Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 11, 2017, 02:15:31 PM
Quote from: Spike on October 11, 2017, 02:08:03 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 11, 2017, 01:54:16 PM
is there no chance we could ever look at getting the games streamed live for the likes of a final? Armagh TV are years ahead of everyone and its brilliant to use to watch a game.

this is totally non SW, lenny etc related so it may cause confusion lol

Does it involve the county board spending money?  Then no
Does it involve some forward thinking by the county board?  Then no
Does it involve a strategy, willing volunteers, a process of works to highlight the countys presence?  Then no
Does it involve taking away from the potential gate receipts at a county final?  Then no

It could be a money maker. Pastie Quinn from C'Dall streamed the Semi & Final live on FB and charged a donation in return for doing so, he was doing the half marathon for Marie Curie so he used his go fund me page to collect money. Great idea.  £5 per game or say a £40 one off season ticket and sure your laughing.

The highlights over the last few seasons have superb and the work of the PRO and his volunteers should be built upon. Same as the Saffron Gael, superb idea by Curly and Paddy.

Credit wheres its due our PRO has vastly improved the service since his introduction.  I've no qualms in saying he was one of SVs more inspired moves.  Perhaps himself and Pastie could team up somehow?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Spike on October 11, 2017, 02:30:33 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 11, 2017, 02:15:31 PM
Quote from: Spike on October 11, 2017, 02:08:03 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 11, 2017, 01:54:16 PM
is there no chance we could ever look at getting the games streamed live for the likes of a final? Armagh TV are years ahead of everyone and its brilliant to use to watch a game.

this is totally non SW, lenny etc related so it may cause confusion lol

Does it involve the county board spending money?  Then no
Does it involve some forward thinking by the county board?  Then no
Does it involve a strategy, willing volunteers, a process of works to highlight the countys presence?  Then no
Does it involve taking away from the potential gate receipts at a county final?  Then no

It could be a money maker. Pastie Quinn from C'Dall streamed the Semi & Final live on FB and charged a donation in return for doing so, he was doing the half marathon for Marie Curie so he used his go fund me page to collect money. Great idea.  £5 per game or say a £40 one off season ticket and sure your laughing.

The highlights over the last few seasons have superb and the work of the PRO and his volunteers should be built upon. Same as the Saffron Gael, superb idea by Curly and Paddy.

Credit wheres its due our PRO has vastly improved the service since his introduction.  I've no qualms in saying he was one of SVs more inspired moves.  Perhaps himself and Pastie could team up somehow?

From reading Pasties posts on FB he only that on thsoe 2 occasions.

Surely Justin  McCormick, Jamie Quinn and Joe Dyrample could work with the PRO along with tech gurus we have involved with the county or clubs. Its an unexplored venture.

Stillwater2

The current PRO is not aligned to SV, he beat the SV candidate.

He should be helped, not hindered !!

Spike

Quote from: Stillwater2 on October 11, 2017, 02:41:11 PM

Says it all really. 

Sounds like there is potential in it and current gaels who are experimenting with it. Surely Antrim Boards larger profile could help make it happen.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Stillwater2 on October 11, 2017, 02:41:11 PM

Best PRO we have had but seems some on the Board would not be seen to agree with such  ;) ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Our PRO has been brilliant this year with his promotion of our games at all levels. Ive worked with him a fair bit this season and everything any thing we have needed help with he has been on it.

I know they had wanted to stream the U21 hurling final live with the Armagh TV guys but near the time something came up with regards to the guys who run it at home so they couldnt do the match for them.

Not having a county ground to house all the equipment is also a problem!
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Sean Kelly almost certainly the best PRO in the country. Havent seen or heard anyone who differs with this view.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on October 11, 2017, 03:45:49 PM
Sean Kelly almost certainly the best PRO in the country. Havent seen or heard anyone who differs with this view.

That's a strange on bannside, I'd certainly like to see who had said otherwise... losing games and minds it seems by some..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

If it hadn't of been for the Casement Social Club sponsoring a couple of the games where highlights have been provided, they wouldnt of been done. Th county wouldn't provide the money for some games to be videoed and that's why a few earlier rounds weren't covered the way they were in 2016.

I definitely think there is merit in doing what Armagh have done and broadcast them live. I know a few mates in San Fran enjoyed watching the games this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 11, 2017, 07:12:29 PM
If it hadn't of been for the Casement Social Club sponsoring a couple of the games where highlights have been provided, they wouldnt of been done. Th county wouldn't provide the money for some games to be videoed and that's why a few earlier rounds weren't covered the way they were in 2016.

I definitely think there is merit in doing what Armagh have done and broadcast them live. I know a few mates in San Fran enjoyed watching the games this year.

Where they staying in the SW of San Fran?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2017, 08:08:54 PM

Yet again the same repetitive crap from you..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 11, 2017, 08:14:04 PM

Jesus lad would you let me have some craic for a week at least?? I've had to listen to SW domination and Belfast in crisis for a year!!!

But look if you're annoyed I'm sorry

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2017, 08:45:47 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 11, 2017, 08:14:04 PM

Jesus lad would you let me have some craic for a week at least?? I've had to listen to SW domination and Belfast in crisis for a year!!!

But look if you're annoyed I'm sorry
Do think you continue to miss/ignore the point previously well made MR2.......that the top three clubs in South Antrim have failed to win more than a single game at minor level in 2018 and the dreaded ftf has been attached to a number of fixtures.
Seems little better at u-16......crisis....what crisis?

Milltown Row2

So it's a minor crisis at south Antrim now?? Holy fuvk clutching at straws now.... you are embarrassing yourself now... you can't equate minor or underage success to senior success unless like what we did in winning minor and under 21 5 years running...how many titles have Glen won at senior level in Derry? And how many minor Ulster titles did they win?

BrendanAntrim

"that the top three clubs in South Antrim have failed to win more than a single game at minor level in 2018".   Jeez that's next year written off already. Sad times.