Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 24, 2023, 10:33:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 10:07:50 AM
Quote from: WT4E on January 24, 2023, 09:50:11 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 09:34:55 AM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 24, 2023, 09:14:03 AM
Did I not hear it was Dara Mullin, who was lining the goals, that stated on?
Like that surely has a bearing.
Mullin was full forward
He was on the line and the ball was kicked away from him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMBmxXr5Oxo

If he hadn't been in that position on the line would the Glen player have thought that's the spot I want to hit to win the game?
They were 2 points down. The game hadn't been decided. KC couldn't say the game was won. It would be a pity if Wattys refused a replay.

There is undoubtedly a rush to take away the AI from Crokes by the likes of yourself as well seafoid looking at your comments.
Glen lost the final, was that primarily due to the extra player on the line at the end? I would say no but still think there should be a replay if Glen want it as there was absolutely an infraction. That is harsh on Kilmacud as magpie seanie has a valid point on the severity of the infraction as per the rulebook which I suppose I hadn't really reflected on either until now. Some people have the dislike of Crokes in their head over the Shane Walsh transfer, big Dublin club or whatever and are looking for blood, the likes of OTB saying yesterday that Kilmacud should be thrown out of the competition is lunacy stuff, think about if your own club was in the same position where a mistake was made in the chaos of that match situation.

It's a horrible situation for both clubs in truth, this isn't even the first instance of a cup being presented after a match and then a replay being ordered after an objection. So what are the GAA going to do to ensure as much as possible that something like this doesn't happen again? Don't hold your breath folks.
The rules say 15 players.
I could say that Maghera could have lobbed the ball in with 15 on 15  . You could say anything but neither would be the point. KC had 16 players when the game was still in play.
The GAA should have sorted this out on Sunday.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: thewobbler on January 24, 2023, 08:49:56 AM
Quote from: Franko on January 24, 2023, 08:47:21 AM
Glen chairman phones relevant GAA mandarin and says - "We're going to appeal, award us a replay and we'll decline it.  BUT, we need something for it."

GAA award replay

Glen decline

Both respective organisations look good in the public eye

Glen get a big cheque.

This is how it should play out if anyone had any sense.

Big cheque, huh?

Not really what the association is about, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Well they offered the hurlers from your own county something similar of a deal a few years back.

trueblue1234

Quote from: thewobbler on January 24, 2023, 10:43:55 AM
Mullin was full forward

If he hadn't been in that position on the line would the Glen player have thought that's the spot I want to hit to win the game?
They were 2 points down. The game hadn't been decided. KC couldn't say the game was won. It would be a pity if Wattys refused a replay.

There is undoubtedly a rush to take away the AI from Crokes by the likes of yourself as well seafoid looking at your comments.
Glen lost the final, was that primarily due to the extra player on the line at the end? I would say no but still think there should be a replay if Glen want it as there was absolutely an infraction. That is harsh on Kilmacud as magpie seanie has a valid point on the severity of the infraction as per the rulebook which I suppose I hadn't really reflected on either until now. Some people have the dislike of Crokes in their head over the Shane Walsh transfer, big Dublin club or whatever and are looking for blood, the likes of OTB saying yesterday that Kilmacud should be thrown out of the competition is lunacy stuff, think about if your own club was in the same position where a mistake was made in the chaos of that match situation.

It's a horrible situation for both clubs in truth, this isn't even the first instance of a cup being presented after a match and then a replay being ordered after an objection.  So what are the GAA going to do to ensure as much as possible that something like this doesn't happen again? Don't hold your breath folks.

I really don't like how people are trying to magnify the rule breaking as a weakness in the rule book.

Was it the GAA's fault that a thug from Stewartstown tried to smash Paudie Clifford's head off with an elbow last week? No.

Was it the GAA's fault that unnamed Armagh subs spilled into the field last year va Galway's and one of them went eye-gouging? No.

Can it really be the GAA's fault that a player (willingly or otherwise) did not leave the field when a substitution was made? This has happened oodles of times in matches and it's always quickly picked up on and put to rights.

I can't have this GAA bashing.

It's so f**king typical of GAA player and management thought processes. Lose a match? Blame anyone and everyone but yourselves.
No one is saying these actions are the GAA's fault ffs. How they deal with them is. Although in this case, some fault lies with the ref/ linesmen. So yeah that does mean the GAA is partly at fault. But mistakes will happen like this. How they're dealt with is what matters. No need for the big woe is me hysterics about pointing out when mistakes happen. It's the only way the organisation will improve and try to prevent it happening again. It sometimes takes these high profile mistakes for the organisation to take preventative actions.
And I say that now as someone who hope the GAA stick to their guns now that they've made a decision and leave it in Glens court.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

smort

Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2023, 10:42:31 AM
Just copy soccer (aaaaargh....)
Sub can't come on till replaced player leaves the field.
Surely 8 Officials  in big games can police this?
I know in the D5 Leagues and the likes with only 1 neutral official it might be a bit harder but in an AI Final there's enough of them there!

