O'Byrne Cup 2017

Started by thejuice, January 08, 2016, 12:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kildare being outclassed by Dublin's 3rd team, it really is time to take a leaf out of Kilkenny's book and withdraw from inter county football. The money saved could be used to fix up Conleths.

Hardy

Louth leading 0-9 to 0-4 ten minutes into second half and playing into the scoring end. 4 points in three quarters of an hour!

I suppose it's an opportunity to see is there any of the old comeback race memory in the team.

Hardy

10-5. Meath's first score in 32 minutes.

Hardy

Race memory me arse. 1-14 to 0-10 final score.

McEntee out!

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Might only be an O'Byrne cup game but equally as humiliating as all the hammerings. Depressed with football in January is a new low.

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on January 22, 2017, 03:30:57 PM

McEntee out!
1970s race memory perhaps
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on January 22, 2017, 03:30:57 PM

McEntee out!

We clearly threw the game to focus on the league.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

yellowcard

Would Dublin 3rd win Leinster given the fact that they are in the O'Byrne cup final. Personally I think they wouldn't be too far away.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2017, 04:02:56 PM
Would Dublin 3rd win Leinster given the fact that they are in the O'Byrne cup final. Personally I think they wouldn't be too far away.

I'd say so.

Beffs

Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2017, 04:02:56 PM

Yep. They got this far, with only being assembled and playing and training together, for a few weeks. What more could they achieve, if they were all traning and playing together regularly, for the next 5 months? A provincial title could be well within their grasp, especially if Jim Gavin was in charge of them.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

The only hope for Kildare is that it was some of our own players betting against themselves on the Friday afternoon gamble on Dublin but logic would dictate that we are just rubbish and Dublin knew.

I still maintain that the Leinster counties outside Dublin will at some stage have to break away and play in a junior competition amongst themselves until standards improve. There isn't a hope of any of us doing anything in the AI series anyway anymore.
Let Dublin have a bye into the AI quarter final at least they could play some more competitive in house games.

thejuice

Jesus lads it's only January.

By the sounds of it Meath haven't figured how to deal with blanket defences which turned the game against Laois as well. We had a friendly against Donegal last night as well and lost by 11 points. Lot of football being played this time of year.

I'm not too despondent. Once we've cut the squad down to size I think they'll be more focusedz.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on January 22, 2017, 04:40:22 PM
Jesus lads it's only January.

By the sounds of it Meath haven't figured how to deal with blanket defences which turned the game against Laois as well. We had a friendly against Donegal last night as well and lost by 11 points. Lot of football being played this time of year.

I'm not too despondent. Once we've cut the squad down to size I think they'll be more focusedz.

I'd agree with that.
Andy will have learned a good bit from the last two games.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ohtoohtobe

Our five-year rope-a-dope plan all set to pay off this summer.

Dinny Breen

The faithful on the Kildare forums are suicidal. It was a poor performance but all sense of perspective has been lost. 2 weeks time in Navan is what matters so I will reserve judgement till then. First time in Newbridge where I can remember being out numbered by the opposition support.
#newbridgeornowhere