Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Semi Final replay confirmed for BCastle. Ffs

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: left peg on October 03, 2018, 09:37:05 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 01, 2018, 03:45:53 PM
So to round of this weekends action.  Dunloy lost because of the weather and loughgiels tactics and the dispute over the dugout and the weather and not being able to hit nice clean ball into there nice wee forwards and the weather and our tactics and it's not there fault that the world domination is on hold for another year.  Here's how i seen it, JC got our game plan bang on, Dunloy lost at there own game, they battered and slapped last year against Cdall in the final and got NMM sent of for hitting back, won a championship. fair play. They battered and slapped yesterday and our lads stayed disciplined and won the game being a bit longer in the tooth.  to start and cry over how the opposition played is simply being a bad looser, end of story. move on

Exactly I was at the Dunloy Slaughtneil match last year and heard the excuses ranging from slaughtneil were too physical we'll be stronger next year. Match shouldn't have been played in owenbeg (probably best surface in Ulster for hurling) slaughtneil have no hurlers they've just big strong men, complete slabbers and probably the worst team to come out of Antrim in the past 4/5 years. I said to my wife on leaving that game that Dunloy wouldn't get out of Antrim this year as they assume they've a god given right that teams will lie down against them. Glad to see them beat and look forward to a slaughtneil v Antrim club Ulster final.

Christ theres always one with a hatred that they cant bury.

jog on
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

i assume the game is changed to ballycastle for double header purposes with minor final on before and dunloy in final.  it baffles me how ballycastle continues to get these bigger games.  i wouldn't let ducks out on that pitch!!! on a good day there's a swirling wind. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Mcuilin man

Why wouldn't BALLYCASTLE get the big games ?? The pitch was in great shape at the weekend . Can't help the weather . Was it not windy in the St. John's and Cushendall game . Best place for parking . But would think now that we have had these two games that the final will be in Dunloy .

Na Glinntí Glasa

if im going to be critical of sunday you need to get people outside of the gates of the ground to sort out the parking and the traffic - much the same as what we do all the time. we block the main road to allow the traffic away and make a decent effort to ensure that everyone hasnt that long a wait.

but here tear us on with the final lol save me having to do traffic duty again this year! :D
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Mcuilin man on October 03, 2018, 03:06:47 PM
Why wouldn't BALLYCASTLE get the big games ?? The pitch was in great shape at the weekend . Can't help the weather . Was it not windy in the St. John's and Cushendall game . Best place for parking . But would think now that we have had these two games that the final will be in Dunloy .
jesus don't take it to heart!  am only saying i've been on that pitch many a time and it would have a swirling wind on the best day in ireland,Nightmare to get out of it then also 

paddyjohn

Settle petal..

Jesusjones

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 03, 2018, 03:54:23 PM
jesus don't take it to heart!  am only saying i've been on that pitch many a time and it would have a swirling wind on the best day in ireland,Nightmare to get out of it then also
Pitch is grand, weather generally brutal and worst place in the county to get out off.

keep her low this half

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 03, 2018, 04:29:12 PM
Pitch is grand, weather generally brutal and worst place in the county to get out off.
The main issue is turning right out of the pitch, if they all turned left and down past the old pitch it would ease the traffic a bit. On Sunday they stopped people parking along Whitepark road which improved things a bit. It might not be as bad for Cushendall v St Johns as Cushendall will be turning left and St Johns right. On Sunday everyone turned right which did not help matters.

Hurling fan

I have to say I thought the man in the middle was terrible on Sunday. 3 red cards should have been issued on Sunday and he bottled it on two off them. Don't think he is up to the standard needed for senior championship

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hurling fan on October 03, 2018, 09:14:36 PM
I have to say I thought the man in the middle was terrible on Sunday. 3 red cards should have been issued on Sunday and he bottled it on two off them. Don't think he is up to the standard needed for senior championship
Did you create a new account for that?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: keep her low this half on October 03, 2018, 08:10:40 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on October 03, 2018, 04:29:12 PM
The main issue is turning right out of the pitch, if they all turned left and down past the old pitch it would ease the traffic a bit. On Sunday they stopped people parking along Whitepark road which improved things a bit. It might not be as bad for Cushendall v St Johns as Cushendall will be turning left and St Johns right. On Sunday everyone turned right which did not help matters.
hardly be a big issue the next day anyway

ciaran1988

Shock in Derry with Slaughtneil getting knocked out of the football championship. Now their sole focus is on the hurling and their clash with Ballycran. I'm hoping that our own county champions will restore the balance of order and take the Ulster title this year

Jesusjones

Quote from: ciaran1988 on October 04, 2018, 04:21:54 AM
Shock in Derry with Slaughtneil getting knocked out of the football championship. Now their sole focus is on the hurling and their clash with Ballycran. I'm hoping that our own county champions will restore the balance of order and take the Ulster title this year

Big result that'll have a massive impact for the better on Slaughtneil's hurling. Things haven't gotten any easier for whoever comes out of Antrim.

auld stock

Quote from: Hurling fan on October 03, 2018, 09:14:36 PM
Tony baloney i wont deny that im happy to report that no that is not me . Only one account here with no ulterior motive