This will be the result alright

Armagh18

Mullin was full forward

It's a horrible situation for both clubs in truth, this isn't even the first instance of a cup being presented after a match and then a replay being ordered after an objection.  So what are the GAA going to do to ensure as much as possible that something like this doesn't happen again? Don't hold your breath folks.

I really don't like how people are trying to magnify the rule breaking as a weakness in the rule book.

Was it the GAA's fault that a thug from Stewartstown tried to smash Paudie Clifford's head off with an elbow last week? No.

Was it the GAA's fault that unnamed Armagh subs spilled into the field last year va Galway's and one of them went eye-gouging? No.

Can it really be the GAA's fault that a player (willingly or otherwise) did not leave the field when a substitution was made? This has happened oodles of times in matches and it's always quickly picked up on and put to rights.

I can't have this GAA bashing.

It's so f**king typical of GAA player and management thought processes. Lose a match? Blame anyone and everyone but yourselves.
it absolutely is the officials fault in this case. Glen have a perfectly legitimate case here and were wronged. Who are any of us to say that if the ref had done the right thing and allowed the 45 be retaken with 15 vs 15 that Glen wouldnt have scored? Don't see any sour grapes at all from Glen.

Gael80

Mullin was full forward

It's a horrible situation for both clubs in truth, this isn't even the first instance of a cup being presented after a match and then a replay being ordered after an objection. So what are the GAA going to do to ensure as much as possible that something like this doesn't happen again? Don't hold your breath folks.

Nothing against Crokes and good luck to both clubs. It was a genuine mistake on Sunday, who made the mistake has nothing to do with Glen. Crokes won the All Ireland outside the rules in that they had an extra player defending a two point lead, I doubt they'll be happy with that themselves as it will always be mentioned when this All Ireland win is discussed.

As someone posted the cup shouldn't have been presented, it was obvious there and then something went wrong. Both clubs would of agreed with the retaking of the 45.

The GAA reaction has been shocking, I might be wrong but if it was the other way around a replay date would already be set.

They want this all to go away quiety but Glen didn't lose an All Ireland fairly and Crokes didn't win an All Ireland within the rules so lodge the appeal and play the replay

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: gallsman on January 24, 2023, 10:48:34 AM
That is harsh on Kilmacud as magpie seanie has a valid point on the severity of the infraction as per the rulebook which I suppose I hadn't really reflected on either until now.

How is it a minor infraction? Because of the limited time left in the game? How long are clubs allowed break one of the fundamental rules of the game for before it no longer becomes a minor infraction, but something more serious? Five minutes? It may be harsh on Kilmacud, but they undeniably fucked up. Let's not forget it was 17, not 16. They had two extra players on the pitch and Mannion is looking at the play.

The fact it was the final seconds of the game and Mullin had no apparent direct impact is completely irrelevant. The game should be declared void and a replay ordered. As said however, Glen may well decide they don't want it. If they do, they are entirely within their rights and any subsequent victory for them would carry no stigma or asterisk except in the eyes of twats.
I have no issue with Glen looking for a replay, they are entitled to it.
Do you think an appeal on the basis of Mannion being on the pitch as a 16th player would be justified if Mullin wasn't there?

Quote from: Gael80 on January 24, 2023, 10:56:29 AM
The GAA reaction has been shocking, I might be wrong but if it was the other way around a replay date would already be set.

They want this all to go away quiety but Glen didn't lose an All Ireland fairly and Crokes didn't win an All Ireland within the rules so lodge the appeal and play the replay
I don't think it would be any different the other way around but they absolutely just want this to go away.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on January 24, 2023, 08:09:09 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 07:18:23 AM
They should do it for Watty. He stood up against injustice.
I hope they hammer Kilmacud in the replay. They wouldvneed a big shift from the forwards.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2023/0123/1350410-kelly-gaa-should-order-replay-not-put-onus-on-glen/

Are you Galway lads sore with Walsh?  ;)
No. He'll still play for the county so no worries.
I'm just sickened by Mullin on the goal line

Milltown Row2

When the ref blows the whistle for the end of the game he can't un-blow it and restart the game. The ref makes a call and by the rule book (even if he is wrong) can't change that, rule books do not always allow for common sense.

I've seen that chaos on the sideline at many a game, and when the team is holding on to win an all Ireland you will flood the end of the game with subs...

