Laochra Gael TG4 (New Series)

Started by an pĂșca, April 14, 2010, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Great show. One of the all time greats.
nil satis nisi optimum

blanketattack

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 27, 2023, 06:25:32 PM
He got a hit on it, on par with the one on Paudie Clifford, Lad totally tried to melt him, when he was only 17
Yeah, as bad as any dirty play between 2 men is, for a full grown man to do that to a 17 year old child is heinous. Joe's teammates should have gotten revenge for him such as splitting open the back of his neck.

Hoof Hearted

Just finished watching
Great show as always
Who stood on his neck ?
Was he ever dealt with  ( within the 4 lines obviously  )
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

seafoid

Quote from: tiempo on February 22, 2022, 10:38:38 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 22, 2022, 01:43:43 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on February 22, 2022, 01:40:57 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 22, 2022, 12:29:29 PM
A great show indeed
a few i would like to see would be
Gearoid  Adams, Jarlath Burns, Marty McGrath, Benny Coulter, Mickey Moran, Seanie Johnston, Dick Clerkin,

Why Adams, Burns, Johnson and Clerkin ?

They all have great careers and with a story to tell. We dont need another donegal, kerry or Dublin boring story. Jarlath burns captained Armagh to an ulster title and also has forged a great role as an administrator

https://youtu.be/VAw0XXDopUA

There ye go. Now, no more silly suggestions or I'll have to apply for a grant to get Tom and Conor to tell us what to think of next
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAw0XXDopUA&t=895s
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JoG2

Watching the Tom Parsons episode atm, Mayo and Dublin really did serve up some epic battles... As good as I've seen, pure edge of the seat drama

From the Bunker

Quote from: JoG2 on February 16, 2023, 10:08:18 PM
Watching the Tom Parsons episode atm, Mayo and Dublin really did serve up some epic battles... As good as I've seen, pure edge of the seat drama

Mayo hid the real gap between Dublin and the rest of Ireland during that time.

In games that tight, home games really made that small difference in Dublin crossing the line.

ardtole

I'd have to agree 100% From the bunker.

JoG2

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 16, 2023, 10:22:48 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 16, 2023, 10:08:18 PM

Mayo hid the real gap between Dublin and the rest of Ireland during that time.

In games that tight, home games really made that small difference in Dublin crossing the line.

Without a doubt Bunker. A game of inches was mentioned a few times. Parson's journey back was / is  inspirational.

From the Bunker

Did not enjoy that episode of Tom Parsons, found it a bit disjointed.

Hoof Hearted

Last one tonight, Anthony Molloy, should be good
Brian mcgilligan doesn't mince his words anyway from the clip I seen
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Louther

Maybe not the right place but the BBC GAA social podcast with Seanie Johnson this week was a great listen. Covers his whole Kildare transfer in great detail.

imtommygunn

It's a good show that - lot of good episodes on it.

Walter Cronc

Very good episode. Slightly off topic and apologies if its already been covered but were Donegal originally green with yellow band or was that an away jersey? Did they later swap to yellow and green? In a lot of big games in the 80s and 90s they seemed to wear green & yellow.

StephenC

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 10, 2023, 09:54:45 AM
Very good episode. Slightly off topic and apologies if its already been covered but were Donegal originally green with yellow band or was that an away jersey? Did they later swap to yellow and green? In a lot of big games in the 80s and 90s they seemed to wear green & yellow.

You're right. Green with yellow band up till manybe late 80's? Early 90's? Forget TBH.

imtommygunn

I thought it seemed to be 92 that changed it. IIRC they would have worn green until they beat wasn't in Mayo in the 92 semi?