Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 24, 2023, 12:49:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 12:39:21 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 24, 2023, 12:36:26 PM
Any white smoke from South Derry yet? Are the committee meeting tonight?
Presumably the big issue for Wattys would be the tag of bad losers.
This has nothing to do with rule 6.44.
If Wattys do decide not to appeal it will not help the GAA.

Hmm playing with 16 players would be bad winners.

I honestly think public opinion is with Glen on this.
So do I. If everyone agreed with the result it wouldn't still be in the media
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 12:53:20 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 24, 2023, 12:49:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 12:39:21 PM
Presumably the big issue for Wattys would be the tag of bad losers.
This has nothing to do with rule 6.44.
If Wattys do decide not to appeal it will not help the GAA.

Hmm playing with 16 players would be bad winners.

I honestly think public opinion is with Glen on this.
So do I. If everyone agreed with the result it wouldn't still be in the media

Gaaboard, a snapshot of the GAA community, has 2 dedicated threads and dozens of pages every day on it this week. I honestly think they will kick themselves if they let it go.

Armagh18

Love to be fly on the wall there.

thewobbler

@yellowcard

CiC is committee in charge. They're responsible for among other things, appointing match officials, and issuing fines and suspensions.

The point I'm making here is that according to the rule book, CiC are within their power to launch an investigation into a match without an objection being made.

But it would be extraordinarily unusual for a CiC to invoke this authority without an objection being made, as do so would - intentionally or not - open up the potential for their investigation to be shrouded in bias. Whether you like to believe it or not, if they open an investigation, the act of doing so favours one team over another. No matter how just this is, it still taints things.

——

What many people on here and on Twitter want is for CiC to intervene and set a replay, immediately. They cannot do this. There would have to be an investigation, and in all likelihood, this would take the form of a round table mediation session between senior officials from each club, to see if they can agree on an outcome, that is also within the rules of the association.

If CiC went nuclear and set a replay next week without consultation , it would be a DRA job, and KC would surely load their counter appeal with claims of bias.

——

Now should Glen launch an official objection, the first step would almost certainly be the same as above; round table mediation.

The big difference here is that if clubs cannot agree on an outcome, then CiC would make a ruling. The club that loses out then takes this to a hearing. But crucially, KC's angle for bias / bowing to media pressure is largely extinguished.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Dreadnought on January 24, 2023, 12:51:41 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2023, 12:30:37 PM
Why do ye all think there'll be a replay if Glen lodge an objection?
I'd suspect KC woukd get a fine.

Previous examples has shown that replays is seen as the moderate option that is gone to. Fine too lenient, awarding the game too harsh. A lot of GAA journos (who would be in the know with whispers from CP) say that word is that a replay will be ordered if Glen do object. It's the least worst option

Most of those journo's will have been flat out googling how the GAA disciplinary process works, I'd be amazed if anyone who sits on the central councils CAC will have talked to a journo or any of the top brass who might a say.

tonto1888

Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2023, 11:11:49 AM
Gael80..  it's would HAVE not the ridiculous and meaningless "would of" that countless people use nowadays.

If there was a like button on here, I would like this post.

Franko

Quote from: thewobbler on January 24, 2023, 11:08:57 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 11:02:33 AM
When the ref blows the whistle for the end of the game he can't un-blow it and restart the game. The ref makes a call and by the rule book (even if he is wrong) can't change that, rule books do not always allow for common sense.

I've seen that chaos on the sideline at many a game, and when the team is holding on to win an all Ireland you will flood the end of the game with subs...

Its up to headquarters to look at the sub rule during injury time and address it properly, Adding a full minute per sub would certainly reduce the managers throwing on subs, and trust me O'Rourke would have done the same thing

Would anyone maybe consider that the purpose of these subs were not so much time wasting, as getting players some game time in an AI final? You know, the lads who made a contribution during the campaign but didn't make the starting xv for the final? Or is the human touch completely gone from our game?

They were 2 points up and defending a 45 in an AIF.  To say that a manager would throw on subs sentimentally at this point is ludicrous.

clarshack

if Glen put the objection in to prove a point and Croke Park sets a date and time for the replay but then Glen decide they don't want to play in the replay, are we going to have another farcical situation in which Kilmacud field and the ref throws the ball in and Paul Mannion or Shane Walsh kick the ball into an empty net?

downtothecore

It is a good job conor glass had not scored goal and Glen won match as it would be awful for Glen to have to replay

Milltown Row2

Quote from: downtothecore on January 24, 2023, 05:53:50 PM
It is a good job conor glass had not scored goal and Glen won match as it would be awful for Glen to have to replay

Was only the 15 a side at this stage ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

WT4E

Quote from: clarshack on January 24, 2023, 02:06:15 PM
if Glen put the objection in to prove a point and Croke Park sets a date and time for the replay but then Glen decide they don't want to play in the replay, are we going to have another farcical situation in which Kilmacud field and the ref throws the ball in and Paul Mannion or Shane Walsh kick the ball into an empty net?

Would that not only happen if Glen didn't tell them they weren't fielding?

Wildweasel74

Nice guys win f**k all, I had the objection in already. Am still pissed a penalty was given, when the foul was outside. Did Kerry give a f**k when they got Dara O'Shea of a red card for a all-Ireland final. Nope. Whether u feel, u didn't play good enough or missed chances to win is irrelevant. The rules were broken. No points been good guys (Ah the spirit of the game etc) I seen enough divers, cheats, dirty hits, men send off and appealed every week, even when they done a offence, to see the spirit of the game pissed off years ago. Clare got 2 men send off one week, then played the following week in the hurling. Nice guys win nothing, Every red card appealed now as the rulebook a joke. How's this any different. Derry lose a Ulster final in 1997 for a point a metre wide which was well pointed out to the ref at the time. Who remembers it, nobody, just Cavan were Ulster Champs 1997.Everybody be going well done Glen for not appealing, and in turn Crokes / others be laughing behind your back how stupid you are not to appeal it. Bad Losers, who cares. Rather be bad winners like Argentina.