BBC4 Friday Evening Music

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 10, 2013, 12:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Can't find the previous thread, perhaps it's gone.

The Eagles tonight, with (excerpts from) a 1973 concert on in 5 minutes.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

5 Sams

Brilliant night of country music tonight on BBC4. Crystal Gayle one of the highlights. I was totally in love with her back in the day. :-*
The Aristocrat Years

rrhf

same here obsessed with her fine mane

Dubh driocht

Frank Sinatra special tonight- VG. The influence he had on Irishmen of a certain age was so significant IMO- the men born in the 20s, 30s and 40s saw him as the icon and the way to behave. Think of any footballers you know from the 60s and 70s, think of what influenced them and think of Frankie Sinatra. Sexist-yes, racist-yes but what an entertainer. As Nancy Sinatra said- Ava Gardner fought the bit out with him but, the minute he sang to her, there was nobody like him. 8)

give her dixie

Just caught the tail end of The Doors documentary there, and boy was it good to see a lot of background into their last album, which is one of my favourite albums of all time. What a an incredible talent Jim Morrison was, and in a short time, he left us with beautiful words and music that will last forever.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: give her dixie on January 11, 2014, 12:11:08 AM
Just caught the tail end of The Doors documentary there, and boy was it good to see a lot of background into their last album, which is one of my favourite albums of all time. What a an incredible talent Jim Morrison was, and in a short time, he left us with beautiful words and music that will last forever.

If you have sky plus dixie it is on later, really enjoyed it, great album

From the Bunker

He was a Lucky man to have met Krieger, Densmore and Manzarek. Don't underestimate their contribution!

give her dixie

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 11, 2014, 12:28:20 AM

If you have sky plus dixie it is on later, really enjoyed it, great album

No need for Sky, as it has just come back on again on BBC4 (just after Hendrix at Woodstock.......)
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

5 Sams

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 11, 2014, 12:59:41 AM

He was a Lucky man to have met Krieger, Densmore and Manzarek. Don't underestimate their contribution!

+1
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Enjoying britpop@thebbc. Some good stuff on red button too. 20 years just when I was in my pomp  ;D

armaghniac

Tribute to the Status Quo.
Presumably in celebration of the outcome of the Scottish Referendum.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on September 20, 2014, 01:58:57 AM
Tribute to the Status Quo.
Presumably in celebration of the outcome of the Scottish Referendum.
I thought their guitar player had quit because of repetitive riff strain.

bennydorano

Won't hear a bad word said about the Quo. Mystery Song is one of my all time Favs -  Blue for you is a superb album too. (It was one of the very few albums that knocked about our house when I was a child, I played it for years & years).

Never realised that Parfitt wrote the Mystery Song after Rossi put 2 big spoonfuls of speed in his tea!!

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

I'm also the proud owner of the Shirehorses album - Our Kid Eh (Mark & Lard)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xz56d7U77Ec