david kilcullen-county board f*ck up

Started by rosnarun, February 21, 2011, 11:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

any one know anything about killcullen getting a year ban for playing as he was ineligible due to a screw up in his transfer procedure?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

REDCOL

AbbeySider

Quote from: rosnarun on February 21, 2011, 11:10:00 PM
any one know anything about killcullen getting a year ban for playing as he was ineligible due to a screw up in his transfer procedure?

Playing where?
have you any more details than that?

Tubberman

Quote from: AbbeySider on February 22, 2011, 09:04:53 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on February 21, 2011, 11:10:00 PM

Playing where?
have you any more details than that?

London I think (England anyway). Heard something about that before the NFL started but had heard it looked like it would be resolved.
I take it that's not the case?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

westmayo

From what I heard, it has been resolved a clerical error thing. Would have had major consequences for the county board too. With as far as I know both principal officers would have had a year suspension too.

AbbeySider

Quote from: westmayo on February 22, 2011, 10:26:05 AM
From what I heard, it has been resolved a clerical error thing. Would have had major consequences for the county board too. With as far as I know both principal officers would have had a year suspension too.

Whats the full story ???

highking

From what Ive heard, James Kilcullen transferred to a club in London last year. He didnt declare for his home county on the transfer form. Therefore he was eligible to play for London but wasnt eligible to play for Mayo. He didnt transfer back to Ballagh', but played an FBD game for Mayo and someone realised he was illegal. The penalty is loss of the game, 48 week ban for the player, and a similar suspension for the officers.

However, there was no mallice intended and hopefully it will be passed off as a clerical error.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: highking on February 25, 2011, 12:43:31 AM
From what Ive heard, James Kilcullen transferred to a club in London last year. He didnt declare for his home county on the transfer form. Therefore he was eligible to play for London but wasnt eligible to play for Mayo. He didnt transfer back to Ballagh', but played an FBD game for Mayo and someone realised he was illegal. The penalty is loss of the game, 48 week ban for the player, and a similar suspension for the officers.

However, there was no mallice intended and hopefully it will be passed off as a clerical error.

If it means that officers are likely to be suspended, there is no doubt that it will be a clerical error!! :D