iphone

Started by macdanger2, August 10, 2009, 09:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Surely it's the same thing as they're both at worst using your data allowance or at best your wifi for free anyway?

AustinPowers

Do you need to  backup your photos before doing an iPhone update?

Will photos , podcasts or apps be lost  after updating?

It's been so long  since I did an update, I can't remember

thebigfella

Quote from: AustinPowers on February 18, 2024, 09:52:16 PMDo you need to  backup your photos before doing an iPhone update?

Depends how long since your last update? If you're jumping up major releases of iOS then I would say yes.

Is it not all backed up to iCloud account anyway? If not, pay for any additional non-free space required, backup and update. You can remove the iCloud storage after but unless you've a massive photo/video library it's so cheap why bother.

People really need to keep devices up to date. The amount of security patches you are potentially missing would be a concern.

Would ye whist

I recently got a new iPhone 15 and it will not let me send text messages to android/non iphones, anyone ever have this and if so did you manage to sort it?

AustinPowers

Quote from: thebigfella on February 19, 2024, 09:40:31 AM
Quote from: AustinPowers on February 18, 2024, 09:52:16 PMDo you need to  backup your photos before doing an iPhone update?

Depends how long since your last update? If you're jumping up major releases of iOS then I would say yes.

Is it not all backed up to iCloud account anyway? If not, pay for any additional non-free space required, backup and update. You can remove the iCloud storage after but unless you've a massive photo/video library it's so cheap why bother.

People really need to keep devices up to date. The amount of security patches you are potentially missing would be a concern.

I don't use iCloud.  The iPhone says I've used 3 GB on the cloud , but I e no idea how that happened , as I just use the phone memory  to store  photos/videos.

I remember  once moving photos  to my laptop a via windows explorer . So was hoping to do that again , but the windows explorer won't  recognise the iPhone when connected.

Any  way to sort this?

thebigfella

Quote from: AustinPowers on February 20, 2024, 04:05:03 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on February 19, 2024, 09:40:31 AM

I don't use iCloud.  The iPhone says I've used 3 GB on the cloud , but I e no idea how that happened , as I just use the phone memory  to store  photos/videos.

I remember  once moving photos  to my laptop a via windows explorer . So was hoping to do that again , but the windows explorer won't  recognise the iPhone when connected.

Any  way to sort this?

What's be sorted? You can upgrade iOS without deleting the data but it's wise to have a backup in case something goes wrong.

Otherwise just pay for enough additional iCloud storage for a month to cover the backup. Do your upgrade and if successful, cancel the iCloud storage. I wouldn't bother trying to fcuk around manually backing up, you'll waste the 3 quid worth of time which cloud pay for the iCloud storage.

GAABoardMod5

Or just email the photos to yourself