Ulster All-Stars are in!

Started by Maguire01, September 07, 2007, 11:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

And Derry have won, this season? (Still waiting)

Oh sorry I forgot they're called the Irish News Ulster ALlstars (Oh but only if you've won something)

WTF has winning anything got to do with it. Allstars are about being a consistently good player over the course of a championship season i.e. Muldoon, not being a good player in one match i.e. Dooher.

It's not rocket science chap!

Fear ón Srath Bán

As I thought, feck all (was asking about the team, not individuals thereof).

Now, for slow learners:

Tyrone: Ulster Champs, AI exit at the Quarter Final stage, beaten once.
Monaghan: Ulster Championship finalists, exit at the QF stage, beaten twice.
Derry: Beaten by Monaghan in 2nd round of Ulster, exit at QF stage, beaten twice.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

full back

Not taking sides here, but what has how many games you lose got to do with the All Stars?

screenexile

As I thought, feck all (was asking about the team, not individuals thereof).

Now, for slow learners:

Tyrone: Ulster Champs, AI exit at the Quarter Final stage, beaten once.
Monaghan: Ulster Championship finalists, exit at the QF stage, beaten twice.
Derry: Beaten by Monaghan in 2nd round of Ulster, exit at QF stage, beaten twice.

Good research there... can't fault it. Having said that it means absoulte nothing, the All Stars have nothing to do with the amount of matches won and lost, nor the amount of titles won.

It concerns players and their performances. Tyrone performed well below their usual standard throughout the year, Monaghan and Derry performed above their standard with more players excelling in their positions than their Tyrone counterparts. Again... there is no rule that states the Captain of the Ulster winning team deserves an all star, there were obviosuly 3 more players who played consistently better throughout the year than Dooher. Therefore he is not entitled to an Allstar. Actually Brian Dooher probably knows himself he wasn't a consistent enough performer to get one. Why all the sour grapes?

Maximus Marillius

Dooher played in four championship matches, he was crap in three of them and class in one, one in four is not all star material

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: full back on September 12, 2007, 12:32:06 PM
Not taking sides here, but what has how many games you lose got to do with the All Stars?

Good, because winding up one county at a time is quite enough!  ;)

Will Hunting

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on September 12, 2007, 12:50:11 PM
Dooher played in four championship matches, he was crap in three of them and class in one, one in four is not all star material

But he captained Tyrone to the Anglo-Celt! And the McKenna Cup. And he's from Tyrone!!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not surprising you Derry boys are so easily wound up though -- any morsel in a famine is a feast!  :P