised.

laoislad

Did McGuinness not do the same at a N. Ireland match at the Euros?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Seany

But McGuinness is a republican and not neutral.  In any case, McGuinness had asked Arlene to attend a RoI match with him if he went to a NI match with her, but she refused, so McG went to the Ni match anyway.  Another example of the DUP arrogance.
British Govt. is supposed to be neutral and per the Good Friday Agreement,.  They and the Irish Govt as co-guarantors of GFA are supposed to be there to represent both communities.  Imagine Enda at a match in Wembley and refusing to come out for GSTQ.  Also, GAA opened Croker to other sports and allowed England to play there, GSTQ and all and the queen herself visited CP. 
It all just sickens you.,  The lack of respect and the attitude of Tory?DUP to us.

Denn Forever

Would you stand for God save the Queen if you could avoid it? 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Orior

I do. I seriously do.

The british treat us as second class citizens and show no respect for our language or culture. Yet they are quick enough to take tax from me. Cnuts.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

winghalfun

Could he not just have been shown straight to his seat and feck the one would have known when the anthem was to played?

armaghniac

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 30, 2017, 11:37:34 AM
Would you stand for God save the Queen if you could avoid it?

If I were in Britain then I would stand, no problem. When in Rome and all that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

As I said on the McKenna cup thread, he didn't even show the fans the courtesy of wearing his ceremonial hat for this overseas british colony.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians