All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Gael80..  it's would HAVE not the ridiculous and meaningless "would of" that countless people use nowadays.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gallsman

Quote from: thewobbler on January 24, 2023, 11:05:08 AM
Quote from: gallsman on January 24, 2023, 10:50:59 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 24, 2023, 10:43:55 AM

It's so f**king typical of GAA player and management thought processes. Lose a match? Blame anyone and everyone but yourselves.

Would you ever f**k off with this nonsense. Glen have done absolutely nothing wrong here - there are no sour grapes. Don't try and pretend you're talking about it in a general sense.

Glen actually have done something wrong. They've issued a woe is us statement on Twitter instead of launching an injection.

——

Apart from that Glen have handled this with tremendous grace to date.

It's the legions of keyboard warriors with an agenda against a large Dublin club, who are determined to fling muck at anyone and everyone until the "little guy" gets a replay, that's who've donned the "it's always someone else's fault" mantra.

Batshit crazy nonsense. Kilmacud transgression equates to an agenda against them. Catch yourself on.

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 24, 2023, 10:58:42 AM
I have no issue with Glen looking for a replay, they are entitled to it.
Do you think an appeal on the basis of Mannion being on the pitch as a 16th player would be justified if Mullin wasn't there?

By the letter of the law? Yes, as he wasn't leaving the pitch having been substituted. In the spirit of good sportsmanship, probably not.

All of that is irrelevant however, as Mullin WAS there and was actively defending the play.

The two of them together however? Nothing minor about it.

Armagh18

Quote from: gallsman on January 24, 2023, 10:48:34 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 24, 2023, 10:33:30 AM
That is harsh on Kilmacud as magpie seanie has a valid point on the severity of the infraction as per the rulebook which I suppose I hadn't really reflected on either until now.

How is it a minor infraction? Because of the limited time left in the game? How long are clubs allowed break one of the fundamental rules of the game for before it no longer becomes a minor infraction, but something more serious? Five minutes? It may be harsh on Kilmacud, but they undeniably fucked up. Let's not forget it was 17, not 16. They had two extra players on the pitch and Mannion is looking at the play.

The fact it was the final seconds of the game and Mullin had no apparent direct impact is completely irrelevant. The game should be declared void and a replay ordered. As said however, Glen may well decide they don't want it. If they do, they are entirely within their rights and any subsequent victory for them would carry no stigma or asterisk except in the eyes of twats.
Do you think an appeal on the basis of Mannion being on the pitch as a 16th player would be justified if Mullin wasn't there?

Quote from: Gael80 on January 24, 2023, 10:56:29 AM
The GAA reaction has been shocking, I might be wrong but if it was the other way around a replay date would already be set.

They want this all to go away quiety but Glen didn't lose an All Ireland fairly and Crokes didn't win an All Ireland within the rules so lodge the appeal and play the replay
I don't think it would be any different the other way around but they absolutely just want this to go away.
I agree with Brolly re Mannion, obviously wouldnt be in the spirit of the game to appeal on that basis and if it had just been him then a fine of some sort would have sufficed

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 11:02:33 AM
When the ref blows the whistle for the end of the game he can't un-blow it and restart the game. The ref makes a call and by the rule book (even if he is wrong) can't change that, rule books do not always allow for common sense.

I've seen that chaos on the sideline at many a game, and when the team is holding on to win an all Ireland you will flood the end of the game with subs...

Its up to headquarters to look at the sub rule during injury time and address it properly, Adding a full minute per sub would certainly reduce the managers throwing on subs, and trust me O'Rourke would have done the same thing
Yeah stop the clock for the subs surely and add on, no issue with managers throwing lads on in injury time to disrupt the game or even to give them the experience of being on the field for it. The ref had the chance to replay the 45 though which would have solved all of this. Likely the ball is cleared again but we'll never know.

RedHand88

Quote from: thewobbler on January 24, 2023, 11:08:57 AM
When the ref blows the whistle for the end of the game he can't un-blow it and restart the game. The ref makes a call and by the rule book (even if he is wrong) can't change that, rule books do not always allow for common sense.

I've seen that chaos on the sideline at many a game, and when the team is holding on to win an all Ireland you will flood the end of the game with subs...

