Watching out of Juristiction

Started by Denn Forever, May 26, 2011, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

This may be lost inside a thread so I'll highlight it. 

How do you watch RTE products on line if you are out of Jurisdiction (but not really as you are on the Island) or if you are on holiday abroad?

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on May 26, 2011, 06:00:28 PM
This might be a wee bit off topic but Im unable to access the Committee Room from the link provided above. I get the message displayed on screen stating that Im not in the proper territory to view the content. I know this has been queried before and there are ways around it. Contacted the service provider but I may as well have been talking to a brick for all the use they were. Any help would be appreciated especially as there may be a few games streamed on the RTE website later in the summer.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

armaghniac

The service provider has to indicate that you are in NI. RTE doesn't have the rights outside Ireland so cannot allow people there watch the coverage. It would be helpful if people would indicate ISPs that do the needful on this point, as people can then change to these if need be.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ExiledGael

Well BT for one are stone useless when it comes to this.

Antrim Coaster

im using Orange Mobile Broadband and contacted them yesterday.

They informed me that they do not differentiate between users in the 6 Counties and the rest of their coverage.

I informed them that I shall be terminating my contract with them as a result.

Can anyone recommend a service provider who will indicate that I am in fact in the north of Ireland.

armaghniac

Mobile services do not differentiate in general that you are in NI. Something that politicians might well have addressed rather than appointing prisoners and so forth. Landline providers should differentiate as your landline is in one place. UTVInternet should understand the concept, I expect.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B