All-Stars 2023

Started by Blowitupref, July 18, 2023, 11:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

There was a poll in here a while back re the advanced Mark, 91% against it. Surely the powers that be have to see sense...??

Rossfan

With all due respect to us here....I doubt if the GAA will pass too much heed.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

square_ball

If the mark has to stay I wouldn't mind if it was inside the 21m line only. These marks around the D for a simple kick and catch that an u10 could do shouldn't be rewarded with a tap over free.

imtommygunn

You could see a few in the semi finals I think it was where they were consciously trying to kick for a mark out the wing where there was space as it was an easy point. IIRC Monaghan were at it a bit. I think they use the mark quite a lot.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on August 04, 2023, 11:35:03 AM
With all due respect to us here....I doubt if the GAA will pass too much heed.

Those in HQ aren't paying enough heed of matches if don't scrap the advanced mark this winter.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BrotherMore6592

Paddy andrews shouting on OTB last week about cluxton for player of the year. Please give over

inroundthesquare

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on August 15, 2023, 01:11:53 AM
Paddy andrews shouting on OTB last week about cluxton for player of the year. Please give over

Brian Fenton is the Player of the Year.

Wildweasel74

Must seen the man above playing in earlier games, wasn't that hot

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 18, 2023, 10:53:12 PM
Must seen the man above playing in earlier games, wasn't that hot

Clifford wasn't hot in quarter or final either

rrhf

Clifford was very well marked by Paudie Hampsey in the quarter final and to a lesser extent by Fitzy in the final. I don't think that's poy form to be honest..then again Brian dooher had better games and year in 2003 and they gave it to Stevie Mc Donnelll for scoring 4 goals against Longford...

tbrick18

Brendan Rogers has to be in the mix for player of the year.
Stood out in every game and was arguably motm against Kerry in the SF.

In all likelihood, player of the year will go to a Dublin player or Clifford.

Mario

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 22, 2023, 02:14:04 PM
Brendan Rogers has to be in the mix for player of the year.
Stood out in every game and was arguably motm against Kerry in the SF.

In all likelihood, player of the year will go to a Dublin player or Clifford.
From a Derry pov I think McGuigan was even better than Rogers this year. Obviously Rogers was better in semi though

rrhf

Mc Guigan was very good and a good shot for an all star but he had a poor day out  v Cork, but Rogers is the heartbeat of this Derry side and has been the reason why Derry are back winning Ulster titles after being a laughing stock for so long...a tremendous footballer...

Mario

Quote from: rrhf on August 22, 2023, 09:44:07 PM
Mc Guigan was very good and a good shot for an all star but he had a poor day out  v Cork, but Rogers is the heartbeat of this Derry side and has been the reason why Derry are back winning Ulster titles after being a laughing stock for so long...a tremendous footballer...
He's guaranteed an all star. It was a windy day in Croke park that day and his shooting was off otherwise I thought he had a good game. Clifford had the same problem that weekend and he'll get poty probably.

Wildweasel74

He get a all star but as said above he was very poor against Cork.