O'Byrne Cup 2017

Started by thejuice, January 08, 2016, 12:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 22, 2017, 11:24:51 PM
The faithful on the Kildare forums are suicidal. It was a poor performance but all sense of perspective has been lost. 2 weeks time in Navan is what matters so I will reserve judgement till then. First time in Newbridge where I can remember being out numbered by the opposition support.

Over-reaction is unreal. It's a challenge match, in effect. Don't remember Dublin panicking when they put out a decent team and lost to Longford this time last year.
I would reassess where we are after seven league games.

Unlaoised

Kildare Meath and Laois need to get their houses in line to even try and give dublin a game who in fairness bar Mayo and maybe an inform ulster team and Kerry would beat everyone else with points to spare.

Dublin are so far ahead in Leinster its unreal and it won't change for a long long time...

Louth Westmeath and Longford have come on a bit and are on a par with the three above teams or very close...Offaly Wicklow Carlow and wexford are still someway behind.

LAOIS ABÚ

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 24, 2017, 10:51:23 AM
Kildare Meath and Laois need to get their houses in line to even try and give dublin a game who in fairness bar Mayo and maybe an inform ulster team and Kerry would beat everyone else with points to spare.

Dublin are so far ahead in Leinster its unreal and it won't change for a long long time...

Louth Westmeath and Longford have come on a bit and are on a par with the three above teams or very close...Offaly Wicklow Carlow and wexford are still someway behind.

Westmeath have reached the last 2 Leinster finals, beating 2 of your singled out 3 teams en-route and yet are only on a par with them or very close? What have Laois done to reach such an exulted status?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

thejuice

"Sure we're only 10 points worse than Dublin, you'se are even worser. "

What a prize to argue over.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath 3-19 Eastmeath 2-18

Argue that.  8)

thejuice

Well done, here's your prize:

Dublin 2-13 Westmeath 0-06

Dublin 2-19 Westmeath 0-10

You can dine out on that for the rest of your life.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Croí na hÉireann

Half time was Westmeath 1-07 Eastmeath 2-12.

Closing 20 minutes saw one team outscore the other by 2-08 to a single point.

Fair amount of eating in that.

Jinxy

When was this?
Seems like something I would remember...
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Yes yes well done you but my point is we could kick the living shit out of you lads (or vice versa) this year but if we are still a distant second to Dublin it won't matter a toss.

seafoid

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 25, 2017, 03:43:57 PM
Half time was Westmeath 1-07 Eastmeath 2-12.

Closing 20 minutes saw one team outscore the other by 2-08 to a single point.

Fair amount of eating in that.
Heslin's goal was class
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I have to say the Meath fans around me in Croke Park that day showed a bit of dignity and class in defeat. It was a great second half of football but what is forgotten is the football Meath played in the first. For a few minutes it looked like someone might be able to be competitive with Dublin but then the usual collapse happened.

Gael85

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on January 22, 2017, 04:30:21 PM
The only hope for Kildare is that it was some of our own players betting against themselves on the Friday afternoon gamble on Dublin but logic would dictate that we are just rubbish and Dublin knew.

I still maintain that the Leinster counties outside Dublin will at some stage have to break away and play in a junior competition amongst themselves until standards improve. There isn't a hope of any of us doing anything in the AI series anyway anymore.
Let Dublin have a bye into the AI quarter final at least they could play some more competitive in house games.

[/b]

Why dont Clare,Tipperary, Limerick and Waterford break from Munster too? 1 Munster between the 4 of them in last 81 years.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: thejuice on January 25, 2017, 05:47:23 PM
Yes yes well done you but my point is we could kick the living shit out of you lads (or vice versa) this year but if we are still a distant second to Dublin it won't matter a toss.

Of course it matters, no wonder ye are down in the dumps if that's the mentality in the county. Need to concentrate on beating the teams that haven't been afforded every unfair advantage going. If you can't start beating the teams with the same resources as the vast majority then there's no point in dreaming about beating the chosen ones.

thejuice

It's not the reason for our current state. The point is we aren't happy with second place and you know it. A lot of things need to be put right in order to get back at the Dubs but it's not because we won't pat ourselves on the back for losing Leinster finals.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: thejuice on January 28, 2017, 01:40:20 PM
It's not the reason for our current state. The point is we aren't happy with second place and you know it. A lot of things need to be put right in order to get back at the Dubs but it's not because we won't pat ourselves on the back for losing Leinster finals.

You'll need to start getting back to Leinster finals before worrying about loosing them.