The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

A big game on Sunday against the Scots with the grand slam on the line. However with the world cup coming up later in the year against the Scots again, should Ireland be taking it easy against the Scots, not showing our full hand or game plan for the world cup?

Wildweasel74

Ireland very good, U-20's past couple of yrs, the increase in shear size past few yrs very evident. Alot of them be test made in 2/3 years.

Wildweasel74

No there a Grand, Slam to be won, a game 6 months later not matter tactic wise.

Wildweasel74

Massacre in the U-20 by the 30min mark.

seafoid

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 10, 2023, 07:41:14 PM
A big game on Sunday against the Scots with the grand slam on the line. However with the world cup coming up later in the year against the Scots again, should Ireland be taking it easy against the Scots, not showing our full hand or game plan for the world cup?
We must have a few plans. Like the France match, fast line speed to kn**ker the huge men of the opposition, but something different for Scotland and something else for England.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JPGJOHNNYG

f**k me 82-7. Same score tomorrow please ;D

gallsman

I'm normally a fan of playing at 100% until the whistle as a mark of professional and will never be able to understand American outrage at the concept of "running up the score" but for the last conversion, the ref pointed out the time to Lynch at about 79.50, clearly saying something along the lines of 'if you take your time, I can blow it up" and lynch made sure to kick it being the 80 mins were up. Felt a tad harsh!

marty34

Regarding the U20's in rugby and GAA.

I presume there'd be no U20's playing for Ireland last night and then be on the senior planel today?

Or are there U20's on the senior panel currently and they just play with the senior squad all the time?

Anybody know?

I know it's professional etc. and different from the GAA but was wondering how do rugby do it?

Wildweasel74

Lads don't come through to about 23 or so

Denn Forever

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 11, 2023, 11:45:03 AM

If you watch premiership rugby in ITV 4, there always seem to 18/i9 lan'tds playing.

Wasn't Jonny Wilkinson only 17 when he started?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

JPGJOHNNYG

Italy butchering this  ffs

JPGJOHNNYG

Why couldn't Italy have played like this against us. Back to the indisciplined rabble of old

Estimator

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 11, 2023, 12:49:51 PM

If you watch premiership rugby in ITV 4, there always seem to 18/i9 lan'tds playing.

Marcus Smith the same for his club. Think he was called up by Eddie Jones when he was playing  U20s
Ulster League Champions 2009

Gmac

Quote from: Estimator on March 11, 2023, 04:22:19 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on March 11, 2023, 12:49:51 PM

Marcus Smith the same for his club. Think he was called up by Eddie Jones when he was playing  U20s
rare for u20 in the pack,  backs is way more likely

Wildweasel74

Irish provisional rugby a fair step up than English club rugby with 1 or 2 exceptions