Gaelic football is crap- and needs to change ASAP

Started by Truth hurts, October 03, 2022, 09:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 06, 2022, 10:47:57 AM
Ah never show them. I'd be asking you if I were them  ;D
You don't want to be insinuating the Ref is a liar before the ball is thrown in.

rosnarun

Possession problem is easily solved . Just allow a fecking tackle . A good rough just short of dangerous tackle.
thats how any gobdaw hanging onto the ball refusing to play in football has always been treated
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Milltown Row2

Quote from: LeoMc on October 06, 2022, 12:21:52 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 06, 2022, 10:47:57 AM
Ah never show them. I'd be asking you if I were them  ;D
You don't want to be insinuating the Ref is a liar before the ball is thrown in.

Sure he's a liar the whole way through the game :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Handpass123

Quote from: MajorShields26 on October 05, 2022, 08:48:13 PM
Seen a young lad wearing a captains armband the other night in an u15 game. Do you think this could come into GAA more? I know big soccer idea but would make it easy for supporters to identify and see contribution from captain. It may have a  psychological for the player wearing to be a real leader? And bring us back to glory days.

Of all the shi*e i've seen you post this one makes the most sense. I think this would really give some players the pride and determination to become a proper captain for their club. The only problem is would the GAA community accept this? The community are too short-sighted and are still living in the past! It may also give the prods a bit of incentive to come out and give it a go, which could possibly benefit the chance of a united Ireland??? Great cross-community idea #UnitedIreland

Handpass123

Have been giving this a good amount of thought. What about a VAR type referee be brought into the game? Too many games these days have huge decisions made that are incorrect, shifting the momentum of the game. If a video referee was brought in, this wouldn't be the case and it also might take a bit of pressure off the actual referees. For example, Galway should of been awarded penalty in AI final then Kerry went other end and scored point. 4 point swing? Why are we allowing elite teams to influence referees to not give decisions for opposition #DaylightRobbery

TirEoghainGael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2022, 08:57:33 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on October 06, 2022, 08:34:48 AM
Seen a young lad wearing a captains armband the other night in an u15 game. Do you think this could come into GAA more? I know big soccer idea but would make it easy for supporters to identify and see contribution from captain. It may have a  psychological for the player wearing to be a real leader? And bring us back to glory days.

A captain's armband! Of all the rule changes in the world you you come up with that lol
Have seen this a couple of times over the last few years in Tyrone. Whilst I don't agree with it they are not hurting anybody and might help get a few more young lads into the game if they want to be visibly seen as captain. If it is going to be in the game they could take a leaf out of the NFL were the captains have a patch on their jersey as opposed to that soccer s****.

If I seen some kid come up to me taking the toss with a fecking armband on saying captain on it he'd lose the call every time lol

TirEoghainGael

Quote from: Handpass123 on October 06, 2022, 01:34:22 PM
Have been giving this a good amount of thought. What about a VAR type referee be brought into the game? Too many games these days have huge decisions made that are incorrect, shifting the momentum of the game. If a video referee was brought in, this wouldn't be the case and it also might take a bit of pressure off the actual referees. For example, Galway should of been awarded penalty in AI final then Kerry went other end and scored point. 4 point swing? Why are we allowing elite teams to influence referees to not give decisions for opposition #DaylightRobbery
What's next offside as well? The gaa will never introduce VAR. perhaps a second referee might help but again both referees will have different interpretations of the rules. Would need two whistles also...

lenny

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on October 06, 2022, 02:51:03 PM
What's next offside as well? The gaa will never introduce VAR. perhaps a second referee might help but again both referees will have different interpretations of the rules. Would need two whistles also...

Was offside not brought in in soccer to prevent blanket defences? That could be our solution right there. I can just imagine reserve league division 2 games being held up for a few minutes while a VAR panel in Dublin debates a tight call.

dec

Quote from: lenny on October 06, 2022, 03:19:19 PM

Was offside not brought in in soccer to prevent blanket defences? That could be our solution right there. I can just imagine reserve league division 2 games being held up for a few minutes while a VAR panel in Dublin debates a tight call.

