Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

just read peter creedons interview ,,,he says laois are improving and he is talking about style oh holy god,,,what games has this man been at?????

Tony

So you don't think the win over Longford was an improvement? Really? The general consensus (99%) is that the Longford game was an improvement, from Jack Nolan to national newspaper articles to fan forums. So the question really is, what games have YOU been at town1980?

BallyroanAbu

Your using Jack Nolan as one of your references? Seriously

Longford are brutal, thought they would beat Laois.
Offaly are brutal I think they will beat laois

Something in common all three of these teams are brutal and are in Div 3 relegation dogfight

Let me take you back to January when our goal was to get out of Div 3 via promotion at a minimum and actually we all thought we would win it. 

I would say back Offaly but they are equally brutal

Stop it with the optimism it's only Wednesday Tony

Tony

What optimism? I'm saying that Longford was a clear improvement. How anyone can deny that is beyond me.

And yeah I thought we might have a chance of promotion too but our injury list killed that and we're starting plenty 21's and inexperienced players that are not up to standard yet.

So I agree, we're not a good team right now. But yourself and town1980 must have some awful short term memories. We've been very poor for years. Creedon wasn't here for years. 2+2 = 4.

ILikeStrawberryJam

I thought we played well in patches last saturday and would have won easily except for stupidity by Evan

Some people are just desperate for Creedon to fail so they can i told you so .. 

town1980

I have short and very long term memories Tony but I count the teams that we have played this year as absolutely brutal,, a Sligo team Offaly beat an Antrim team that's wer abs shocking and I was at that game,, so here you are tony saying Longford is an improvement,, the first half was chronic,,, it's not about getting creedon out,,, it's the shite there playing ,, there playing levels ,, lack of a plan there motivation to die for the cause as to which our county board EMPLOYS mr creedon and his array of back room team to bring,,, just my opinion is that that level is not being reached that's what pisses me off,,, we are way more than a div 4 or bottom div 3 team,, I see no difference than mick Lilis and he cost fek  all so for me this is a pure waste of money

Tony

You probably see no improvement to last year as we have a much worse team with our injuries. It's not rocket science like. We've been missing 6-8 of our top performers for most of the League. You can't turn water into wine for the rest. I don't think Creedon is the best manager in the country by a long shot but he's about the best we can get this year. Our failings are mostly down to the ability of the players. You can drill them all day long but if they don't have it, they don't have it.

One thing I'm really enjoying about this years football is, we're giving it our all. 100%. Ability is not there for all 15 but if they give 100%, we surely can't ask for much more. For us to get promoted this year, we would have had to have Quigley, JOL, Timmons, Walsh, Begley, Merideth, Lillis, Evan for all the league and fit. The likes of Luttrell are trying hard but they need to develop more. That all seems pretty obvious to me but I suppose people are entitled to their opinions. The likes of Higgins or Roe wouldn't have got more out of this team this year and that's just a fact.

If we do in fact manage to beat Offaly, I'll be very happy indeed. In the circumstances, staying in Div 3 is par for the course, in my opinion. Promotion was unrealistic with the amount out, let's just call it like it is. If we do stay up, we have a lot to play for come summertime, with a much stronger looking team likely. Again, I'm not being unrealistic - given our form over the last 10 years, a win or maybe 2 in Leinster would be great and maybe a win or 2 in qualifiers. That's realistically all we can hope for. As I said earlier, if the lads and management give 100%, really how can we ask for more.

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on March 29, 2017, 08:40:38 PM
I have short and very long term memories Tony but I count the teams that we have played this year as absolutely brutal,, a Sligo team Offaly beat an Antrim team that's wer abs shocking and I was at that game,, so here you are tony saying Longford is an improvement,, the first half was chronic,,, it's not about getting creedon out,,, it's the shite there playing ,, there playing levels ,, lack of a plan there motivation to die for the cause as to which our county board EMPLOYS mr creedon and his array of back room team to bring,,, just my opinion is that that level is not being reached that's what pisses me off,,, we are way more than a div 4 or bottom div 3 team,, I see no difference than mick Lilis and he cost fek  all so for me this is a pure waste of money
Is Mick raging he didn't ask for a few bob?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on March 29, 2017, 09:10:37 PM
The likes of Higgins or Roe wouldn't have got more out of this team this year and that's just a fact.

The likes of Higgins and Roe would be getting slated regarding our discipline issues if they were in the job at present, and that is also a fact!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

BallyroanAbu

How do you know Higgins would not have gotten anything out of them because you seem cocksure Creedon has. We won't be winning anything like 4 games in championship.

High Fielder

I would have been happy enough going to Tullamore and expecting a positive result on Sunday, but I think the double header is a big plus for them. We have nobody to blame but ourselves if we do drop. It happened to Westmeath even after appearing in a Leinster final, so it can happen to us too. It goes without saying that we are under strength, so this notion that any Laois team can just go out on a pitch and win matches is both fanciful and wrong. It grates me that some people look at Laois in an abstract way, rather than analysing the sum of its parts. They do say that ignorance is bliss though. Truth be told, we lost good panel members in Kehoe, Hanrahan and Seale from our backs last year, and along with injuries, it has been a struggle. Cahillane also didn't commit, and Boyle and one or two others from previous seasons. So ignore that if you want, but don't expect everyone else to follow suit. We need everyone on board and good luck with injuries. We've had neither this year.

redsetanta

Tullamore has never been a happy hunting ground for any Laois team and many's a time we left after a good beating. Anyone who thinks we will beat Offaly handy enough on their home patch on Sunday are in for a shock.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tony

I don't think anyone thinks that redsetanta and if they do, they probably haven't been paying any attention. It's always very difficult to go there, no less this year. I'd be over the moon with a one point victory. I expect this one to have real championship edge. Winner takes all.

SCFC

Quote from: High Fielder on March 30, 2017, 10:12:06 AM
Truth be told, we lost good panel members in Kehoe, Hanrahan and Seale from our backs last year, and along with injuries, it has been a struggle. Cahillane also didn't commit, and Boyle and one or two others from previous seasons.
I see Cahillane scored 3-4 for Portlaoise in the league last night. He seems, and I don't know the chap, happy enough playing a bit of club and still playing his bit of soccer too.

High Fielder

It seems to be the way alright SCFC. He has his reasons, as they all do, and even if they never wanted to pull on the jersey, you would understand. It's a massive sacrifice with very little reward, and that applies to maybe all but a handful of counties. But this is what sickens me about Ballyroan Abu and town 180. You can't just go out and get another Paul Cahillane. They don't exist, and chances are the lad you replace him with won't be as good. That's analysis in the abstract; how you think Laois should be and how they actually are. Two different things. Peter Creedon isn't playing with a full deck and, he has been very unlucky with injuries. It's too easy to say he's not god enough and he's making a hames of the job. Those people who follow Laois closely know that we're far from being an easy bunch to manage. We also have serious problems with commitment. I doubt Peter Creedon thinks now that the job is all it was cracked up to be.