An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Fair play to you for your honesty Hardy, good tale  :D

The capacity for the ground has been restricted to 5k by all reports. This is ridiculously samll, where do they get this stuff?
I know it is not up to scratch as a county ground but the place would comfortably and safely hold 7, 8 or even 9k
A quick bit of maths and I work out that the club could get as few as 50 to 60 tickets.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

orangeman

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 01, 2008, 04:40:02 PM

The capacity for the ground has been restricted to 5k by all reports. This is ridiculously samll, where do they get this stuff?
I know it is not up to scratch as a county ground but the place would comfortably and safely hold 7, 8 or even 9k
A quick bit of maths and I work out that the club could get as few as 50 to 60 tickets.
[/b]

You could be sending a good few back then ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2008, 09:53:58 PM
Line-outs that day:

Tyrone:
P McConnell;
R McMenamin, C McGinley, M McGee;
D Harte, C Gormley, P Jordan (0-01);
C Holmes, P Donnelly;
S Cavanagh, G Cavlan (0-01 (1f)), R Mellon;
M Penrose, S O'Neill (0-04 (1f)), O Mulligan (2-06 (3f)).
Substitutes: E McGinley (0-02) for Donnelly, R Mulgrew (0-02) for Cavlan, D Carlin for Harte, B Meenan for Holmes, A Ball for O'Neill, B Donnelly for Mellon, C Gourley for McGee.

So, for those that are no longer with the team in '08 (or starting, i.e., Donnelly), or who didn't start in '06, we have a pick  from :

C Cavanagh
B Mc Guigan
T Mc Guigan
Joe Mc Mahon
Justin Mc Mahon
Colm Mc Cullagh
D Mc Caul
PJ Quinn
J Devine (if not injured)/J Curran
K Hughes, amongst others...

Feeling better already  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrone Dreamer

I had no problem with the game being played in Drogheda but 5k is too small. Even 8,000 wouldnt be to bad but 5k could mean genuine supporters missing out. Im assuming the fact that it got the go ahead there that it must hold a bit more than 5,000.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 01, 2008, 07:04:13 PM

I had no problem with the game being played in Drogheda but 5k is too small. Even 8,000 wouldnt be to bad but 5k could mean genuine supporters missing out. Im assuming the fact that it got the go ahead there that it must hold a bit more than 5,000.

Well I would have said that it held nearly twice that easy, that was until a member of the Mickey Harte clan got at it!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Fishbat

Quote from: orangeman on June 30, 2008, 04:34:08 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on June 30, 2008, 04:02:55 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on June 30, 2008, 03:35:55 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on June 30, 2008, 03:25:15 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2008, 03:04:16 PM
Quote from: uselessfootballer on June 30, 2008, 02:59:45 PM
I see this game has been confirmed for 7pm, 19th July. An all-ticket game in Drogheda

Where did you see this confirmed?

Hoganstand

Looks like an overnight stay somewhere en-route to Clones.

Hoganstand have it as Saturday 12th July - this can't be right can it?

Louth's eagerly-awaited SFC qualifier against Tyrone will be played in Drogheda on Saturday July 12 at 7.00pm.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=97436

The date ain't right.
The battle of the boyne site is less than 3miles from the pitch, so that would be an interesting date to have it  :D

Sure the way things are going politically, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we had the game played on the 12th July instead, with Paisley throwing in the ball, and Martin Mc Guinness and Robinson refereeing a half a piece and 3 bus loads from Drumcree Church introduced to the crowd at half time with Nicky Brennan giving out commerative T shirts;) ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

With "Seige (sic) of Drogheda 2008" medals to be dished out to the winners

orangeman

Reports that Owen Mulligan has made a full recovery from a hamstring injury appear wide of the mark with Harte admitting that the best he can hope for is a place on the subs bench against the Wee County.

"Owen is coming on much better, his progress has been good and while he has to catch up with his fitness at least he is in less pain.

"It will take hard work but I would not rule him out of making the squad. He should be an option on the bench."

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on July 02, 2008, 12:58:25 PM
Reports that Owen Mulligan has made a full recovery from a hamstring injury appear wide of the mark with Harte admitting that the best he can hope for is a place on the subs bench against the Wee County.

"Owen is coming on much better, his progress has been good and while he has to catch up with his fitness at least he is in less pain.

"It will take hard work but I would not rule him out of making the squad. He should be an option on the bench."

Perhaps Harte is thinking he should just rest a little longer and underestimating the wee County.

snappiered

Has the Gaelic Grounds in Drogheda a covered stand or is it all standing? Is there steps or just grass banks? What the pavillion like?

tyrone86

Got a text today, from a normally reliable source, saying the capacity is only 4500 and Tyrone would be getting less than 2000 tickets. Surely this can't be right ???

KIDDO 4

Even better source Tyrone will get 1800 tickets.

tyrone86

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on July 02, 2008, 05:23:21 PM

That was the exact figure mentioned in the text. Many thanks for the confirmation.

Tyrone Dreamer

If thats true its a disgrace that the game is going ahead in Drogheda. Even for a game like this Tyrone would bring at least 3 or 4000 especially with it not being on tv. You cant leave thousands outside for a championship match when there are viable altenatives not too far away. The fans going to a game like this wouldnt be sunshine supporters either.

Fear ón Srath Bán

That's extracting the urine, big time.  >:(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Louth Exile

I can't disagre that 1,800 is a paltry figure for Tyrone suporters.
I can't deny that Drogheda is not up to scratch.

Having said this, Drogheda is the right place to have it, the 4,500 who are there will have loads of space!