All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

It's not about nice guys or Dublin or Malachy O'Rourke or Beacon hospitals. It's about rules. The GAA's own rules.

https://youtu.be/lsO_SlA7E8k
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

LC

If it had been Glen's first ever county or even Ulster final and similar circumstances had happened I would be fairly confident the objection would have been already submitted.  It is a long road back to Croke Park and I believe Glen are well within their rights to lodge an objection.

Armagh18

Quote from: downtothecore on January 24, 2023, 05:53:50 PM
It is a good job conor glass had not scored goal and Glen won match as it would be awful for Glen to have to replay
Who would have objected then lol

clarshack

Quote from: WT4E on January 24, 2023, 06:42:36 PM
Quote from: clarshack on January 24, 2023, 02:06:15 PM
if Glen put the objection in to prove a point and Croke Park sets a date and time for the replay but then Glen decide they don't want to play in the replay, are we going to have another farcical situation in which Kilmacud field and the ref throws the ball in and Paul Mannion or Shane Walsh kick the ball into an empty net?

Would that not only happen if Glen didn't tell them they weren't fielding?

Yeah I think so.

gallsman

Quote from: clarshack on January 24, 2023, 09:01:16 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 24, 2023, 06:42:36 PM
Quote from: clarshack on January 24, 2023, 02:06:15 PM
if Glen put the objection in to prove a point and Croke Park sets a date and time for the replay but then Glen decide they don't want to play in the replay, are we going to have another farcical situation in which Kilmacud field and the ref throws the ball in and Paul Mannion or Shane Walsh kick the ball into an empty net?

Would that not only happen if Glen didn't tell them they weren't fielding?

Yeah I think so.

I imagine at that point they'd probably get fined for failure to fulfill a fixture ffs.

Wildweasel74

So rule wise, when a guy should been send off or thumped some lad but not carded or in the refs report, how is that aspect of the game assessed for possible suspension if the other team doesn't put in a objection.

gallsman

6th sam

I have no dog in this fight .
KC's super club image(financial strength, numbers strength and star player recruitment) has no relevance. 16 men on the field at a crucial vulnerable time for them , is a clear advantage penalised by rule.
I would ignore Mannion as 17th player , he was nowhere near the play or the line of vision to the goal.

In several years of involvement with the GAA I have never come across an issue with crucial play proceeding before sub went off . Sitting in hogan stand I commented that there seemed to be chaos around KC substitutions in injury time. KC conceded two second half goals ( from a 45, and last kick) into Hill 16 end last year in AI final. They nearly got caught in injury time in this year's AI semi.
Subs at top level are usually pre-organised , Mullins number was up , on PA system, subs board and two big  screens . There is real possibility that he knew exactly what he was doing , by positioning himself on the goal line at a crucial period .
In short:
1. KC recent defensive history indicates a late goal was a real possibility
2. There is real possibility that Mullin staying on was not accidental
3. Rule was contravened (possibly deliberately) to the clear advantage of the winners at a crucial
Period of vulnerability for them
4. There is a clear evidence of this
5. Glen IMO have a duty to their players, management and members to do everything possible to win AI within the rules. This is not unsporting given the above
6. If KC are good enough they'll win the replay 15 v 15

thewobbler

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2023, 09:43:48 PM
So rule wise, when a guy should been send off or thumped some lad but not carded or in the refs report, how is that aspect of the game assessed for possible suspension if the other team doesn't put in a objection.

The ref has an opportunity to review and amend his report at request of CiC.

And there's the catch-all clause that CiC can launch an investigation should they see fit.

What's going on here is slightly different. The first of those would be used to sanction a player or two for a particularly aggressive incident. The second of those would (normally) be used to herald a disrepute charge against a club and could lead to all sorts of punishments, again for aggressive behaviour. Sunday's is different. If CiC launch an investigation the only potential outcome is to punish an entire club for a single player making a technical indiscretion that could have been accidental (although I don't think so). Hence if they were to proactively get involved it could be deemed as favouring one team over the other. Which I'd expect would be used as a rod to beat CiC with by KC.

Glen should just appeal. Get on with it lads.

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 6th sam on January 24, 2023, 09:55:26 PM
I have no dog in this fight .
KC's super club image(financial strength, numbers strength and star player recruitment) has no relevance. 16 men on the field at a crucial vulnerable time for them , is a clear advantage penalised by rule.
I would ignore Mannion as 17th player , he was nowhere near the play or the line of vision to the goal.

In several years of involvement with the GAA I have never come across an issue with crucial play proceeding before sub went off . Sitting in hogan stand I commented that there seemed to be chaos around KC substitutions in injury time. KC conceded two second half goals ( from a 45, and last kick) into Hill 16 end last year in AI final. They nearly got caught in injury time in this year's AI semi.
Subs at top level are usually pre-organised , Mullins number was up , on PA system, subs board and two big  screens . There is real possibility that he knew exactly what he was doing , by positioning himself on the goal line at a crucial period .
In short:
1. KC recent defensive history indicates a late goal was a real possibility
2. There is real possibility that Mullin staying on was not accidental
3. Rule was contravened (possibly deliberately) to the clear advantage of the winners at a crucial
Period of vulnerability for them
4. There is a clear evidence of this
5. Glen IMO have a duty to their players, management and members to do everything possible to win AI within the rules. This is not unsporting given the above
6. If KC are good enough they'll win the replay 15 v 15

I think I remember Manion looking over as he didn't know he was being subbed. He then (I think) looked up at the big screen, he then knew and walked over towards the sideline.

I've no recollection of seeing 14 being told he had to go off or did the camera show him like they did with Mannion, I really think the chaos and confusion of those final moments contributed to a mistake, the conspiracy theories are ott.

The ref ultimately didn't wait till the subs fully left and played on, but he'd definitely been told of the subs, the club sec writes out the slip hands it to 4th official, he'll have said 2 subs coming on and next break of play, there is only one light up board for subs and injury time minutes left, punching in one sub and if the second one was done also then unfortunately that's the ref's fault not KC's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Kilmacud tournament in big revamp.
Launch of new Kilmacud 7-teens aims to put the All-Ireland Final fiasco behind them

Coming to a backpage near you soon  ;)
i usse an speelchekor