TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

1923 was promising.

Now it feels like the writers are trying to drag a movie-length script out over 9 hours. When all the main characters were pretty much fleshed out as they'll ever need to be by the end of episode 2, it just feels rather pointless.

nrico2006

Quote from: thewobbler on February 27, 2023, 10:24:28 AM
1923 was promising.

Now it feels like the writers are trying to drag a movie-length script out over 9 hours. When all the main characters were pretty much fleshed out as they'll ever need to be by the end of episode 2, it just feels rather pointless.

Aye, definitely trying to stretch it to fit it perfectly into the 2 seasons they have been given. No big finale which is poor in my eyes. Think it was an episode or two ago where I though they had hopped a bit further on, which would have been good. At the end of the previous episode Harrison Ford could barely move, so when he was motoring like Usain Bolt at the start of that episode I hoped they had moved 3 months on. But no, Alex and Spencer had only moved about 500 metres.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Look-Up!

ET got home quicker than them two.

clarshack

finished season 1 of Yellowstone last night and while I liked it, it's not 10/10 stuff. maybe all the hype comes from later seasons?

trueblue1234

Is 1923 and Yellowstone all linked? Which should be watched first?

Haven't watched any of it but seems to me getting a lot of mileage on here and feel like I'm missing out!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

dec

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 27, 2023, 03:21:28 PM
Is 1923 and Yellowstone all linked? Which should be watched first?

Haven't watched any of it but seems to me getting a lot of mileage on here and feel like I'm missing out!!

1923 is an earlier generation of the Dutton family, you can watch in either order, the stories aren't connected

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Look-Up!

And 1883 is the earlier ancestors of the Duttons who were the first settlers. Again order shouldn't matter but the narrator in 1883 is Elsa Dutton who's also a leading character. Her character is not in 1923 but is the narrator so some might prefer to watch 1883 first. 

I'd actually recommend watching 1883 first because for me, by far the best show and a one off season. You'll spend less time waiting on the other shows to renew too. 

nrico2006

Yellowstone isn't really a 10 out of 10 show, not up there with the very best but it's good.

Found 1883 boring enough, 1923 has been more enjoyable and has a better cast.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Look-Up!

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 27, 2023, 04:13:42 PM
Yellowstone isn't really a 10 out of 10 show, not up there with the very best but it's good.

Found 1883 boring enough, 1923 has been more enjoyable and has a better cast.
I enjoyed 1923 better first couple of episodes but over it now. Last couple of episodes tearing the arse out of it.

gawa316

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 27, 2023, 01:58:32 PM
ET got home quicker than them two.

Annoying oul bitch should've just stayed in her cabin!

gallsman

Brilliant episode of the last of us. Violence dialled up to 11.

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on March 06, 2023, 09:31:55 PM
Brilliant episode of the last of us. Violence dialled up to 11.

Seemed a miracle happened midway through it. Still, enjoyed it.

imtommygunn

I thought the first few episodes were a bit overhyped but now I do think it's great.

bennydorano

Buffering on ITV2 is a great wee comedy, S2 finishing 2nite.