Worst All Ireland football final since 2003

Started by 45 metres, September 20, 2010, 04:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

45 metres

The winners did not score from play until after the half hour.
Benny Coulter found out on the big stage.
Corks shooting from play in the first half would embarrass a one legged player.
Far too many miss hit passes from both teams.
A poor Down defence. Only for Brendan McVeigh they would have been slaughtered.

Cork only won it from their subs in the second half scoring more from frees than play. A close game but not very exciting or good. A poor advertisement for football, not that Cork will mind.

Hurling final was far better.

mrgaa1

hurling final is always better as its played with an intensity that no other sport can match.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

mannix

cork wont mind, neither would Mayo or dublin if they could claim the big prize.

Brick Tamlin

yeah but no but yeah but no ....................

imtommygunn

Quote from: 45 metres on September 20, 2010, 04:16:34 PM
Benny Coulter found out on the big stage.

Please explain, found out how?

(From a non down man)

Maiden1

There are no proofs, only opinions.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

I enjoyed the game yesterday, and thought that both sides played well at different stages (unlike 2003 when neither side played well at any stage) though it was obvious in the first half that Cork were quivering with fear and nerves, and actually thought at half time there was no way Down were going to lose

The last ten minutes was brilliant also and you couldn't have asked for a more knife edge finish.

ross4life

So the 2004. 2006 & 2007 were good finals  ??? As Micheal Ó Muircheartaigh said yesterday a good final is one where you keep the viewers listening & one you don't know the winner untill the final kick...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

the colonel

I thought Coulter was good when they got the ball to him. Not enough service. Could have played high ball into him even, but didn't do that. Should never have took off Paul McComiskey
the difference between success and failure is energy

BennyHarp

I would doubt if 45 metres was even born in 2003!
That was never a square ball!!

T Fearon

45m is indeed not me, nor me him.I never have nor never will post under any other name except my own