Its up to headquarters to look at the sub rule during injury time and address it properly, Adding a full minute per sub would certainly reduce the managers throwing on subs, and trust me O'Rourke would have done the same thing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 24, 2023, 10:58:42 AM
That is harsh on Kilmacud as magpie seanie has a valid point on the severity of the infraction as per the rulebook which I suppose I hadn't really reflected on either until now.

How is it a minor infraction? Because of the limited time left in the game? How long are clubs allowed break one of the fundamental rules of the game for before it no longer becomes a minor infraction, but something more serious? Five minutes? It may be harsh on Kilmacud, but they undeniably fucked up. Let's not forget it was 17, not 16. They had two extra players on the pitch and Mannion is looking at the play.

The fact it was the final seconds of the game and Mullin had no apparent direct impact is completely irrelevant. The game should be declared void and a replay ordered. As said however, Glen may well decide they don't want it. If they do, they are entirely within their rights and any subsequent victory for them would carry no stigma or asterisk except in the eyes of twats.
Do you think an appeal on the basis of Mannion being on the pitch as a 16th player would be justified if Mullin wasn't there?

I don't think it would be any different the other way around but they absolutely just want this to go away.
Mannion was near the sideline and Wattys were aiming for the goal

thewobbler

Quote from: gallsman on January 24, 2023, 10:50:59 AM

Would you ever f**k off with this nonsense. Glen have done absolutely nothing wrong here - there are no sour grapes. Don't try and pretend you're talking about it in a general sense.

Glen actually have done something wrong. They've issued a woe is us statement on Twitter instead of launching an injection.

——

Apart from that Glen have handled this with tremendous grace to date.

It's the legions of keyboard warriors with an agenda against a large Dublin club, who are determined to fling muck at anyone and everyone until the "little guy" gets a replay, that's who've donned the "it's always someone else's fault" mantra.

Gael80

Crokes are a fairly big club based in Dublin; the Dublin based media would have taken the story on and by Tuesday morning the pressure on the GAA would of led to a replay date in my opinion, without an offical club objection.

thewobbler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 11:02:33 AM
When the ref blows the whistle for the end of the game he can't un-blow it and restart the game. The ref makes a call and by the rule book (even if he is wrong) can't change that, rule books do not always allow for common sense.

I've seen that chaos on the sideline at many a game, and when the team is holding on to win an all Ireland you will flood the end of the game with subs...

Its up to headquarters to look at the sub rule during injury time and address it properly, Adding a full minute per sub would certainly reduce the managers throwing on subs, and trust me O'Rourke would have done the same thing

Would anyone maybe consider that the purpose of these subs were not so much time wasting, as getting players some game time in an AI final? You know, the lads who made a contribution during the campaign but didn't make the starting xv for the final? Or is the human touch completely gone from our game?

seafoid

Quote from: thewobbler on January 24, 2023, 11:05:08 AM
Quote from: gallsman on January 24, 2023, 10:50:59 AM

Would you ever f**k off with this nonsense. Glen have done absolutely nothing wrong here - there are no sour grapes. Don't try and pretend you're talking about it in a general sense.

Glen actually have done something wrong. They've issued a woe is us statement on Twitter instead of launching an injection.

——

Apart from that Glen have handled this with tremendous grace to date.

It's the legions of keyboard warriors with an agenda against a large Dublin club, who are determined to fling muck at anyone and everyone until the "little guy" gets a replay, that's who've donned the "it's always someone else's fault" mantra.
Rule 6.44 refers to both fielding too many substitutes as well as having more than 15 players on the pitch. Penalties range, "depending on circumstances" from fines to a rematch being ordered to forfeiture by the offending team. The GAAboard is not mentioned anywhere in rule 6.44, to the best of my knowledge.

johnnycool

Scenario 1. Glenn don't appeal, Croke Park breathe a huge sigh of relief, the drinking continues in earnest is Stilorgan..
Scenario 2. Glenn appeal, Croke Park have to make a decision and decide to fine Crokes a few €k as it's deemed a light infringement which didn't impact on the final result.  Cue huge twitterati outrage, Grab All Association, Dublin teams getting away with it etc etc. Messy
Scenario 3. Glenn appeal, Croke Park set the date for a replay, probably the following weekend as both teams need 6 days notification IIRC. Crokes hugely motivated going into that game, Glenn less so IMO.
Scenario 4. Glenn appeal, Croke Park set the date for a replay as above, Glenn then forfeit the game and give it to the Crokes. Croke Park, probably happy enough with that outcome, Twitterati wonder what the point of the appeal was in the first place.

Have I missed anything?

You're a player or member of the Glenn executive, what do you decide to do?