Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Was that HPMcG who was trying his best to bring kerry back into it. Two awful passes. At the same time conditions were shocking and he wasn't long on?

Angelo

The early season form of McCurry is a a big boost, I'm a huge fan of his, he's a joy to watch and he really seems to have found a role that he can excel in the side. I hope he keeps it up. If we can add in the likes of M Donnelly, Hampsey, McKernan and R Donnelly later on it bodes well with McShane now back in the fold.

I thought Niall Kelly and Rafferty did very well today. Morgan was outstanding on the frees, had a few early jitters on the kickouts against a strong breeze.

The conditions were poor for both sides, I think we were probably effected more as we made a huge number of handling errors and were turned over a huge amount of times in the first half that led to scores.

Hard to make too many conclusions today as they were very miserable conditions to play in. I'd have high hopes for Kilpatrick but he hasn't really made much of an impact in the league thus far, I think he's worth sticking with.

Hope Kerr is given another shot, very difficult for him in those circumstances today. We played against a strong breeze in the first half and there was not much ball going in as a result.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

rrhf

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 09, 2020, 07:35:22 PM
Big improvement second half today. Mc curry/Morgan the standouts. Another win should secure safety.

You ll be gutted if so ..

GetOverTheBar

The referee might have got us out of jail yesterday with that second yellow for Clifford. Not a yellow or in that case second yellow for me.

Big win - D1 is cut throat this year.

You can laugh now but McGeary had an absolute shocker when he came on. One to forget for him.

Taylor

Thought McCurry was excellent yesterday - would be great to see him keep this form for the season.

Fair play to E'Dork for getting prepared at such short notice.

I feared for us at the beginning of the year and thought relegation was a distinct possibility - not at all now and with Cathal back we have the firepower.

Thought Frank had a might game yesterday

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 10, 2020, 09:57:20 AM
The referee might have got us out of jail yesterday with that second yellow for Clifford. Not a yellow or in that case second yellow for me.

You can laugh now but McGeary had an absolute shocker when he came on. One to forget for him.

I don't think the Clifford incident had much of a bearing, there was little time left and Kerry were trailing against a strong breeze. You could argue the Harte red card had a bigger impact. Thought the referee had no real control on the game, although the conditions made it tough.

Angelo

Quote from: Taylor on February 10, 2020, 10:01:35 AM
Thought McCurry was excellent yesterday - would be great to see him keep this form for the season.

Fair play to E'Dork for getting prepared at such short notice.

I feared for us at the beginning of the year and thought relegation was a distinct possibility - not at all now and with Cathal back we have the firepower.

Thought Frank had a might game yesterday

Thought K McGeary and Frank Burns did very well sharing the sweeping duties and had a good impact driving out with the ball.

T McCann had a really bad first half but thought he was excellent in the second.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 09, 2020, 10:44:18 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 09, 2020, 07:35:22 PM
Big improvement second half today. Mc curry/Morgan the standouts. Another win should secure safety.

You ll be gutted if so ..
go away and cop yourself on. We need to stay in div 1 for the new manager next year.

bigpackiechestout

Hugh Pat has been a steady performer for us now for the past year, just a bad day at the office yesterday. Michael Cassidy also had a rush of blood to the head when he came on, ploughing into Tommy Walsh after he'd caught a mark. Walsh would have struggled to score that himself but Cassidy turned it into a handy free for O'Shea. It can't be easy getting to the pitch of a game like that when coming on after sitting around in the freezing cold and wet for an hour.

Frank Burns was great yesterday, he's far more suited to playing further back the field than in the inside line. Niall Sludden had a good game also and the second half was the best I've seen Tiernan McCann play for some time. Seemed to be some good team spirit on show from Tyrone as well, all the subs and injured men on the sideline up out of the dugout urging the team on.

I was delighted for McCurry yesterday. He's had his critics within Tyrone but really stood up yesterday, he's playing great stuff at the moment. Lovely interview with him on BBC NI as well for anyone interested.

We have a good two week break now where we can get McShane and Harte another couple of weeks training under the belt and then a big game v Galway.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on February 10, 2020, 10:04:43 AM

I don't think the Clifford incident had much of a bearing, there was little time left and Kerry were trailing against a strong breeze. You could argue the Harte red card had a bigger impact. Thought the referee had no real control on the game, although the conditions made it tough.

Not sure....there was 4/5 mins left at the time....Clfford was outstanding, only ended up a point in it. I could have seen Kerry engineer the draw Dublin style if he stayed on. I think Sean O'Shea also missed a free around that time too but it was that cold it may have been before the sending off.

Think Tyrone needed that win and they got it, big tests to come and it looks like everyone is going to take the 2 pts from Meath. You really couldn't call it. Could end up in final, could end up fighting relegation. All in all, considering everything and the injury list / McShane saga things look a lot better now than this time last week.

Eastie

Monaghan hopefully was a wake up call. I really hope McCurry can carry it on into Croke Park later in the year, he can be a joy to watch. Still think there are big improvements to be made but all is good when you come out on the right side.

sensethetone

We've 3 tough away fixtures and Dublin at home, although it's all to play for the next 2 points could well be harder to come by than yesterdays.

Stan

Anyone know how long Richie and Mattie Donnelly out for?

Angelo

Quote from: Stan on February 10, 2020, 05:37:41 PM
Anyone know how long Richie and Mattie Donnelly out for?

Mattie not due back until Championship at some point.

There's been no word on a timeline for the likes of Richie, McClure, Loughran or Hampsey.