An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 30, 2008, 03:48:26 PM
Anybody any news on the Dread I word (Injuries) with club football?

How's Brian and Tommy?
How's Big Sean?
How's Enda?

I'd say if its in Louth that it could be a tough enough game but they were fierce in our faces in 2006

Don't ask now - ask NEXT Monday after the championship matches have been played.

Louth Exile

Quote from: take_yer_points on June 30, 2008, 03:35:55 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on June 30, 2008, 03:25:15 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2008, 03:04:16 PM
Quote from: uselessfootballer on June 30, 2008, 02:59:45 PM
I see this game has been confirmed for 7pm, 19th July. An all-ticket game in Drogheda

Where did you see this confirmed?

Hoganstand

Looks like an overnight stay somewhere en-route to Clones.

Hoganstand have it as Saturday 12th July - this can't be right can it?

Louth's eagerly-awaited SFC qualifier against Tyrone will be played in Drogheda on Saturday July 12 at 7.00pm.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=97436

The date ain't right.
The battle of the boyne site is less than 3miles from the pitch, so that would be an interesting date to have it  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ziggysego

No, the BBC have it at Drogheda at 7.00pm on Saturday 19th July.
Testing Accessibility

Louth Exile

Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2008, 04:17:54 PM
No, the BBC have it at Drogheda at 7.00pm on Saturday 19th July.

I don't think that either county will have huge support for this game, so I think that Drogheda will be will able to handle the crowd.
I don't remember us ever hosting Tyrone before  ??? Hands up all those Tyrone men who have been to the Gaelic grounds in Drogheda before!

I warn you now, don't be expecting much in terms of facilities! At least it is very handy to get to from the M1 motorway

An Lu Abu
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

orangeman

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 30, 2008, 04:02:55 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on June 30, 2008, 03:35:55 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on June 30, 2008, 03:25:15 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2008, 03:04:16 PM
Quote from: uselessfootballer on June 30, 2008, 02:59:45 PM
I see this game has been confirmed for 7pm, 19th July. An all-ticket game in Drogheda

Where did you see this confirmed?

Hoganstand

Looks like an overnight stay somewhere en-route to Clones.

Hoganstand have it as Saturday 12th July - this can't be right can it?

Louth's eagerly-awaited SFC qualifier against Tyrone will be played in Drogheda on Saturday July 12 at 7.00pm.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=97436

The date ain't right.
The battle of the boyne site is less than 3miles from the pitch, so that would be an interesting date to have it  :D

Sure the way things are going politically, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we had the game played on the 12th July instead, with Paisley throwing in the ball, and Martin Mc Guinness and Robinson refereeing a half a piece and 3 bus loads from Drumcree Church introduced to the crowd at half time with Nicky Brennan giving out commerative T shirts.  ;) ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ziggysego

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 30, 2008, 04:28:44 PM
I warn you now, don't be expecting much in terms of facilities! At least it is very handy to get to from the M1 motorway

What's the disabled facilities like Louth Exile?
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Just houl it in Ziggy!

I know Louth were hammered by the Jackeens but what kind of game was it? Was it a late collapse or outplayed throughout? I know they had a mediocre NFL - 3 wins and 4 batins I thin. How did the Down v Louth or Fermanagh/Louth game go?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2008, 04:48:51 PM

I know Louth were hammered by the Jackeens but what kind of game was it? Was it a late collapse or outplayed throughout? I know they had a mediocre NFL - 3 wins and 4 batins I thin. How did the Down v Louth or Fermanagh/Louth game go?

Good questions there:

NFL: LOUTH 2-10 DOWN 1-14
After leaking two goals, Down came good to steal a one-point win over Louth at Drogheda this afternoon. Late points from Ronan Murtagh, John Clarke and substitute Paul McComiskey helped the visitors claim this hard-earned win.

Substitute Jamie Carr netted to steer Louth into a 1-04 to 0-03 lead, but Down battled back thanks to Kevin McKernan's penalty kick. Louth once again gained control on the restart until Down's late trio of points saw them secure back-to-back wins

Fermanagh 0-11 Louth 0-10

rrhf

Its 22 years since Kerry last beat Tyrone, 13 years since the mighty dubs last beat Tyrone and its 51 years since Louth last beat Tyrone in the championship.  To put this game into context psychologically Kerry couldnt take Tyrone in a game of marbles,  and certainly the dirty dubs just want to fight us in the league anmd bend the knee gracefully in the championship, so how can we expect a Louth team to compensate for 51 years of pain against the redhand men on the 13th.    Therefore its a a dream draw for Harte and Tyrone fans.  Louth gave Tyrone great trouble twice a couple of years ago but have since went back.  For Louth to give Tyrone trouble a third time particularly when they look so stagnant and uncompetitive would cement in many doubters minds that this era holds no more serious success prospects for Tyrone - I think there may be something left in Tyrone this year so hear we go with the prediction:  Tyrone should be winning this game by 5 points which is a good win in any championship game, If they can win by 10 it will only help us alleviate the still hurting memory of  the 1957 all Ireland semi final, so come on Tyrone beat them by 10 - we left it behind that day.  As much as Louth is nice to the people that live in it, it is probably more fondly thought of as a pass through zone to Tyrone fans on our way to Dublin, literally and metaphorically speaking.  I dont totally expect that to  have changed by 8 45 Pm on July 13th.    

ONeill

Definitely July 13th?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

rrhf

Im with you lads - this shouldnt have changed by July 13th but Im also now going to go one further and predict that it will be the same story on the 19th as well.  Hows that for ballsy prediction.  By the way this Saturdays  lotto numbers will be 1, 7, 11, 25, 35, 18 and the bonus 12.  If we all go and spend a £1 on this this saturday night then subject to the big win we can all  share the big one.  Think what you could do with it.  Imagine eh.....

Louth Exile

Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2008, 04:44:58 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on June 30, 2008, 04:28:44 PM
What's the disabled facilities like Louth Exile?

I will rephrase that, don't expect any facilities! The stand is the far side from the main entrance, if there is admission from behind the stand (which is not always the case!) that would be your best angle of attack.

Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2008, 04:48:51 PM
We were in the game against the Dubs until the 44th minute when we gifted them a goal and we gave up after that!
Louth played Down in Drogheda in the NFL and deserved to come away with at least a point, but unfortunately not. A good game where both teams performed well. Louth were poor against Fermanagh and still only lost by a point in Eniskillen

PS: Question for rrhf.... Between 57 and 06 how many times have An Lu and the Red Hands clashed in the championship  ;) :D

Hardy

I have a soft spot for the Gaelic Grounds - scene of some of the most towering performances of my illustr ... excell ...  mediocr ... miserable career. And the Ó Raghaillighs bar was the scene of one of my most embarrasing social faux pas.