Its up to headquarters to look at the sub rule during injury time and address it properly, Adding a full minute per sub would certainly reduce the managers throwing on subs, and trust me O'Rourke would have done the same thing

Would anyone maybe consider that the purpose of these subs were not so much time wasting, as getting players some game time in an AI final? You know, the lads who made a contribution during the campaign but didn't make the starting xv for the final? Or is the human touch completely gone from our game?

You don't actually believe that do you?

HiMucker

Would anyone maybe consider that the purpose of these subs were not so much time wasting, as getting players some game time in an AI final? You know, the lads who made a contribution during the campaign but didn't make the starting xv for the final? Or is the human touch completely gone from our game?
I would say any subs for sentimental reasons would be completely out the window at the end of a tight championship match at any level, never mind at the end of the senior AI club final.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: HiMucker on January 24, 2023, 11:33:50 AM

I would say any subs for sentimental reasons would be completely out the window at the end of a tight championship match at any level, never mind at the end of the senior AI club final.
sentimental subs are for when you're 10 points clear and cruising. Those lads were sent on to waste time number one but also because the manager trusted them to see the game out.

Hound

Quote from: Gael80 on January 24, 2023, 11:07:58 AM
Quote from: gallsman on January 24, 2023, 10:48:34 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 24, 2023, 10:33:30 AM
That is harsh on Kilmacud as magpie seanie has a valid point on the severity of the infraction as per the rulebook which I suppose I hadn't really reflected on either until now.

How is it a minor infraction? Because of the limited time left in the game? How long are clubs allowed break one of the fundamental rules of the game for before it no longer becomes a minor infraction, but something more serious? Five minutes? It may be harsh on Kilmacud, but they undeniably fucked up. Let's not forget it was 17, not 16. They had two extra players on the pitch and Mannion is looking at the play.

The fact it was the final seconds of the game and Mullin had no apparent direct impact is completely irrelevant. The game should be declared void and a replay ordered. As said however, Glen may well decide they don't want it. If they do, they are entirely within their rights and any subsequent victory for them would carry no stigma or asterisk except in the eyes of twats.

Quote from: Gael80 on January 24, 2023, 10:56:29 AM
The GAA reaction has been shocking, I might be wrong but if it was the other way around a replay date would already be set.

They want this all to go away quiety but Glen didn't lose an All Ireland fairly and Crokes didn't win an All Ireland within the rules so lodge the appeal and play the replay
I don't think it would be any different the other way around but they absolutely just want this to go away.

Crokes are a fairly big club based in Dublin; the Dublin based media would have taken the story on and by Tuesday morning the pressure on the GAA would of led to a replay date in my opinion, without an offical club objection.
That's such utter nonsense.

The media reaction whether in or outside Dublin is to put the boot into Crokes. Articles about the possible replay but bringing in stuff about Walsh, their sponsors, their numbers - all completely irrelevant to this issue, but being used as an add-on as to why Crokes should be punished. There might be one pro-Crokes article out there, but I haven't seen it!

I'm no fan of KC, but I would be categoric in saying if the roles were reversed, they would already have put it to bed and said no appeal will be made. But their circumstances are much different to Glen, they have won it before and would be confident of winning it again

gallsman

There wouldn't have had to be an appeal from Crokes as the GAA would have ordered the replay on Sunday evening ffs.

Hound

Quote from: gallsman on January 24, 2023, 11:58:56 AM
There wouldn't have had to be an appeal from Crokes as the GAA would have ordered the replay on Sunday evening ffs.
Utter nonsense! It's hilarious that you're small minded enough to believe that

I'm sure you'd be on here roaring for a replay if things were the other way around 😂

gallsman

Quote from: Hound on January 24, 2023, 12:13:55 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 24, 2023, 11:58:56 AM
Utter nonsense! It's hilarious that you're small minded enough to believe that

I'm sure you'd be on here roaring for a replay if things were the other way around 😂

I couldn't give the slightest f**k about Glen.  I'd absolutely be calling for a replay as, for some bizarre reason, I think it's important that the fundamental rules of the sport are seen to be upheld at the highest level.

There seems to be this bizarre idea that anyone not connected to Crokes or the wider Dublin GAA are somehow begrudgers here. The truth is Crokes barely cross anyone's radar in the way that Cross or Nemo or Corofin would. For all their riches, they are comparative nobodies.