Off side was brought in in soccer to prevent a forward standing beside the opposition goal keeper and a team just hoofing the ball in to him every time.

J70

Quote from: lenny on October 06, 2022, 03:19:19 PM

Can you imagine the absolute abuse a linesman would take from players and spectators in club football for a contentious offside call!

"How's he ref?"

"You stupid, fat/baldy, blind bollocks! No way was I/he/she off!".

And then the Sunday Game microanalyzing millimetre decisions!

MajorShields26

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on October 06, 2022, 02:44:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2022, 08:57:33 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on October 06, 2022, 08:34:48 AM

A captain's armband! Of all the rule changes in the world you you come up with that lol
Have seen this a couple of times over the last few years in Tyrone. Whilst I don't agree with it they are not hurting anybody and might help get a few more young lads into the game if they want to be visibly seen as captain. If it is going to be in the game they could take a leaf out of the NFL were the captains have a patch on their jersey as opposed to that soccer s****.

If I seen some kid come up to me taking the toss with a fecking armband on saying captain on it he'd lose the call every time lol

Not sure about this might be a nightmare for clubs asking oneills to sew a captain patch to certain number. Especially if players play different positions every week or captains change. Could be a handling also if DIY sew job is done. I imagine many players wanting to be captain would get it done and then it would cause confusion amongst the stands as to who is captain causing the whole thing to be pointless. Captain arm band the way forward if we are going to do anything I think.

Not sure VAR would be used in reserve games however if clubs had technology and referees available it might work. VAR in big championship and league games would be class I think. The excitement it brings would make the boring product of Gaelic football far more watchable? Trial it out anyway and we might see referees given a bit more respect for willing to deal with new technology?

Two referees is an interesting idea but the two whistles would cause a problem I think. Maybe one could use the whistle in the first half and one could use it in the second half. Would help solve it. Refs would also only take half as much abuse.

Regarding offside, don't be silly of course this won't be brought in. Most men man mark from the front, like we coach children. The forward would be permantly offside. Imagine goals being ruled out for being offside. The logistics would be a nightmare especially underage games teaching children awkward rules. Just do away with handpass and teach children to kick and catch and we have a better game

armaghniac

The simplest cure for abuse is to require refs and players to wear mics, which is perfectly technically possible. Any ffing the ref and you are off and the recording is submitted to a disciplinary panel.
Not sure what to do about spectators, but this things have to brought under control or there will be no refs for games, I see today that the Camogie association have problems too https://www.rte.ie/sport/camogie/2022/1006/1327517-dublin-camogie-warns-clubs-on-abuse-of-match-officials/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Quote from: armaghniac on October 06, 2022, 05:33:22 PM
The simplest cure for abuse is to require refs and players to wear mics, which is perfectly technically possible. Any ffing the ref and you are off and the recording is submitted to a disciplinary panel.
Not sure what to do about spectators, but this things have to brought under control or there will be no refs for games, I see today that the Camogie association have problems too https://www.rte.ie/sport/camogie/2022/1006/1327517-dublin-camogie-warns-clubs-on-abuse-of-match-officials/

There's a few refs that wouldn't be that keen on their own Language being recorded.....
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Keyser soze

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 07, 2022, 09:09:01 AM

There's a few refs that wouldn't be that keen on their own Language being recorded.....

Are they saying to players 'I am considerably richer than you'.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 07, 2022, 09:09:01 AM

A lot of ref's during championship use mics, they are mic'd up to the other officials on the pitch, I'm sure the software to record that wouldn't be that more expensive, having a camera could be useful to pick out the gobshites on the line also and behind the wire, it might embarrass a few people who feel that they are 'ok' guys..

I don't talk to players too much during the match unless they talk first, you explain your reason and that's all you can do, whether the player manager or supporters agree with that is for them to worry about. Having a camera crew follow you or being mic'd up won't, in that split second you make the call change the decision you make, rightly or wrongly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea